College Place, WA
Walla Walla University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Walla Walla University

Kamry

I have only been attending Walla Walla University for almost a month and already I see myself branching out. I used to be very shy and timid. Rarely would I take the initiative to get involved in projects involving the community and school. The encouragement of my teachers has really boosted my self confidence and I'm starting to be less afraid to step out of my confort zone and experience my beginning of adulthood. I have signed up for a trip overseas with the university and gotten involved in the community here through programs that the school provides for new students. I am able to be myself and not feel judge. At the same time, I am learning about who I am thanks to my teachers, who push me so I can reach my full potential. I am growing out of being the shy and timid little girl from high school and becoming an independent, confident young lady. That's why my college experience is so valuable to me, and it will continue to be in the next three years.

The worst thing about my school are some of the requirements. Because it is a private christian school, you are required to gain a certain amount of worship credits. During the week you have to make time to attend three worship services a week while still attending the required chapel service as well. It can become a pain, especially when the homework starts to pile up. The services can go really late sometimes. Other than that though, this truly is a great school.

If you are good at time management, enjoy being in a community setting, and seek spiritual growth then this is the school for you. You don't have to be a social butterfly to make friends at Walla Walla University. The students and staff are all very welcoming and enjoy meeting new people. The school offers a variety of extra curricular programs to keep the students occupied. They even offer students the opportunity to go on trips overseas for academic credit. So if you aren't sure what you want to major in, there are resources that can help you.

Macie

Offering a reliable Christian based education that prepares their students for their future careers. They teach students how to be professional as well as how to be extremely thorough in every aspect of their careers. They are also known for their exceptional community involvement, the school itself as well as the students who attend are avid volunteers around the local community as well as around the world as student missionaries.

If I was able to go back in time and give myself advice as a high school senior I wouldn't have too much to tell myself, but there are definitley a few pieces of advice that would have benefitted my early college education. One piece of advice would be to not allow myself to get too stressed out, I just need to realize that I'm only human and although humans can handle a lot of stress, we ultimately limit ourselves when put under too much stress. I would have told myself that some stress is great, that's what motivates us as humans to strive. A second piece of advice I would have given myself would be to have a more open mind about school and about which school to attend. Don't get me wrong I am so happy I attended a community college my first year, but I would have told myself to look into possibly a better community college than the one that I had attended. That first college was a big help, but the advisors lacked the knowlegde needed to get me on the fast track through my degree.

I must say the best thing aobut my school is that all of the teachers are so knowledgeable at their subjects and they are able to teach all the students so much information within a term. This school is amazing at getting the students and faculty involved in the community to make Walla Walla County a better place to live. To me this is amazing because the school gives time to allow ourselves to become involved in the community as well as connect with God. This school has allowed me to grow psychologically and emotionally like never before!

Kevin

Walla Walla University has a warm feel when you are on campus. The professors expect a lot out of their students, but are very approachable and work one on one with the students all the time. There is an exceptional amount of team work in the classes. No one ever studies alone. Considering it is a Christian university, it is very liberal. It fits me like a glove. I know when I leave here I will be given the proper tools to be very successful in my career and personal life.

I would say, "study hard", most importantly though, "know your professors, and make the right friends." (If I could have understood how my professors worked, I would have been much more successful my freshman year.) "It's not about studying for the material. It's about studying for what the professor expects. The friends you make in the classes are equally important. If you simply get to know people who excel in the subjects of your classes, then you will be in a much better position to succeed. It's not as much about what you know, it's who you know. If you know the professors, you'll know how to study. If you know the 'smart students' you'll be surrounded with excellence." The next thing I would say is, "Don't get so focused on school, that you don't relax. It is very important to schedule relaxation time to: 1 vedge (computer/movie/TV) 2 work out/stay in shape, and 3 socialize with people. If you take time to relax and loosen up, you will be able to perform better when it really counts." I would also stress being confident in my abilities.

This school would be great for anyone, but it is expecially for those who like to socialize through work. This school is all about the people who attend it. Through school work, students bond. There is not as much socializing out of class work. So those who are friendly and out going while serious in persuing their education. Many of my friends did not make it here because they did not focus on school. It is hard, but very rewarding if you chose to have fun through class work.

Patrick

A friendly work orientated school that wants everyone to achieve their best.

A friendly work orientated school that wants everyone to achieve their best.

I was privileged to be Home Educated in England my whole school life and subsequently had established good study habits by the time I came to Walla Walla University (WWU). I am a shy person but interact well with my family and small groups of people. However, at University, I found myself wishing I had listened to my Mother?s advice on how to make and keep friends. If I could go back in time to my Senior year, I would say, ?Patrick, while scholastic achievement is important and certainly a worthwhile goal; in order to have a well rounded leaning experience you also need to include social interactions with other people. Close your books occasionally and seize opportune moments that come your way. You need to focus on learning how to balance academic accomplishments with social relationship skills which will help you all through your life.? My transition to University life would have been much easier if I had learned good social skills, listened to my Mother and not been so shy or lazy. I am now busy learning how to enjoy social situations as much as academic studies!

