Wake Forest University

« See more reviews of Wake Forest University

Greek life is the center of social life at Wake, at least in my opinion. Many students don't lock their doors, and this is usually safe. Athletic events are more popular than guest speakers, and definitely more popular than theater, but this fluctuates. I met my closest friends freshman year and in my sorority pledge class. I eat off campus a lot, and go to bars downtown.

Greek life is really big at Wake, and people hang out with their greek organization a TON! I'm in a sorority, Kappa Kappa Gamma. It depends, some people leave their doors open and others don't. Athletic events are kind of popular. It depends on if a team is doing particularly well or not. People at Wake do not date very much. People usually go out 3-4 nights a week.

One thing you should know before coming to Wake is that Greek life dominates this school. If you are not going to be on a sports team or in a fraternity or sorority, life may be difficult for you. There are many independents who have a great social life here but they are on the periphery. Everything revolves around fraternities and sororities.

Fraternities and sororities are the most popular organizations on campus. I was in Kappa. Students in the dorm do leave their doors open. If I'm awake at 2am on a Tuesday, I'm drunk. Tradition: When sports teams win events, we throw toilet paper all over the trees. Off campus we go to bars, restaurants or movies.

'School' related activities are pretty under the radar...Football games are fun because they are a huge tailgate, besides that I don't know who attends all of the student government activities. Fraternity parties and athletic parties dominate the weekends - except Sunday when you can find EVERYONE in the library.

greek life seems to dominate. most people party wed, fri, and saturday. sometimes mondays too. people not involved in greek life seem to despise it though. and the administration is not exactly supporting it, even though we raise so much money for charities and actually do good tihngs, not just drink

-greek life is very active, a great deal of students are involved, it tends to dominate social life -most students leave their doors open -the theater is very active, constantly producing shows -off campus students head to the movie theater, and grab food; downtown is pretty lacking

Football, sororities, and frats are popular groups. I'm a part of the track and cross country teams. There is always some sort of speaker, play, athletic event, entertainment activity, benefit fundraisers, etc. that take place year round on Wake's campus.

I participate in Student Government and there are a lot of dedicated and hard working kids here. There are plenty of things to do on the weekend for the drinkers and non-drinkers, and the Student Union really works hard to give everyone something to do.

Greek Life here on campus is hands down the largest organization. We have other organizations such as service oriented to diversity oriented, but Greeks tend to rule the social scene and therefore many people join fraternities of sororities.