North Canton, OH
Walsh University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Walsh University

Melanie

My classmates are friendly and open to new experiences and information.

My classmates are friendly and open to new experiences and information.

In the past three years I feel that I have blossomed not only academically but artistically as well. I have been able to explore my interests in the field of psychology as well as to take courses in a range of areas. The majority of my professors have shown a great interest not only in their topic of study but in the students as well. I have become more confident in myself and my ability to perform in front of others and to handle difficult situations. Juggling school, work, sports, interpersonal relationships and extra-curricular activities has helped me to learn time management and to prioritize that which is most important to me. Walsh University also focuses on the importance of belief and helping others which I feel I will keep with me for the rest of my life. I have enjoyed my time at the University and hope to use my connections here to find a successful career once I graduate.

The arts are not appreciated on campus as much as they ought to be. I am involved in the Chorale and the Theater program but many students do not know that either of these exist on campus. The arts are growing here but it has taken a very long time to gain some focus.

Patrick

A small, yet growing school that allows students to enjoy their time i school, while also preparing them for life after college.

Throughout my college experience, I have gained a knowledge that I never thought I could attain. Being a biochemistry/ Pre-Medicine major, while also balancing football has taught me how to manage my time while also allowing me to become a well-rounded student. Another great thing I have attained from my college experience is great friends that I will keep for the rest of my life. Meeting so many people in college has allowed me to get to know friends that share common interests as I do. In my opinion, friendships are one of the greatest blessings in life, and I have been lucky enough to form great ones. Finally, my college experience has taught me that there is always more to learn. I have slowly transitioned to a student who enjoys the learning process and one that will continue learning far beyond four years of my undergraduate degree. I understand that these years will be the best of my life, and my time at Walsh University has been nothing short of spectacular.

I tell my friends that if you come to Walsh University, you will get a great education and will find a job right out of school. The classes are small enough to be able to learn and the faculty really cares about each student's education. Walsh University does a great job of graduating their students in four years and finding you a job once you graduate.

Robert

With the help of some college health courses I have taken, I have managed to fovercome my childhood obesity problem. I have had a weight problem for as far back as second grade of elementarry school. At my peak, I was 280 lbs with a BMI of 39. I am currently 150 lbs, and I have been mainting that weight for two years now. I would not have been able to accomplish this feat without the knowledge that I learned in my health course.

Christina

This school is small and even though it is in the middle of nowhere, there is still places to go around it. There is about every food place around here, a mall, and right across the street is giant eagle, an ice cream place, and fast food places. During the week, this school plans activities for everyone to be involved in which is fantastic when looking for something to do. Also, this school has two gyms to work out in and a variety of clubs that plan all the activites to do on campus.

At summer orientation, I was able to meet my roommate who I have roomed with this year and will be rooming with next year. I have made a lot of friends and have been involved in a few clubs and activities. At the beginning of the year, I took my first education class and was able to observe in different classroom settings to make sure of what kind of teacher I really wanted to be. As a result of that class, I am positively sure that I want to be an Early Childhood Special Education major. The classes at this school are small and it is very easy to talk to my teachers if I need any help. The education program is great and I would not want to switch schools at all because I know that I am recieving a fantastic education while attending here. I live about an hour away from home which is a perfect amount of time so that I can go home if I feel the need to. Although, I reallly enjoy being here and I call Walsh University my "second home."

I think that the worst thing about my school is the housing situation. For my freshman year, I ended up in a triple when I asked for a double. The rooms are small enough and when there are three people in a room we have to share a 2 closet room, a 2 ethernet plug, and not everyone gets along. Also, preparation for housing for next year was very disorganized and could have been planned out better. Another thing, is on the weekends there is nothing to do on campus which makes it pretty boring.

Caitlin

I have gained a lot of knowledge here at Walsh University. I have also gained many friends that I will carry through out the rest of my life. I think it is so valuable to attend a place of higher learning after high school. Kids may not think that it makes a big difference if you go out into the "real world" with a high school diploma or a college degree, but it really does make a world of difference. I think that if it is possible for someone to attain a college degree it is in their best interest and will be very valuable.

I wish that I would have known more about college and how different it is than from high school.

