Minneapolis, MN
Walden University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Walden University

Joseph

If I could give my high school self-advice there are many things I could say. But one thing I would love to tell my high school self is to love yourself. I would have finished college the first time around. I would have realized that all the parties are the same. I could have taken classes that would have bettered my college experience rather than ones that my friends were in. But I believe that if you want to succeed in life you have to love yourself enough to constantly want improvement. So, high school Joseph, I want you to know that in order to love or care about anyone or anything else in life we must learn to love and care for ourselves, that is taking care of our bodies, being kind, smiling, getting an education, staying humble, and seeking a true purpose. High school kids don’t listen very well but if I had seen myself at 29 telling myself to love myself I think it would have had an effect. But I know that its never too late, and my mistakes have made me who I am today.

Christina

I just started this month. It is the perfect place for a student who would like to study online.

Not sure, I just started in November.

Willing and eager to learn.

They are intense and directed toward your degree plan.

Amy

Try harder that last year! Skip the parties and worry about working when you're older. Really apply yourself this senior year so that you're ready for college. You CAN do Algebra ll, you just need to get a tutor and try harder. Don't transfer out to easy math, you got this girl! And no one remembers you fainting in the pool your sophomore year on the swim team, let it go! You can talk to the coach, it's ok, he isn't holding that against you. You should have stayed on the team for the past 2 years so you could swim in college to help keep that butt size down just a little bit. But, since no one seems to tell you enough, I want to leave you with one last thing. You are strong, and you are smart and you are witty and you deserve everything you strive for. Keep your chin up, keep smiling, and remember, you have to love yourself before you can truely love another.

Being an extroverted person, I was very worried about the lack of actual face to face contact. While this is made less of an issue with the amount of discussion boards and professor interaction, it still isn't the same as one on one with the person IN person. The other concern is the occasional website snafu. Twice I've had time sensitive assignments due, submitted them but then for whatever reason, they didn't make it thru the system. Thankfully, the instructors are understanding and this hasn't affected my grades.

There is nothing quite like taking your finals exam at 2 am, in your pajamas, listening to your own music with your cat curled up on your lap.The only thing I have to worry about is doing the work. No worries about loud classmates, or parking on campus or being away from home more than my 40 hour work week. Walden makes online learning simple and easy. The instructors are very responsive and working through the website is intuitive and easy. Very happy with my decision to go there to get my Master's in Nursing Education.

Aristea

Walden is a wonderful school I like that it offers classes online and it gives me the ease of learning at my own pace. I like that the classes are intense which helps me learn more. People think online learning is easy. It's not. It takes discipline and patience and hard work to earn the grade.

They are intense but they help you learn. It's up to the student to make it or break it. The classes are focused based on your major and they are structured in an online format that is easy to explore and understand.

Charlene

I completed my degree online. The professors were very helpful, explicit in their expectations and I had a very good understanding of what was expected of me.

I completed my degree online. My classmates were very supportive. It was a safe environment to take risks and put yourself out there. We all participated in the forum discussions.

I would allow myself time to know what I really wanted to do with my life. I felt so rushed to have all the answers at 18. There is plenty of time to decide. I would encourage young students to not be in such a hurry to attend college. I would start saving for my college years before graduating high school. The debt incrued by student loan is a scary thing today. It doesn't even guarentee a job after graduating. So take advantage of saving money before getting married and having a family to pay off any debts including student loans.

Florence

A higher degree. A higher purpose.

A higher degree. A higher purpose.

The advice to myself as a senior would be that before I graduate, I am going to to research colleges that interest me. After I narrow the list down to at least 10, I will fill out applications for the colleges. I will also look at my family since none of my family members graduated from college. By seeing what types of situations my family members are in due to lack of college education, this will motivate me to attend college and graduate. Once I graduate from college, I can then have a career so that I can be stable in my life. My college friends would only be the ones that are serious about their studies, and their goals in their lives. How satisfied I am during and after college means what types of individuals I surround myself with in my life whether it is during college or my career. I would always remember first comes a steady job, and then comes marriage and children. Graduating from college would mean that I accomplished a huge goal in my life. In the future, my children will want to follow in my steps since they would see that I am happy.

An individual that has poor time management skills and one who can not deal with constant changes.

It has been refreshing to meet other students from different places, cultures, and backgrounds at Walden University.

The advice I would give my former self is, "Know how to fail". Life is full of ups and downs, you will fail a lot of things and you will also accomplish so many other things. But understanding how to fail will get you farther in life. It is no one's intention to fail at anything, but failing helps you grow that much stronger. Failing shows you how to succeed. It is important to learn that if you fail you grow from it. You know what to do differently the next time around. But if you know how to fail, you also learn how to succeed. You grow and learn from your experiences and failures. So use your failures as your motivation to succeed in anything you do. Once you know how to fail, then you will learn how to succeed.

The worst thing about Walden University is not being able to see the breakdown of what I am being billed for in tuition.

Marcella

The advice that I could give my 17 year old self would do me wonders. My 17 year old self didn’t want to go to college, didn't realize the importance of grades, and didn’t fully appreciate what a great education could do. In this scenario - present day me would inform my younger self that that even though at the moment I do not want to go to college, I would find something that I absolutely love to do. I would also enlighten myself about how self-discipline is learned behavior - the more you use it the easier it gets. I would tell myself that college was going to change my entire outlook on life. The knowledge I have gained is priceless, and that much sweeter when combined with the fact that I absolutely love the field in which I'm learning. I would tell myself the feeling of accomplishment and self-confidence that I have gained because I put in the effort, and did my best - rewarding myself with a 4.0 grade point average. Finally, I would tell myself that there was no reason to be afraid, I could do it, and I would be amazing.

I wish I would have known that the academic advisor that I was assigned to wouldn't be as accommodating and helpful as the person who helped me with the enrolling process.

Since my school is online I can't talk to staff, teachers, or students in person This can be frustrating in certain circumstances

Linda

First of all I would have started college right out of high school, as I took a year off, and ended up starting a family. I waited 20 years to reach my dreams of going to college, being the first in my family to even graduate from High School. I am the first now to attend a 4 year program. I would advise High School Seniors to really look at the aid that is out there, try to get scholarships or grants because I am now $60,000 in debt trying to get a degree at home so I can still raise my family and be the mother and wife I am supposed to be. If I would have started out of High School, school would have been much cheaper then back in 1990. Oh on the survey, I accidentally marked wrong boxes, I looked at the buttons wrong and I could not go back and fix them, some of the Extremeley dissatisfied should actually be extremely satisfied and I did not know how to let you know besides here! Next survey, please have a back button!

That they would raise the technology fee each quarter I attend, it started at $40 a quarter now it is up to $120. They provide no techonology to me, I provide my own internet, laptop etc. It cannot cost them that much for online students, because they are also receiving money for students attending on campus. I am not sure I have enough aid left to even finish my BS of Psychology and then what happens? I do not get to finish, all due to them raising their fees each quarter?

Since I attend their online school I cannot say who should be on campus. To do online courses, at any school, you have to be self motivated because basically you are teaching yourself. In the classes I have had so far, there has not been one lecture video or audio from any professor and I have been attending since 2010. The technology fee is raised quarterly it seems, and each course is $1400. that is a lot for an online program. So be a driven person if you want to attend online anyway! Good Luck

Walden University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.