Raleigh, NC
Wake Technical Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wake Technical Community College

Virginia

Given the opportunity to go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to slow down, take a deep breath, and realize that college is not about moving out of the parent's house, it is about investing in yourself. I know that the senior year of high school is a blur of excitement. Excitement about the prospect of "growing up" and moving out, of new found freedoms. Freshman year of college is a very different reality than the image that was idealized in my high school self's head. It is true that college brings more freedom, but that freedom brings with it responsiblity. There are choices that have to be made that will affect the rest of your life, and the reality of growing up is the realization that freedom is more than having fun, it is making decisions for yourself because you know you are the one that will have to live with their consequences. As you make the transition to college let go of the idealized fantasies, work hard and invest your time wisely and you'll find the true freedom that comes with the empowerment of education.

Do not even consider enrolling at Wake Technical Community College unless you are a serious student. This is not the place for partiers, slackers, or individuals who are not motivated to succeed. Students enjoy a much smaller class size at Wake Tech than the major universities in the area which provides a chance for individual communication with the professor as well as a strict 90% attendence policy. This attendence policy weeds out students who are unwilling to dedicate themselves to being in class on time, everytime. A Wake Tech student is a serious student, others should beware!

My school is a school for those who are serious about their education. The students primarily consist of working adults who are going back to school in order to invest their time, energy, and effort in themselves. Students here create a vast spectrum of cultures, backgrounds, and all walks of life, yet they all share the common bond of the realiziation that there is nothing more worthwhile to invest in than themselves. To make the decision to go to Wake Technical Community College is to make the decision to give 110% to investing in yourself through education.

Debra

A professional well thought out teaching environment for students who want to learn.

Wake Tech offers credit classes that can be tranferred to any other school for full credit.

I would say be serious and stay in school. The only way to get ahead is to get at least a 2 year associate degree. An education is most important right out of high school.

Erica

Transfer to 4 yr University

Transfer to 4 yr University

I wouls tell myself to stay at home, go to school full time, and forget about boys for four years. Focus on your college education and grow up along the way. A college education is more than wghat you learn within the walls of the classroom. Life has many lessions to teach you. Sit back and enjoy the ride. Remember your parents are always right when it comes to advice on your future.

Caitlin

I am taking one course on campus and one online. The campus is very student friendly, everything is laid out well and the campus police force is always a presence. The teachers are always willing to help...but you have to ask for help. This is not high school and no one is accountable for your progress but yourself.

Easy, But first I would like to go back to a high school freshman; I would choose on a likely career goal and cater my high school experience to make it happen. I would work harder in the tough subjects (math :) , actively seek out help and assistance and have a plan like I do here at Wake Tech. I took electives that I could have done without and instead took more core courses that would prepare me more for my college workload. thank you.

Someone who wants real-time learning that is relevent to today's job market. You have to work hard but with the help of the counselors you have a clear picture of where you are going and can gauge your progress with every good grade.

Adria

My classmates are a diverse array of people of different ages, ethnicities, and personalities, each with a unique background story of how they got to where they are today.

If I went back in time and spoke to myself as a wee little high school senior, I would have precious advice: listen to your heart. This valuable tidbit has a profound story to it, but I willl have to cut it short for this purpose. Among the other senior fun, I was offered a full ride for volleyball at a big time school. It sounds great, but there was a catch. My heart was not in the sport like it used to be. I decided to ignore these emotions and commit. To make a long story short, I was miserable. Volleyball dominated my life. I developed situational clinical depression and an eating disorder. These two illnesses destroyed my personality and worth. I eventually quit the team and the harmful situation. My scholarship was taken so I am back home, attending a community college and recovering. I am grateful for this transition, contrasting with the last. Although I wish I listened to my instincts, I learned how to handle important future decisions, like which university to attend next year. I also know the perfect slice of knowledge I would share if I could go back-listen to your heart.

The best thing about my school is that it is a cheap way to get a basic education. I am here only for a semester, but it is costing me way less than another NC university would, and way less than the out of state university I was at last semester. It is a great place for people who are not doing well financially to get some classes out of the way for less money while getting their foot in the door at a university. It is a great transition.

My school is very small but it also has that as its advantage; the teachers are able to focus on the indvidual student while the student can speak with the teacher more easily.

I would tell myself to fill out every scholarship application that I could. Paying for college isn't fun, but I would also tell myself to not rush into a big univeristy if I wasn't ready for it. If I needed to I could apply to a close by community college and start out small to get the feel of college, and when I was ready I could just tranfer to a bigger institution. If I could go back in time, that's what I would have done. Not to mention the amount of money that could be saved each year.

The teachers push their students to do their best, they don't want their money to go to waste.

Martha

Small enough that as a student has one on one attention, but big enough that it meets most needs of everyone attending.

Avoid bills, live at home and save as much money as possible. Don't think you have decided on a major finish the general education classes first then make your decision on what it is that you want to major in. DO NOT RUSH INTO ANYTHING, take your time and please try to focus the majority of your efforts in school. One last thing, don't be in a rush to grow up, there is plenty of time to for life. Enjoy life, and pick up some good habits to release stress!

Everyone that is loooking to transfer out to a 4 yr school or those that are looking for a change of career, and those that maybe returning back to school. Its a great school with many options available.

Keyaira

My community college is different from other schools because it is cheaper, it's within a reasonable distance from my house, the classes are great, and they have services to help struggling students, and most of all I can transfer my credits to any college in the state of North Carolina!

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have told myself three key things. First, I would've told myself to keep my grades up. Second, I would've said to apply to UNC or Wake Technical Community College instead of the other ones that I applied to. Lastly and most of all, I'd tell myself to stay in college and no matter how hard it get's, continue to stick with it.

Actually I kind of already knew what to expect, and I really don't think that there's anything that I could have told myself before attending.

Wendy

A community college that is conveinient to my home and highly respected in the community. The graduates there often do better at university when they transfer than those students that begin their education at the university. An associate's degree in the career path that I have chosen is offered there. Classes are small and as an adult learner I will be able to acclimate myself to returning to school easier.

There will be a variety of students at the facilities that I will be attending. All age groups will be attending classes as many people in the Raleigh area have had to changel careers due to unemployment.

Dear Young Me, You will be amazed at what life has in store for you. So many wonderful experiences are to come in your life. You say there is no one to help guide you, to tell you how to find financing for school. You are a smart girl. You need to ask someone before they can tell you the answers to your questions. Your guidance counselor, teachers, or family members can tell you how to get the loans, scholarships and grants. You can be independent from your parents and still get an education. You can have a boyfriend and still attend classes. If you could work and attend high school, you can do the same in college. It is so important get your education, so that you can accomplish all the goals and plans you have. Your life will be dramatically different if you take the time to get your education. A post secondary education will open up so many more possibilities in your young life. The most important thing to remember is YOU can achieve anything you set YOUR mind to do especially with the aid of an education. With love, older wiser me

Nadia

Since the school that I attend is a Community College it is very affordable. Also the school that I attend offers a wide variety of programs.

I would tell myself to find what you really enjoy doing and choose that as your major. I would also tell myself to apply for as many scholorships as you can. I would also mention the importance of maintaining a high GPA.

I brag about the amount of degrees and certificate programs that are available through the college that I attend.

Wake Technical Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.