Wake Forest University

« See more reviews of Wake Forest University

Surprisingly, as someone who has lived in Boston and Ohio, I never felt like Wake was very Southern at all. I'm not sure if it was self-selection, but I honestly only have a handful of southern friends, with the rest hailing from the north like myself. People are definitely pretty preppy here-- we do like to wear dresses and ties to tailgate-- but it is mostly by choice. Wear a sundress to a football game and you'll never go back, trust me, it's too hot for black jerseys or t-shirts. Athletes are generally the only ones that wear sweats to classes unless you're one of the many health-obsessed students who hit the gym before your 10am. We are definitely work hard, play hard at Wake, though. With the amount of work we put in during the week and especially Sundays, you would go crazy if you didn't go out as hard as we do. It's all self-preservation and we are happy to do it.

Some. Greek life is really big on our campus, but it makes it more fun. There are always parties to go to, free alcohol, and fun people. For me greek life is awesome cuz ive made so many more friends through my sorority. The part about the money is not true. Many people do not have as much money as some others. I work for my money and my parents don't pay for any of my stuff except my actualy tuition. Some ppl can be snobby but others, like me, appreciate everything

On the whole the people that attend Wake Forest are very preppy. Everyone walks around in polos carrying their North Face back packs with a Nalege or a cup of Starbucks in their hands. I do not think that everyone here is that snobbish. I would say that people that go to Wake are mostly still living in the sheltered bubble they grew up in and that their ignorance concerning differences can make them appear as if they have an attitude of self imposed superiority.

Students -yes, very true Schools -while the school is very greek, it is sort of like, since it is a big deal, it almost isn't as much of a big deal. since so many people are in the greek system, it is less cliqueish, and more like another club that you are in. -there aren't a lot of "easy A" classes, but at the same time, A's are possible in most classes. The work will be worth it.

The thing about stereotypes is that there is a reason why they exist, because, to some extent, it's valid. However, it would be unfair to say that EVERYONE here fit into that mold. There are people who are from middle-class families, people who are here on a full scholarship, and others who are in fact sons and daughters of CEO's. Like the world, it is a mix of people.

NO! these stereotypes are not accurate at all. I mean, there are definitely people who personify these characteristics, and most people that come here are generally wealthy, but i know plenty of people who are are here on scholarship or are not stuck up at all! I love wake, and i don't feel like i have to dress in J Crew everyday to feel like i belong whatsoever.

Is the stereotype of students at Wake accurate? OBVIOUSLY. This school is chalk full of rich snobs who think they're entitled. It's hilarious, but true. Besides, only some of us belong at this Top-25-ranked university; there are some unintelligent humans here; I'm pretty sure their parents may have bribed the admissions office...

The stereotypes are somewhat accurate. A lot of students at Wake are very preppy and many are wealthy. However, there is also a large faction of students that are here on scholarship and do not have money, or, even if they do, do not flaunt it. Many students here are very skinny and attractive but not all.

To a certain extent they are. Preppy is definitely a majority, but it's not overwhelmingly so. And of course there are those students more financially stable than others, but when it comes down to it more people are starving college students. And everyone is pretty smart, unless theyre trying not to be.

I would say for the most part, this is rather true. However, there are a bunch of Northerners here; and they fit about the same profile. As I have spent more time at Wake I have found more and more people who do not fit this stereotype. So, they are here, you just have to look for them.