Minneapolis, MN
Walden University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Walden University

Corrin

The most valuable things I have gotten from college so far are organization, education, and socialization. I believe organization is important because it teaches me to prioritize not only my school responsibilities but my life responsibilities. I am now better able to balance my funds, pay bills on time, and keep accurate records of all transactions and important documents. Education is important to me because it encourages my mind to grow, and that not only affects my future capabilities but my own self esteem. I believe one should never stop learning and I can honestly say education fuels my heart, mind, and soul! Socialization is also important to me because it opens my eyes to other people and their situations. You can say that I am somewhat sheltered, so through school I have met and interacted with many different people and I am extremely thankful for it.

Tami

Well, I'm just getting started this month so I'm not sure, but I do know the flexibility of being able to do my classed online will make a huge difference.

Anyone who needs the flexibility of online learning. Anyone who hasn't been in school for a while and needs assistance with the enrollment and application process. Anyone who needs financial aide assistance. The advisors at this school are awesome and willing to walk you step by step through all these processes.

Nothing about the school inparticular. Just being new to the online learning process is a little scary, and not having been in school for serveral years.

Piero

I have learned much about being independent, and I like that I have the ability to select my own classes. It is teaching me a lot about life's challenges, and I feel like I am being well prepared for anything life throws my way.

Daniella

College is a lot different than I first imagined it to be. I started off at a school with very limited careers and lived in the dorms there on campus. I loved my roommates and it was a lot of fun. I learned how to manage my time better and that the important thing in college is studying, NOT partying. I also learned that a college is a business; they want your money. Not all col uleges will be completely truthful to their applicants so it is important to have realistic ideas. I have now decided that I want to pursue a bachelor's degree at a university. I moved back home and am attending a community college until the fall when I will begin at the university. I was really stressed about all the change at first, and I miss my roommates, but I've realized that changing your mind, making mistakes, and figuring things out is normal and just part of the whole college process.

Deborah

I have learned about medical terminology, vitasl signs, pharmacy, limited scope radiology, injections. I have until july to finish . It has been valuable to attend because when I graduate, I can have a better career and make more money so I can take care of my animals, my son and possible have one more child. I would have many opportunites for careers because I learned more and it is not just one major but variety of exams I can take to work in many different places and types of places in medical. I am thinking more on pharmacy technician but am not sure yet. I will be able to remodel my home later by making it bigger because of my education. I got more knowledge in being a caregiver with these classes I an taking .

Anna

I have been at my school since January of 2009. I am glad that I chose Ivy Tech to attend because it has offered me a lot. I am only two more semesters away from finishing my paralegal degree. The teachers I've had are all lawyers and have a lot of information to share with you even outside of what their class is. I've learned to become a better speaker and writer. My new found communication skills have allowed me to step out my box and become friends with several people in different classes, joining in study groups to become a more effective student. I'm also getting help with finding a law firm to take my internship at that may lead to a future career and even if not I know my school will help me find a job upon graduation. I've loved my experiences at college thus far. It has been valuable for me to attend college because I know I am getting more than the knowledge I need to enter my profession of choice.

Having a college degree has opened the door to so many additional opportunities that would ont be there if I would not have decided to return to college. One of the greatest experiences has been being dedicated to my courses and graduating with a 4.0. This is something that traditionally I would have never thought that I would have accomplished, but I did. I also was able to work full-time, raise a family, work part-time, and live my life without being tied down to an actual classroom. I have also instilled the importance of a college education to my son and have been an excellent role model to him and my niece. It is never to late to return to college to get that education that is so critical. I am now returning to school to get my Master's degree and hopefully open the door to so many other possibilities. My education is something that can never be taken away from me.

Prior to starting classes at Walden University, I wish I would have known what the on-line environment was like. I had done a lot of independent courses in the past, but not on-line. It was easy to learn how the on-line university operated so it was not that big of a concern.

Walden University allowed me attend classes while still being able to work full-time. The coursework was laid out in a manner that was not overwhelming and still allowed me to meet my obligations at home. At the beginning of each course, the material, workload, and deadlines were presented to us along with requirements of each assignment. This was very beneficial to plan ahead and dedicate time to working on the final portfolio project. Being an on-line unversity, I was able to vacation while still completing my course requirements.

Terri

I'm here to offer you some words of advice after seeing where your future has taken you. Go to college! Don't quit! Don't let , what seems like a great job offer, change your direction for completing your four year degree. It will be so tempting. The truth is, jobs don't always last, but your education is something that no one can take away from you. It's easier to achieve your college goals right after high school when you are still mentally on the path of where you want to go, and what you want to be, and you don't have the financial responsibilities of taking care of a family. Keep the momentum of your education going right from high school into college! Even if your future goal at that moment is just finishing college, finish it! If you quit, you will find that you can't achieve much without, at least, a four year degree. It is very difficult to go back to college when you have a family to worry about. It's not impossible, but the opportunities that could have been there sooner are lost when you have to make up time.

If you are a person that wants to challenge yourself in order to be the best that you can be, to be able to offer to yourself and your family the best financial rewards that are available through achieving a degree, you should attend this school. Job satisfaction offers big rewards. To feel productive in your work and to feel safe and happy in the environment that you are able to choose for yourself and your family is the greatest, tangible reward that you can give yourself. The best way to achieve this is by attending this school.

If you are a person that won't make committments, that doesn't want to make the most out of your god-given talents, that doesn't want to work or apply yourself to get what you want in life, you shouldn't attend this school. If you are a person that is satisfied with the mediocrity in your life, if you are satisfied with your financial state, if you can't see yourself moving "beyond your back porch", or you don't want to contribute to society in a positve way then you shouldn't attend this school.

Ebony

My classmates are supportive, encouraging, and they actually care about others.

My classmates are supportive, encouraging, and they actually care about others.

The advice I would give myself is to learn how to study the right way. Go to the library and find some books on studying because you will surely need them to prepare you for the extensive reading, quizzes, tests, and other assignments. You also need to learn how to balance your time with your studies, work, friends. Make sure that you give the most time to your studies, they should come first. Please try not to over do it by having so much going on that you don?t have the required time to study. Yes, you are away living on your own but you still need to have your own rules, like coming in at a certain time you don?t need to be out all night just because your friends are doing it or there is a party going on. You need to have a good support team friends, family, old teachers, whoever. The last piece of advice is to keep your eyes on the prize which is your future. Oh, apply for scholarships and grants to help cut the cost of school and loans if you still have to get them.

The best thing about my school is that it has more than 43 universities in 20 countries and over 500,000 students. It also has a multiyear undergrad, master's and graduate programs in a number of fields. I love that I can network with people around the world from my home computer. It can allow me to become a better person in business and just for myself getting to know people in different countries with different backgrounds. I love being part of Laureate International University, which Walden University is part of.

Qwendolyn

I would tell myself to make a 8 year education plan and make sure I stick to it. Do not be destracted by people around or compete with what thier plans are for thier life. Do ask for to much advice about my plans becuase everybody does not have the vision as myself. Be aware of so called friends whom are trying to steer you in the right direction, when no doubt they are just trying to get you off course for thier own benefit. Be confident in who you are and where your going, and know your vision for will get you where you want to go as long as you keep looking forward.

Someone who is not motivation on thier own to successfully complete there education.

Walden University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.