Minneapolis, MN
Walden University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Walden University

Florence

A higher degree. A higher purpose.

A higher degree. A higher purpose.

The advice to myself as a senior would be that before I graduate, I am going to to research colleges that interest me. After I narrow the list down to at least 10, I will fill out applications for the colleges. I will also look at my family since none of my family members graduated from college. By seeing what types of situations my family members are in due to lack of college education, this will motivate me to attend college and graduate. Once I graduate from college, I can then have a career so that I can be stable in my life. My college friends would only be the ones that are serious about their studies, and their goals in their lives. How satisfied I am during and after college means what types of individuals I surround myself with in my life whether it is during college or my career. I would always remember first comes a steady job, and then comes marriage and children. Graduating from college would mean that I accomplished a huge goal in my life. In the future, my children will want to follow in my steps since they would see that I am happy.

An individual that has poor time management skills and one who can not deal with constant changes.

It has been refreshing to meet other students from different places, cultures, and backgrounds at Walden University.

The advice I would give my former self is, "Know how to fail". Life is full of ups and downs, you will fail a lot of things and you will also accomplish so many other things. But understanding how to fail will get you farther in life. It is no one's intention to fail at anything, but failing helps you grow that much stronger. Failing shows you how to succeed. It is important to learn that if you fail you grow from it. You know what to do differently the next time around. But if you know how to fail, you also learn how to succeed. You grow and learn from your experiences and failures. So use your failures as your motivation to succeed in anything you do. Once you know how to fail, then you will learn how to succeed.

The worst thing about Walden University is not being able to see the breakdown of what I am being billed for in tuition.

Marcella

The advice that I could give my 17 year old self would do me wonders. My 17 year old self didn’t want to go to college, didn't realize the importance of grades, and didn’t fully appreciate what a great education could do. In this scenario - present day me would inform my younger self that that even though at the moment I do not want to go to college, I would find something that I absolutely love to do. I would also enlighten myself about how self-discipline is learned behavior - the more you use it the easier it gets. I would tell myself that college was going to change my entire outlook on life. The knowledge I have gained is priceless, and that much sweeter when combined with the fact that I absolutely love the field in which I'm learning. I would tell myself the feeling of accomplishment and self-confidence that I have gained because I put in the effort, and did my best - rewarding myself with a 4.0 grade point average. Finally, I would tell myself that there was no reason to be afraid, I could do it, and I would be amazing.

I wish I would have known that the academic advisor that I was assigned to wouldn't be as accommodating and helpful as the person who helped me with the enrolling process.

Since my school is online I can't talk to staff, teachers, or students in person This can be frustrating in certain circumstances

Linda

First of all I would have started college right out of high school, as I took a year off, and ended up starting a family. I waited 20 years to reach my dreams of going to college, being the first in my family to even graduate from High School. I am the first now to attend a 4 year program. I would advise High School Seniors to really look at the aid that is out there, try to get scholarships or grants because I am now $60,000 in debt trying to get a degree at home so I can still raise my family and be the mother and wife I am supposed to be. If I would have started out of High School, school would have been much cheaper then back in 1990. Oh on the survey, I accidentally marked wrong boxes, I looked at the buttons wrong and I could not go back and fix them, some of the Extremeley dissatisfied should actually be extremely satisfied and I did not know how to let you know besides here! Next survey, please have a back button!

That they would raise the technology fee each quarter I attend, it started at $40 a quarter now it is up to $120. They provide no techonology to me, I provide my own internet, laptop etc. It cannot cost them that much for online students, because they are also receiving money for students attending on campus. I am not sure I have enough aid left to even finish my BS of Psychology and then what happens? I do not get to finish, all due to them raising their fees each quarter?

Since I attend their online school I cannot say who should be on campus. To do online courses, at any school, you have to be self motivated because basically you are teaching yourself. In the classes I have had so far, there has not been one lecture video or audio from any professor and I have been attending since 2010. The technology fee is raised quarterly it seems, and each course is $1400. that is a lot for an online program. So be a driven person if you want to attend online anyway! Good Luck

Texa

My school is best known for social volunteer work, online education, and diversity.

