Raleigh, NC
Wake Technical Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wake Technical Community College

Abbe

Wake Technical Community College is great for what it is, a community college. It has nice hallways, elevators, classrooms, helpful professors, and even a coffee shop. The education recieved from going there is worth while. Almost any University will accepted the classes taken at Wake Tech. As far as community colleges go, it is the best one I have been to.

Like most seventeen year old high school seniors, I was ready to graduate. I had such desire to want to do things on my own and be respected as an adult. I wasn't thinking about what my life would be like in the next year. If I could go back in time and give myself advice on transitioning into college, it would be to apply for as many colleges as I can. Most everyone around me was already telling me to do so, but I was not thinking enough about my future school and I should have done more research on colleges. I probably missed out on some great opportunities. In the end it ended up working out for me, starting out at a community college and saving money was a smart choice. I am transferring to a really great deisgn school in the fall, but if I had just done more research and believed in myself just a little more, I would probably have gotten into the design school or another great school sooner. I just didn't believe I could get in, I didn't care enough, and it wasn't my first priority at the time.

I am one of the very many individuals that drives to school every day. Parking at Wake Technical Community College is a nightmare. I have seen more bumper to bumper accidents in the parking lots at my school than ever before. Yes, there is a parking deck about five stories high that is mostly always half empty, but it is two miles away from the school. Nobody wants to park so far away and walk, when you can just follow someone to their car, wait for them to pull out, and then quickly take their spot before anyone else does.

Going to a community college does not make you a loser. It's going to be hurt when your best friends are tweeting about their acceptance letters and posting pictures with their roommates on move-in day. It'll be anticlimatic when you come home after your first day of class to the house you came home to every day after class in high school. But do not compare yourself to anyone else. Grow and learn and thrive in your circumstances. Don't waste your freshman year of college wishing you were somewhere else- even when you transfer, you will never get this freshman year back. Be in love with your life now.

Out of the seven classes I've taken at Wake Tech, not one has had more than 35 students in it. The small class sizes give you the opportunity for collaboration with fellow students and individual instruction from your professors. Besides being personal, Wake Tech is also extremely affordable. If you're not sure about what you want to do after high school, you can explore your options and interests here while being financially savvy.

Attending a community college wasn't something I planned on doing. Although it's been a good experience for me and has allowed me to work through some personal struggles, it's hard not getting the "full college experience." Really outgoing people might feel limited here, as school activities and clubs aren't very big and most students are here just to fulfill General Ed requirements or to go back to school.

Hettie

Gettting you prepared to go to a four year college.

Gettting you prepared to go to a four year college.

Believe in yourself. Set goals and stick to them. Don't let anyone tell you that you dreams will not come true. Know that if you wont it you must work hard for it. Nobody is going to give you a hand out.

Learning how to study all over again. Believing in yourself.

Thomas

What is unique about Wake Technical Community College compared to other schools I have considered, is saving money on tuition as well as saving money on commuting. The classes that I am currently talking are less expensive than a major university and the classes will transfer to the university that I will attend in the fututre. My commute to Wake Technical Community College is a short distance from where I currently reside.

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, this is the advice i would convey. High school differs from college in many ways. You are required to attend high school and get your diploma. The teachers want you to graduate. Most of the high school teachers will do every thing they can to help you pass. In college you are not required to attent. No one is forcing you to go. The college professors donot care if you attend their class. You have to take the initiative to want to learn and succede. In order to succede in college, you have to be able to balance your social life with your academic life. College courses are gererally more advanced which means you have to spend more time on assignments and studying for exams. So take my advice, if you put the proper amount of effort in your college studies you will succeed.

The most frustrating thing about my school is ithat it 's overcrowded. There is rarely any parking and the student - teacher ratio seems to be excessive. The classroom sizes are often small.

Charles

I would tell myself that work is more important than having fun. Take more of an initiative in my own life and not to rely on others for help or to carry me. The most important thing i would tell myself is not to procrastinate. As a senior i procrastinated to the point where i had to put school off a year. I relied on everyone else to get me information about school , work, and anything else that i was too lazy to do myself. I realized how much i was going to miss out on in life if I continued to act the way i was. So if I had realized this sooner i wouldn't have missed out on so many opportunites.

