Wake Forest University

« See more reviews of Wake Forest University

Fraternities and sororities are the most popular organizations on campus. Some students leave their doors open in the dorm, but I know of multiple students who have had valuables stolen from their rooms. Football games are popular, but most other sporting events are not. Guest speakers and theater tend not to be very popular, even though there are many interesting speakers brought to campus. I met my closest friends in my dorm. People usually party every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday night.

sororities and fraternities are very popular groups on campus because they provide such a range of things to do from service to social activities. We really support our athletic teams- especially basketball and football- those are some of my fondest memories on campus. If i'm awake at 2am on Tuesday I'm either hanging out with friends in a social setting or doing schoolwork. Different groups of people party at different times, there is a party every night if you are looking for one.

Greek life is enormous. However, because there aren't Greek houses and because we have deferred rush, it is not as dividing as it could be. The party scene is almost entirely Greek, with sports teams occasionally having parties. Bar scene is almost nonexistent. People party 2 - 3 times a week on average: Wednesday, Friday, Saturday. Chock it up to the nice weather, but day parties are extremely popular with the students--and definitely one of the best parts of Wake.

Wake has a great social and activities calendar! There is always something going on whether it is a party of some kind with a fraternity or sorority, or a forum on some issue facing students today. I would say that greek life is definitely important on campus just because of the sheer numbers of students who choose to be greek, but it is by no means overpowering. I have many friends who are and many who aren't greek, so it doesn't define the student body here.

Wake is not a dry campus and the party scene is predominately at fraternity or sorority social events. There are some bars in the town which upper classmen frequently go to, but otherwise students (greek and independent) hit the frat party scene. Althletic events (mostly football) are very popular and well attended. People usually party Friday and Saturday night and on Wednesday nights during the week (refered to as Wake Wednesdays).

most popular organizations revolve around greek life. and the most popular sports teams are the ones that make the most money i.e. football, basketball. i don't attend basketball games but i went to almost all the football games. last weekend i went to a few parties and drank. most of my friday saturday and wednesday night involve drinking...plus the occasional monday/tuesday. off campus i work and shop and eat with friends

My closest friends were all on my hall freshman year. We've remained a close-knit group of girls and I couldn't imagine my life without them. If I'm awake at 2 am on a Tuesday, so are they. And they're probably with me. We're either out at a party, hanging out in sweatpants laughing and eating Ben & Jerry's, or at the library all studying together and sending emails to one another trying to make someone laugh out loud.

Intramural and Greek life are huge. I'm involved in Greek life and there's no reason not to do it, you can be as much or little involved as you want. Freshman leave their doors open for the most part, many upperclassmen do if they know the people in their suite. Football games are our most attended. My friends I met on my hall freshman year and through my sorority. People party heavily Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.

Wake Forest has a great social scene. Fraternities and sororities are a HUGE part of that social scene. I think that the Greek life on Wakes campus is incredibly important. I may be biased as a member of the Greek community, but I think we do a lot more than just throw parties. The Greek system raises a lot of money on campus for great causes and always has a great turnout to nonGreek fundraisers as well.

Greek organizations are the most popular on campus. i am involved in Kappa Delta. Students tend to leave their doors open. Athletic events are popular. Guest speakers and theater events are mildly so. There is no dating scene. My closest friends were either on my freshman dorm hall or in my sorority. If i am awake at 2am on Tuesday i am probably studying. I go to movies on saturday nights