Wake Forest University

« See more reviews of Wake Forest University

yes; business law; study time depends on major; heavy class participation; yes for intellectual conversations; very competitive; first year seminars tend to be unique; common to meet with professors outside of class; both academic and practical focus

Some do and some don't. Students study a lot, they don't call is Work Forest for nothing. Class participation is very common. Students are competitive with themselves not each other. The education at Wake is geared towards learning for its own sake.

the one thing that sucks is no matter how hard you study, your grades usually arent as good as your friends at other schools. i have friends at shitty schools with 4.0s and they never go to class. most of my professors knew my name which was nice.

Some professors work to get to know their students more than other. It is most often the smaller classes in which professors know the students' names. Wake Students study a lot and often have intelligent conversations outside of the classroom.

Bad grade deflation, but very good reputation makes up for bad GPA. Classes are nicely sized. Good professors. Lots of group projects and teamwork. Students are not very competitive.

My professors did know my name. Students study four times a week. People did participate in class. Students are competitive. There are a lot of core requirements.

Classes are difficult. You may work hard for merely a C in a class. Professors make themselves readily available outside of class if you need help.

Small classes, very intimate but very very hard. B's are definitely do-able but A's are very rare.

grade deflation. seriously