Wake Forest University

« See more reviews of Wake Forest University

Academcis are awesome. professors will know who you are if you are in a small class (many are under 20 ppl) or if you take time to visit the professor with questions. Everyone here is really smart and talk about intellectual topics such as politics or the administration, but also about social stuff. Students are pretty competitve but not to the point where it ruins friendships/makes you feel awkward. My major is HES and although i havent actually taken a class yet i know it will be awesme for physical therapy.

My classes have been small and typically the professors know my name and notice if i'm not in class. I have has dinner and class at my professors house four different times. I am in the Calloway business school and grade deflation is terrible, classes are hard, but we will come out extremely well rounded. Our career services needs to work on our internship and job program however. We also start off with a ton of basic requirements that leaves little chance of double majoring easily.

The classes are ALL difficult, and we do have grade deflation. Evidenced by the fact that to make dean's list you have to have a 3.00 and there isnt a much larger percentage of kids on it here than there are at other schools where the requirement is higher. this is something to take into account if youre looking at going to grad schools becuase they do NOT take the difficulty of your school and the 'meaning' of your GPA into account like universities do for high schools

All of my professors know my name and remember my work. I can easily reach them all by email or go to their office during their office hours. I have honestly enjoyed the majority of my classes and found them interesting, even at 8 A.M. The work is hard, we have the nickname "Work Forest" but if you stay on top of your schedule and manage your time you will do fine.

Due to the size of this school and its small classes, Professors become closer with their students. My favorite class was a seminar on the founding of Virginia and my least favorite class was Calculus. Students here are constantly studying and getting little sleep. Class participation due to the size of the classes in almost mandatory. Education at Wake is intense.

Very challenging - where your best has not been good enough since 1834. Absolutely no one wants a "B." Everyone is out to get "As" - and they all can - everyone is very very bright at Wake. But they work hard for it. No one really goes out during the week, only on Wednesdays. It is not unusual for students to stay in one weekend night and do work.

Academic here at Wake are pretty tough. Professors know my name. I love the History department here, absolutely despise the Physics department. Students are fairly competitive. Education here is more geared to getting a job.

Professors know my name. People study a lot but it depends on the courses they are taking Students are competetitive but, unlike other schools, are willing to help others Unique: Feminist Fairytales

overall I like the academic setting at wake...although sometimes I struggle to get the classes I want and I have a lot of school work

It's called Work Forest for a reason, but you'll learn a lot and learn to manage your time really well.