Wake Forest University

« See more reviews of Wake Forest University

I'm in a sorority. Greek life is pretty popular, especially for girls. It isn't too intense an experience which makes it easier for a wider span of girls to join sororities whereas they might not at other schools. The Greek system is also pretty self-involved- there isn't too much interaction between Greeks and non-Greeks, especially in respect to social life. Athletic events are pretty popular, especially in the fall. The sororities and fraternities dress up and tailgate, and a majority of the student body attends the game. My original closest friends were on my freshman hall, and some of my other ones I met in my pledge class. I am almost always awake at 2 a.m. on a Tuesday- I'm either working or out in the lounge with the girls on my hall, or both.

Greek life is very big on Wake's campus. I'm involved in Chi Omega and it has helped keep me well-rounded as far as providing me with social, academic, and service opportunities as well as helping me find my best friends. Athletic events are especially popular when the team is good. Football is popular because students like to tailgate and men's soccer is popular because they are typically very good. People seem to be "hooking up" or "together" more often than they date with titles but as students get older they tend to have serious relationships. People party as much as 4 nights a week and often during the day when the weather gets nice. Last weekend I went to a frat party one night and a date function at the same fraternity the following night.

Popular organizations are the greek organizations; I know one student who does not lock her door; the athletic events are very, very popular, speakers not so much, theatre moderately popular; the dating scene is very much composed of hookups and one-night stands; there are people in long-term relationships, but lots of them are with students at other schools; the GLBT dating scene is absolutely horrible since no one here is out; I met my closest friends through the Gay-Straight organization and through a diversity residence organization; 2am on Tuesday I would be working on homework; People party at least once a week, usually on Fridays; Last weekend I watched movies, slept in, went to a get-together at a friend's house, and did work

Greek life, especially sororities, are a very large part of social life on campus. Also religious groups can be a big part of social groups. Most freshmen join Screamin' Demons, a group that supports Wake sports. Lots of people go to football games and basketball games and it's a great way to get involved and feel the Wake spirit. There is a major lack of a dating scene, although I don't know if its worse than most college campuses. There's definitely more a hookup culture, and then when people start dating it get really serious really quickly. If you're a partier, you can definitely party at least 4 nights a week. Wednesday is the big non-weekend night to go out but people also drink on Thursday nights a lot.

Popular groups: football, basketball, women's lacrosse, men's soccer, rugby A group: fraternity intramural sports Leave dorm doors open: yes Athletic events: football is popular, basketball is freshman year or when good Guest speakers / theatre: depends Dating: up to you, many have girlfriends Closest friends: fraternity and freshman dorm 2am on a Tuesday: likely studying, maybe drinking Traditions: rolling the quad, Springfest How often partying: 2-4 nights a week Greek life: very important Last weekend: fraternity party, house party Saturday night without drinking: bowling, movie, studying Off-campus: everything except class

The most popular groups on campus is definitely greek life. I am in a sorority. Ya, people are not afraid to leave their doors unlocked, no one steals here. Athletic events are pretty popular, especially football for the tailgating. I met my closest friends in my freshman year dorm and through my sorority. If I am awake on Tuesday at 2 am I am either at a party or studying. A tradition that happens is toilet papering the quad after games. People party probably about 3 times a week. Greek life is important to a lot of people. Last weekend I went out and did homework. I do the Big Brothers Big Sisters program off campus.

football team is getting more attention, our basketball team used to be amazing and the most renowned on campus. Frat and sorority life are also huge and a big part of campus life. Most students leave their doors open, although that may be starting to change after some theft incidents. Rolling the quad is a huge tradition after a big win (football and basketball primarily). Most people party 3 times a week, maybe more maybe less. You can go to the movies, if you dont want to go out on a Saturday night, although the options on campus are fairly limited, as are they off campus since there isnt much of a college town.

Greek life is very prominent on campus. Most parties are hosted at fraternity houses, and a large number of women are involved in sororities. While this is the case, it is not necessary to be part of greek life in order to enjoy certain aspects of it. Anyone can go to frat parties, and many students have friends in different greek organizations, or ones who are not affiliated with any. I met all of my closest friends on my freshman residence hall, and all of them are in different sororities than I am. Everyone I know leaves their doors open and welcomes visitors.

most popular groups are definitely Greek organizations, dominates the student activities on campus...I'm involved in Pi Beta Phi and that has definitely enhanced my experience at Wake this semester, allowing me to get to know over 100 new girls and get involved in different campus activities in a new way...It's a great way to get involved and get to meet new people and be a part of something fun and exciting...People seem to party pretty often at Wake, most parties revolve around the Greek system and off-campus fraternity house parties.

About half of the students are involved in Greek Life on campus, which pretty much dominates the social scene. Athletic events are generally high in attendance, especially the football and basketball games. One of the most popular groups on campus is Student Union, which organizes fun and creative events for students to get their minds off work and enjoy a good time with their friends. This group also plans the annual events and traditions that Wake has. Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays are the big "going out" nights.