Dear Texa, Walking across the stage for your high school diploma is the best feeling in the world. You have accomplished something no other member of your family has. You may not know what to do from here, but I strongly encourage the following bits of advice: 1.Don’t get with Johnny or David – no matter how charming they are. 2.GO TO COLLEGE! You may not know what to study, but by taking the general electives, you will soon discovery your talent for psychology. This passion will soon lead you to discover that you really want to make a difference in the lives of abused women and children. You will also find that you have a talent and a passion for photography. 3.Get the psychological help you need to overcome your abusive past. This will make you a stronger person overall. 4.VOLUNTEER! Volunteering at children’s advocacy centers will not only help future scholarships, but will make you a well-rounded individual. 5.Never give up. No matter what stands in your way, you will find that you CAN do this! 6.ALWAYS put God first. Go to church and study His word. Love, Texa

The most frustrating thing about my school is that my financial aid will not get me to my graduation. I will need scholarships to complete my degree.

Ginger

It is a school that is best known for it's concentration on social change. Also it is an online university so it allows nontraditional students to achieve something that they might not otherwise have the opportunity to achieve.

Knowing what I know now, I would not have wasted my time in the biology field. I had taken an abnormal psychology class and absolutely loved it. I would have switched my major then and by this time in my life I would have been doing what I really want to do instead of having wasted the last 14 years of my life doing something else. The most important thing is to really know what you want to do and go after it. Don't let anyone tell you that it isn't something you should or can't do. Once you find out what you want to do, go for it.

The kind of person that should attend Walden is a non-traditional student that wants to make a change in the world.

Melissa

My classmates are very friendly and are very interactive in their daily assignments and activities. I love that they also find the time to get together online when someone needs help to assist just like a traditional brick and mortar facility.

I love the flexibility of online distance learning and that it allows me the chance to work and take care of my son with ease. Furthermore, it takes away the hassle of rushing to a traditional learning facility and cuts back on all the expenses of traveling back and forth to school.

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior i would start researching and applying for scholarships to pay for college before i graduated to ease the burden of student loans. In addition, this would help to minimize the burden of accrued interest that stems from loans so that i could graduate debt free. Furthermore, i would also save up money for college for miscellaneous items and buy a reliable car so that i wouldn't have to worry about car pooling which can be very challenging getting from point A to B.

Angela

I would tell myself to take things seriously; to buckle down and get ready for a roller coaster. Ever since I was a kid I wasn't the best at school, but I had passion, so I felt like that should make up for everything. It definitely helps to be enthusiastic, but I would tell myself that I need to be careful, that I should pay attention and focus. I need to have priorities. While it's good for me to have dreams, I need to know the way to accomplish those dreams, I need to have a paved path in front of me. "No matter what happens, no matter what people say to you or how bleak things look, don't give up." That's what I would say when I sit down in front of myself, then slide myself the little booklet from the university I got in the mail. I know my high school self would be enthralled by it, because even when I was little, I had those same dreams. While I've never given up on the dream, there's been times when I thought it was impossible. Now I know that's not true.

Florence

I would tell myself that I should apply for scholarships for colleges since I want a better life for myself. I would have to come up with a list of colleges that I would like to attend based upon my major and if the college is accredited or not. I would talk to all of the enrollment advisors at the different colleges that I chose about their financial aid, and about academic advising. I also would enroll in the college that fit me best right after college since I will be more educated in the healthcare field at an early age. After I finish my first degree, I would want to enroll in college for a second degree. I believe an individual cannot receive too much education. The more education an individual receives the more knowledgeable and successful the individual will be in life. I would also understand that I will receive no refunds since I want all the funds go towards my college education. I would give my all to keep between a 3.5-4.0 grade average. During my spare time, I would volunteer at different clinics and hospitals so I could gain experience and more knowledge.

I think a person always want immediate answers and higher expectations from this school should not enroll there. A person that is low income or just relying on financial aid should not enroll since there technology fees and program courses consistently goes up ever quarter/semester.

The most frustrating thing about Walden University is that they are late when it comes to what kind of financial aid package they are going to award you, do not have your own academic advisor or financial advisor help you along the way. The University sometimes acts like a business instead of a college that wants to support their students. Another frustrating thing is they only have scholarships for only 6 programs for undergraduates. If any undergraduate students do not fall under the 6 programs they will not be eligible for a scholarship.

Walden University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.