Raleigh, NC
Wake Technical Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wake Technical Community College

Lisa

My overall opinion is it is a good community college to attend. There are all sorts of places to go if your in need of some help. The professors are very understanding and are very willing to help you. The students don't really bother you and don't seem like rude people.

Shavaun

While there are often stigmas about community colleges, Wake Tech has some of the most down-to-earth professors and diverse population I have yet to find. Not only is the campus easy to map out, but almost any student is willing to help you find your way around. I'm definitely glad I started my higher education here!

The overall opinion of Wake Technical Community College is that a majority of students who attend are eagerly looking to quickly get their diplomas, or they are quickly trying to get into the school of their dreams. One of the biggest disappointments that I encountered is that I was hoping that in college I would be able to meet so many incredible people and make a lot of friends. Unfortunately, Wake Tech is not one of those places because it is nothing like a four year university. One thing that I do love about Wake Tech though is the class sizes. I love small classes because it creates a enjoyable learning environment where the student receives one-on-one teaching styles.

Adia

Overall I have received an excellent education. I was not able to go straight to a major university out of high school for financial reasons and I received criticism from my friends for going to a community college but I have enjoyed the experience. The class sizes are small which allow for teachers to focus on you individually and each profesor has office hours for extra help. There is also help in terms of tutoring and getting teachers to review your essays. They provide the tools needed so students can succeed.

Audrey

My first semester at Wake Technical Community College has flowed smoothly since I started. The campus provides clean facilities, new laboraties, flexiblity with tardiness, free tutoring services, and a diverse population. In every corner, a student can be guaranteed a view of people holding conversations. In addition, every student at Wake Tech is there to fulfill the same purpose: to utilize a cheaper education to achieve success and hold one's own independence. I am enjoying my experience at Wake Tech as it has made me a more focused and independent student. I plan to continue completing my pre-requisites at this institution.

Kendall

Automatically when I walked onto the campus I felt at home. Yes, it is a community college, so it is a totally different experience from university life. However, that being said, I don't feel like I'm missing out on college life. There are no dorms or forms of off-campus housing, so wherever you live is what you have to work with, but the campuses (there are 5, soon to be 6) are easily accessible and are a short drive away from shopping, dining, malls, and whatever else you may want. Not only that, but Wake Tech works with other colleges within North Carolina's university system, so when you do decide to go on to bigger and better things, your advisor will make sure that your credits transfer (and most of them will) and you don't have to struggle with the stressful transfer process alone. I am only staying until I get my Associate's degree in Biology, then I am transferring to NC State, but overall I am very happy with my experience at Wake Tech and I know that if you come here, you will be too!

Leslie

Overall I think Wake Tech is a great community college, especially if you're going to transfer to a 4-year university. The professors I had so far are very helpful and most of them have office hours when they can be reached. There are many facilities available for not only students, but also alumni. In conclusion they are very helpful in transitioning students into the real world.

Christopher

My classmates are diverse in every glorious sense.

My classmates are diverse in every glorious sense.

Chris, take a step back from every relationship other than your own relationship with yourself, and consider where you are going. You could follow your friends or your lovers, but the truest path to success will be to follow your own independent dreams and curiosities. Do not worry about the notoriety of the university you attend; instead focus on what that school can provide for you. The most important factor in the next stage of your life is the sincerity with which you make the next step. It is going to be a tremendous one, but do not be afraid to make it. Here's a clue: Forestry. Right now you don't have a clue what exactly you want to do with yourself and your future. You are considering becoming a writer and questioning whether college is even necessary. Well, over these last ten years I have learned that the most important element to being able to write a good story is by having lived a worthwhile life to pull details from. Forestry is a career that you are deeply passionate about, so take that course as a means of inspiration and congratulations on making it this far already.

The person capable of succeeding is the kind of person who should attend this school. Wake Technical Community College is focused on providing students, regardless of age, race, or any other socioeconomic identifier, the means to attain their academic goals. For me personally, Wake Tech has enabled me to save money on my decade-long journey to finally acquiring my Bachelors degree. The same can be said for many other individuals that I have come into contact with while at Wake Tech. The type of person who strives to succeed is the one who should attend this school.

Taryn

I think that Wake Tech is a good school, a little sketchy and night so be careful.

There is not really a set stereotype for Wake Tech. There are so many different people there that no one really pays attention to stereotypes, we just talk to each other.

I really was not as involved as I wish I had been. The Christian/Religious groups were fun, I would bounce around and volunteer with them.

There are students from all walks of life and they all seem to get along well.

This is the million dollar question. If I was being completely honest, I would not say anything to deter my high school self from the path that I eventually chose. If I could still end up where I am in life, just with a college degree, I would tell my high school self that there are other means of paying for school. High school self, you don't have to listen to your family that never went anywhere when they say that life is all about job SECURITY. Don't let them scare you into a 9-5 that you hate. Fight to break that mold. You can go to whatever school you want, and you can change your mind if you need to, because you are so young. You can do anything, but don't ever stop trying to acheive your dreams. You are beautiful, strong, smart, and you are going places. I promise.

The best thing about my school is the teachers. This is the first time in my community college experience that all the teachers have really impressed me and made me WANT to learn. They are compassionate, hard-working, and skilled in their designated fields. My sociology teacher is so good at what she does that I decided, after the first class, to add sociology to my major. I never ever though that at twenty-five I would be sitting in class, palms sweating, thinking "THIS is what I want to do with my life". I've never been more excited.

The most frustrating thing about my school at this point in time is that I can't be there every day! I attended a community college fresh out of high school, and I was not ready to learn. I didn't want it or think I needed it. I was smart, and I had the world available to me at the time. I wanted to explore, get out of my small home town, get a taste of the realy world. Now that I've done that I know that school is, now, the right place for me to be.

Wake Technical Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.