I think the worst thing about Walsh is that it is like a high school. It is very clique-ish and some of the students are very rude.

tina

This is a great school if one wants to better themself and who wants great learning.

There are a few different things I gotten out of my college experience. The first would be learning time mangement. I 've learned time mangement because my class and work schedule. I made sure that I had enough time for both. Secondly, I've became an adult. When entering college I was still immature and dependent of my parents. College helped me grow up and become an adult that takes care of myself. Lastly, I learned new things about a variety of different subjects. I feel that learning these new things will assist me, in my life after college. I think that it has been valuable to attend is because my mental and spiritual is continuously increasing.

I think a the kind of person that should attend this school is someone that is very serious about their education and is not looking for a "party" school.

There is a lot of diversity here at Walsh. Also, everyone is very friendly and helpful. Walsh has an awsome tutoring center for educational help!

I have gained many things from my college experience. Some of which I will take with me for the rest of my life. I have gained a whole new outlook on diversity and a multicultural education. Also, I have learned many traits in which will help me in the real world and when applying for professional jobs. Walsh has given me many oppertunities and learning experiences which have helped me grow, and become a better person. I have learned to appriciate everything in life through and education which teaches me career oriented objectives and religous as well. I value the education that I am earning, because it only makes me a better person.

A person who wants to grow and lean from other's should attend Walsh. Also, people who want to embrace diversity.

Molly

My classmates, who are fairly diverse and come from different states and countries, are my friends with whom I am able study and gain different perspectives on the topics being covered.

Senior year of high school can get very stressful and overwhelming as students are pressured to make decisions that can affect the rest of their lives. They must decide if college is for them, and if so, they must make the difficult decision of what college to go to, and most importantly, what they would like to make their career for the rest of their lives. Many seniors in high school feel as if they must decide what major they want to get themselves into. Many students try to force themselves into particular majors because they feel as if they must choose something. However, students should realize that it is ok to not be entirely sure as a senior. It is ok to be undecided for a semester or two instead of getting into something that is not fitting for someone. Taking core classes and exploring different possible majors as a college freshman can be a great way for a people to decide what is right for them. Choosing a college major can be life changing, as it makes way for a lifelong career. This decision should not be forced; rather, it should be determined when it feels right.

As an Education major, I realize the importance of individual attention in the classroom. At Walsh, I know that I am not just another number for the University's statistics. It is easy to see that both my advisor and my professors all love what they do and they show great concern for the success of each student. Classes are small and comfortable so I never feel afraid to speak up or volunteer in class. By the end of each semester I have an entire new circle of friends from each class and another professor that I can confide in.

Sara

I would tell myself not to stress out so much about the high school drama because all of the people change when you go away to college. I would have tried to make myself more independent from my high school friends because we all went our separate ways when we came to college. It would have been easier to start new if I did not have the pull from my friends back home. I would not have taken AP government or AP Calculus my senior year but instead taken AP english and found internships in schools to work towards my future goal of being a teacher.

I would say there is a tie for the best things. The classes are more challenging than my high school classes but in a good way. I would also say that I have made some of the best friends here. I feel that I have made friends in my short time here that I will have for the rest of my life.

The type of person to come to Walsh is outgoing and friendly. Since Walsh is a such a small campus, it is important to get to know people. You don't want to be a stand-offish person here.

Kiesa

In high school as a senior I didn't take the easy way out, I decided to take some advanced classes as a senior and if I could go back i'd tell myself to take even more advanced classes as well. Taking them has helped me in my first two semesters because i understand what the teachers are "reviewing". So, in the long run the advanced classes in high school helped me with my memorization skills because in college thats mostly all it is. Also, I would tell myself to learn good studying techniques because in high school I never really had to study and now in college I study at least four times as much and at first it was hard for me to teach myself how to study. Going back I would tell myself to choose wisely and give many schools oportunities and to choose for myself not my family, friends, boyfriends, etc. High school is a big transition and it determines the rest of your live and thats a huge impact.

The worse thing i consider about my school is that some of the classes are too small. I believe making the class sizes a bit bigger gives students the opportunites to get along with more people. Interacting with other students also gives more understanding of topics because everyone has a different view and a different opion.

Walsh University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.