Raleigh, NC
Wake Technical Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wake Technical Community College

Kendall

Automatically when I walked onto the campus I felt at home. Yes, it is a community college, so it is a totally different experience from university life. However, that being said, I don't feel like I'm missing out on college life. There are no dorms or forms of off-campus housing, so wherever you live is what you have to work with, but the campuses (there are 5, soon to be 6) are easily accessible and are a short drive away from shopping, dining, malls, and whatever else you may want. Not only that, but Wake Tech works with other colleges within North Carolina's university system, so when you do decide to go on to bigger and better things, your advisor will make sure that your credits transfer (and most of them will) and you don't have to struggle with the stressful transfer process alone. I am only staying until I get my Associate's degree in Biology, then I am transferring to NC State, but overall I am very happy with my experience at Wake Tech and I know that if you come here, you will be too!

Leslie

Overall I think Wake Tech is a great community college, especially if you're going to transfer to a 4-year university. The professors I had so far are very helpful and most of them have office hours when they can be reached. There are many facilities available for not only students, but also alumni. In conclusion they are very helpful in transitioning students into the real world.

Christopher

My classmates are diverse in every glorious sense.

My classmates are diverse in every glorious sense.

Chris, take a step back from every relationship other than your own relationship with yourself, and consider where you are going. You could follow your friends or your lovers, but the truest path to success will be to follow your own independent dreams and curiosities. Do not worry about the notoriety of the university you attend; instead focus on what that school can provide for you. The most important factor in the next stage of your life is the sincerity with which you make the next step. It is going to be a tremendous one, but do not be afraid to make it. Here's a clue: Forestry. Right now you don't have a clue what exactly you want to do with yourself and your future. You are considering becoming a writer and questioning whether college is even necessary. Well, over these last ten years I have learned that the most important element to being able to write a good story is by having lived a worthwhile life to pull details from. Forestry is a career that you are deeply passionate about, so take that course as a means of inspiration and congratulations on making it this far already.

The person capable of succeeding is the kind of person who should attend this school. Wake Technical Community College is focused on providing students, regardless of age, race, or any other socioeconomic identifier, the means to attain their academic goals. For me personally, Wake Tech has enabled me to save money on my decade-long journey to finally acquiring my Bachelors degree. The same can be said for many other individuals that I have come into contact with while at Wake Tech. The type of person who strives to succeed is the one who should attend this school.

Taryn

I think that Wake Tech is a good school, a little sketchy and night so be careful.

There is not really a set stereotype for Wake Tech. There are so many different people there that no one really pays attention to stereotypes, we just talk to each other.

I really was not as involved as I wish I had been. The Christian/Religious groups were fun, I would bounce around and volunteer with them.

There are students from all walks of life and they all seem to get along well.

This is the million dollar question. If I was being completely honest, I would not say anything to deter my high school self from the path that I eventually chose. If I could still end up where I am in life, just with a college degree, I would tell my high school self that there are other means of paying for school. High school self, you don't have to listen to your family that never went anywhere when they say that life is all about job SECURITY. Don't let them scare you into a 9-5 that you hate. Fight to break that mold. You can go to whatever school you want, and you can change your mind if you need to, because you are so young. You can do anything, but don't ever stop trying to acheive your dreams. You are beautiful, strong, smart, and you are going places. I promise.

The best thing about my school is the teachers. This is the first time in my community college experience that all the teachers have really impressed me and made me WANT to learn. They are compassionate, hard-working, and skilled in their designated fields. My sociology teacher is so good at what she does that I decided, after the first class, to add sociology to my major. I never ever though that at twenty-five I would be sitting in class, palms sweating, thinking "THIS is what I want to do with my life". I've never been more excited.

The most frustrating thing about my school at this point in time is that I can't be there every day! I attended a community college fresh out of high school, and I was not ready to learn. I didn't want it or think I needed it. I was smart, and I had the world available to me at the time. I wanted to explore, get out of my small home town, get a taste of the realy world. Now that I've done that I know that school is, now, the right place for me to be.