Virginia

Given the opportunity to go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to slow down, take a deep breath, and realize that college is not about moving out of the parent's house, it is about investing in yourself. I know that the senior year of high school is a blur of excitement. Excitement about the prospect of "growing up" and moving out, of new found freedoms. Freshman year of college is a very different reality than the image that was idealized in my high school self's head. It is true that college brings more freedom, but that freedom brings with it responsiblity. There are choices that have to be made that will affect the rest of your life, and the reality of growing up is the realization that freedom is more than having fun, it is making decisions for yourself because you know you are the one that will have to live with their consequences. As you make the transition to college let go of the idealized fantasies, work hard and invest your time wisely and you'll find the true freedom that comes with the empowerment of education.

Do not even consider enrolling at Wake Technical Community College unless you are a serious student. This is not the place for partiers, slackers, or individuals who are not motivated to succeed. Students enjoy a much smaller class size at Wake Tech than the major universities in the area which provides a chance for individual communication with the professor as well as a strict 90% attendence policy. This attendence policy weeds out students who are unwilling to dedicate themselves to being in class on time, everytime. A Wake Tech student is a serious student, others should beware!

My school is a school for those who are serious about their education. The students primarily consist of working adults who are going back to school in order to invest their time, energy, and effort in themselves. Students here create a vast spectrum of cultures, backgrounds, and all walks of life, yet they all share the common bond of the realiziation that there is nothing more worthwhile to invest in than themselves. To make the decision to go to Wake Technical Community College is to make the decision to give 110% to investing in yourself through education.

Debra

A professional well thought out teaching environment for students who want to learn.

Wake Tech offers credit classes that can be tranferred to any other school for full credit.

I would say be serious and stay in school. The only way to get ahead is to get at least a 2 year associate degree. An education is most important right out of high school.

Erica

Transfer to 4 yr University

Transfer to 4 yr University

I wouls tell myself to stay at home, go to school full time, and forget about boys for four years. Focus on your college education and grow up along the way. A college education is more than wghat you learn within the walls of the classroom. Life has many lessions to teach you. Sit back and enjoy the ride. Remember your parents are always right when it comes to advice on your future.

Caitlin

I am taking one course on campus and one online. The campus is very student friendly, everything is laid out well and the campus police force is always a presence. The teachers are always willing to help...but you have to ask for help. This is not high school and no one is accountable for your progress but yourself.

Easy, But first I would like to go back to a high school freshman; I would choose on a likely career goal and cater my high school experience to make it happen. I would work harder in the tough subjects (math :) , actively seek out help and assistance and have a plan like I do here at Wake Tech. I took electives that I could have done without and instead took more core courses that would prepare me more for my college workload. thank you.

Someone who wants real-time learning that is relevent to today's job market. You have to work hard but with the help of the counselors you have a clear picture of where you are going and can gauge your progress with every good grade.

Adria

My classmates are a diverse array of people of different ages, ethnicities, and personalities, each with a unique background story of how they got to where they are today.

If I went back in time and spoke to myself as a wee little high school senior, I would have precious advice: listen to your heart. This valuable tidbit has a profound story to it, but I willl have to cut it short for this purpose. Among the other senior fun, I was offered a full ride for volleyball at a big time school. It sounds great, but there was a catch. My heart was not in the sport like it used to be. I decided to ignore these emotions and commit. To make a long story short, I was miserable. Volleyball dominated my life. I developed situational clinical depression and an eating disorder. These two illnesses destroyed my personality and worth. I eventually quit the team and the harmful situation. My scholarship was taken so I am back home, attending a community college and recovering. I am grateful for this transition, contrasting with the last. Although I wish I listened to my instincts, I learned how to handle important future decisions, like which university to attend next year. I also know the perfect slice of knowledge I would share if I could go back-listen to your heart.

The best thing about my school is that it is a cheap way to get a basic education. I am here only for a semester, but it is costing me way less than another NC university would, and way less than the out of state university I was at last semester. It is a great place for people who are not doing well financially to get some classes out of the way for less money while getting their foot in the door at a university. It is a great transition.

Wake Technical Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.