That higher math classes are a must for engineering students.

Brenna

Right now, this university is best known for it's engineering program. It's one of the best in that field; this place is crawling with engineering majors. Their music program is also the top of the top, which is why there are so many music majors here, including myself. Walla Walla University also has a very active sports program, and we compete with all kinds of other universities an colleges all across the Northwest.

As a sophomore at this wonderful university, I would tell myself that no matter how much you tell yourself otherwise, you will indeed change more in these next four years of your life than you will ever know. Your maturity, your overall knowledge of the world, and your overall thought process will change. Instead of dreading that change, embrace it. It's a time in your life that will be a defining mark on who you will become and be known for in the next years of your life. Take advantage of that change, and don't let it scare you. Let it take you to new heights in your academic career, your social life, and your view of this wonderful diverse planet we call Earth. As a music major, I would also advise not to be impatient with myself or my professors, to listen carefully, and above all, to accept critisism willingly and readily. If you don't allow others to critique your work, you will hamper your ability to perform better academically and musically, thus stunting your overall growth. Instead of acting egotistic, stop and tell yourself that you are sitting at the feet of a master. Listen!

The worst thing about my awesome school is just the cafeteria. Walla Walla University is a Seventh-day Adventist Christian higher education institution, and the company that serves our food doesn't know how Adventists cook. It's an OK situation, but I wish the cafeteria staff really knew how Adventists like their vegetarian food served. Other than that little detail, this campus rocks my socks!! I absolutely love the warm, friendly, and welcoming atmosphere this university radiates to its students. This was definitely my first choice for college, and I'm very glad I chose to come here.

Brad

A mass of individuals who can't decide which they would rather be.

A mass of individuals who can't decide which they would rather be.

First of all, cut your hair. Don't be in such a rush, take the time to find out who you really are. Take a year to make a difference in the world and then come back to the books.

Patrick

I was privileged to be Home Educated in England my whole school life and subsequently had established good study habits by the time I came to Walla Walla University (WWU). I am a shy person but interact well with my family and small groups of people. However, at WWU, I found myself wishing I had listened to my Mother?s advice on how to make and keep friends. If I could go back in time to my Senior year, I would say, ?Patrick, while scholastic achievement is important and certainly a worthwhile goal; in order to have a well rounded leaning experience you also need to include social interactions with other people. Close your books occasionally and seize opportune moments that come your way. You need to focus on learning how to balance academic accomplishments with social relationship skills which will help you all through your life.? My transition to University life would have been much easier if I had learned good social skills, listened to my Mother and not been so shy or lazy. I am now busy learning how to enjoy social situations as much as academic studies!

I think the kind of person who would like attending my school should like to study but still have time for a social life, enjoy a small campus in a relative rural area, be friendly and interested in obtaining a good education and it would be helpful if they were of the same religion as most of the students attending this University.

Edith

I must remember to take not in class. Focus on what the teacher is talking about. Do not bring a laptop in class and start chatting friends on facebook.

I wish I were an adventist before I came to this school because it was hard for me at first to eat vegebles everyday and go to church on Sabbath. I feel better now.

Anyone who thinks that he or she will be able to succeed in this school. It is a nice school. The majority of students are white and adventits. Over all the school is open for anyone who needs a good edacation.

Natalie

My classmates are friendly people with intuitive minds and a Christ centered life.

I would tell myself to take advantage of every possible moment and experience that could enrich my life for the best. Not that I have regrets now, but lifes path has many intersections and sometimes I need to get off the path that I have been so comfortable with and try a new one. It could be better or worse but I won't know until I try.

There are so many changes that happen in your life when first entering the college atmosphere that it can be easy to get frustrated at many things. From having a bad hair day to a difficult teacher for a class that is beyond your understanding. However, I have found for myself that when I have to deal with difficult times maintaining a good attitude keeps me from frustration. It is a difficult task but not impossible. I believe my school enforces this belief so frustration on this campus has not been a problem for me.

desiree

Stay motivated. Keep your grades up, and if you like sports, then join a team. The scholarships for having both a high GPA and a sports background are much much higher than those for just academically based or sports based scholarships.

Anyone who is attending college simply because their parents want them to.

The meal plan. Last year we were able to eat whenever we wanted (when the cafeteria) was open. This year, however, we have to eat at least 6 meals a week in the cafe and we have to pay $100 more than last year for a meal plan that the majority of the students cannot stand.

Walla Walla University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.