Derek

I would have told myself to be gentle and smart. Do not fall prey to the superficial wants and words of ordinary people. You only have one life and you have to make it worthwhile. Do not be worried to complete a task all by yourself and to use manual labor to get there. Get close to your teacher and absorb as much information as possible can. Do not worry about vain things. There will times when people will seem idiotic and offend you with their words. Do not show a responce of affection towards them. Most of all do not let them get under your skin. Hold yourself up to a high esteem but be modest about it. Everyday you are slowly building and sharpening yourself up to be something greater than what you are. Keep that in mind and live accordingly.

Anyone and everyone. This school has a spectacular education program and leaves students prepared and financially stable for their future years whether it be at a 4 year school or their career.

The cost of living is very helpful and the amount of hours per cost ratio is very helpful as well. Because of this I was able to be accepted and one day fully transfer to the Univeristy of Oklahoma.

Joshua

Wake Tech is well known for it's game design and engineering programs, as well as it's medical technician certifications.

Dear highschool self, You are not a freak, not broken, not damaged. You have Asperger's Syndrome and, while you don't think like other people and you see the world differently than they do, embrace that. Being an Aspie need not be a disadvanage. It is up to you to choose your path in life. College may get hard, and you will experience bumps in the road that others won't understand, but you also have a gift for finding patterns and for out-of-the-box thinking that let's you find solutions no one else can. Also, you don't have to be alone. There are people out there that will appreciate your differences and see the wonder of what you are. They are rare, like precious diamonds, but they exist and are worth finding. They can help you understand the world and succeed in college and all of your other endeavors. Be proud, younger self. Be brave. Take chances and dare to fail. Fear and confusion will be your worst enemy, but they only have the power that you give them.

Brian

My classmates at Wake Tech are all the same in the fact that they want to go to class and go home. At a community college like Wake Tech there is no intention for social activity because most want to get out of here as soon as possible.

If I could go back and time and talk to myself as a high school senior the best advice I could give myself is to enjoy the time that I have left in high school. Most seniors in high school are anxious to go off to college but do not realize the amount of responsibility that comes with it. In addition, if you are going to a school away from home I would highly suggest learning self-control. Many students go away to their first year of college and get pulled in to bad habits through the influence of their peers. Therefore, make sure you start your first year off strong by staying focused and managing your time correctly.

The worst thing about his school is the image that it gives off to the general public. Most view Wake Tech as a school where "losers" or "failures" go when they have no other options. This is not even close to true because many people, including myself, go to a school like Wake Tech for financial reasons.

Suzanne

Wake Tech is a great school for learning trades and for getting your basic liberal arts transfer courses done for less.

Dear Younger Self, You're not gonna believe this, but you have no clue what you are doing right now. You think you do. But you don't, and that's okay. Use the state scholarship and stay at home for a few more years. You're just not done cooking yet. Don't let anyone tell you what you should do. Trust your first instinct! Just concentrate on figuring out what makes YOU happy. And don't even think about boys yet! You've got too much on your plate to be distracted by social pressures and raging hormones. So, to review: 1) You're not a grownup yet. 2) Do what makes you happy. 3) Leave the boys for later. Love, Older Self

Wake Tech really is for all types of people!

The adive I would've gave myself was to be more focused, to pay attention to what really matters. Because, my future is in my hands and I should've applied myself more.

Someone who wants to get their Associates Degree at first and then attend a University afterwards to give you something to fall back on. If you're well driven or if you do not want to attend a university I'd recommend someone to attend Wake Technical Community College. The teachers work well with you and you'll become successful in any classes you want to take.

The most frustrating thing about Wake Technical Community College is that you have to take Pre-Reqs inorder to take your official classes. It's a waste of money and they shouldn't punish you just because you missed taking th test by 2-3 points.

Wake Technical Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.