North Canton, OH
Walsh University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Walsh University

The students at Walsh University make you feel like you're in one big family. Everyone here gets along and helps each other through everything. If you need help and you don't want to go to the staff there are alwasy students out there that want to listen and help you. I was affraid of making new friends because I tend to be shy but it was not a problem at all here. Not only are the students nice but they are also very studious. You can always find a study group on campus for help in classes.

As a high school senior I wish I would have tried harder to put myself out there and grab what I want in life more often. I would tell myself that many of the things that my parents wanted me to achieve in high school was all for a reason and I shouldnt just blow any of it off. I now know that in your senior year of high school everyone is truely trying as hard as they can to get you ready for the transition to college. All of the papers and tests that you are required to do and take are not just there to be a hastle but to give you a small look into lies ahead for you in college. I would have told myseft to fill out more schalarship applications while I have the time, and to study for the tests while they are still easy to pass, because I realize now that if i would have put a small fraction of the effort that I put into college into high school I would have achieved so many more of my goals.

I think many students want to go to school where you feel like you are part if a community. At Walsh I know that I'm not just a number. I know that the professors and staff here care about how their students are doing and they ant eveyone to acheive their goals. If you need help with anything, no matter how dumb you may think the problem is, there is always someone here willing to help you if you ask. Walsh University puts you on the road to success.

Janelle

Walsh University is best known for there small campus with teachers whom are very helpful when it comes to job placement after graduation, as well as internships.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would inform myself that it is important to make friends and become involved but to be smart about who you associate yourself with. Education is the most important thing and that your school work always comes first. I would tell myself that it is good to stay on campus and become more dependent, but keep in touch with your family and high school friends. Most of all have fun, enjoy yourself and don't let stress and fear run your life. Keep Positive!

The most frustrating thing about my school is that I am not very involved because I am trying to focus hard on being in school full time, while also working to earn extra money to help pay for loans.

My first semester of my freshman year I did not study as hard as I should. I was put on academic probation because of my grades. I would tell myself to make sure I would tell myself to study hard my first semester. I graduated high school by barely opening up a book, so I thought the same thing would happen in college. This is also my second time going back to school so I would also tell myself to stay with it and to never give up. I regret not finishing the first time around and graduating with my friends. I would make sure reminded myself to not run when things got hard in school and that the final prize would be graduating. I would show the jobs that I had to work because I didn't have a degree and how hard it was for me to go back after I took time off.

they offer accelerated course and you will still graduated with the same degree as a 4 year student

someobdy who doesn't want to attend a large university. somebody who will learn from smaller classrooms.

Abby

Walsh University is best known for its small class sizes and helpful professors. It is well known for it's successful graduate students who typically get into the career of their choice shortly after graduation. Walsh University strongly encourages service learning and volunteering for the community. Walsh is a Catholic university who encourages the enrollment of people from all religions and wants people to be well-rounded individuals.

The transition from high school to college life can be a drastic change for many. If I had the opportunity to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would advise myself to be more courageous, equipped, and adaptive. Courage can come in many different forms and is essential in the college experience. I would tell myself to be more courageous in meeting people and not missing out on the wonderful activities the campus puts on for freshman. Many other individuals are homesick and experiencing similar difficulties, just waiting for someone to make the move for a life-long friendship. I would instruct myself to be ready and equipped with the materials necessary for success. These include not only material items, but strength, knowledge, and preparation. I would also inform myself on the importance of being adaptive. College surrounds students with new opportunities and ways of life that people must be ready to take on. By adapting to everything from new freedoms to new study habits, the college experience can be much less shocking and much more inviting. The keys to a successful transition are a positive attitude and open arms.

Anybody looking for a small, friendly atmosphere should attend this school. Students looking to major in areas such as Pre-Med/PT/Vet, business, and nursing would have great opportunities here. Walsh is best for students willing to put forth work and complete a liberal arts degree. Walsh puts on many activities for students, but can also be a slightly empty campus on weekends.

Heather

I would tell myself just to have fun with the college experiences. I focused too much on the academics and forgot about how much fun there is outside of the academic world. Get invovled in everything you can and make as many new friends as you can because you only have a short time and you need to make the most of it.

I would have liked to know how long exactly it takes to complete a degree because the timeline that they give you is for a person who is strictly a student and does not intend on trying to work and go to school at the same time.

I believe the most frustrating thing is trying to get answer in the financial aid office and with the advisors. It seems as if no one is really sure on what to tell you so they just tell you what they think you want to hear.

Michelle

Every college student I talked to before I went to college says, "You need to study a lot." I just blew off that answer because I felt like they were trying to scare me, and I had good grades in high school. I wish I would have listened to them. Freshman year was really tough with me trying to balance my academic life, basketball, and my social life. My grades freshman year do not show who I really am. Sophomore year is much better because I chose my grades over my love for basketball. I still run track, but it is less time consuming than basketball. Since I did not listen to the advice the college students gave me before I went to college, I am now working on getting my grade point average up, so I can get accepted into graduate school. College is tough, but it is all about time management. Instead of relaxing all weekend, I relax one night and study the other two nights. If I would have studied more my freshman year, sophomore year would not have been as stressful, but I finally have college life under control.

The worst thing about my school is that with finincial aid they mostly look at parents income. I come from a middle class family, and I do not get work study or many scholarships here because of my parents income. Also, it does not help that I am from out of state. Finincial aid does not understand is that my parents do not pay for everything. Also, I am a pre-physical therapy student, so after this year I have 5 years left. I am having trouble paying for this great science school and do not want to transfer.

Walsh University is known for being a person, not just a number. There is small classes, so I believe that it helps the professors interact with the students more. In each classroom, it is more like a family because the professors care. It is also known for its science majors. If one wants to be in a science major, freshman year is really tough because Walsh University wants to see who really wants to work hard for it. Therefore, if one likes small classes and is a hard worker. Walsh University is the place for them.

Theresa

Walsh University is a small, Catholic college and is very career driven.

Walsh University is a small, Catholic college and is very career driven.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice, I believe I would be at a different university than I attend now. As a high school senior I was very disinterested in applying for colleges. I applied to about 5 different schools around my house. The only thing I knew was that I wanted to play soccer at the school I attended. I currently attend Walsh University and am a psychology pre-physical therapy major. My school does not have a program that is directly geared toward physical therapy. I wish I would have looked at schools in different states that have good, well developed physical therapy programs. I would tell any high school senior that is applying to college to take the process very seriously. The decision will decide where you will live, study, and grow during the next four or more years of your life. It is also very important to visit and tour the colleges you are interested in. You definitely want to be happy and confident with this decision.

I brag that my school is tiny which means I geta lot of one on one time with teachers.

My classmates are a part of the reason I am who I am. Even though I have only know them for a year and a half, they are my family. They are the people who have helped me grow and mature over the past year and a half. My classmates are wonderful, trustworthy people who I would not trade for anything in the world. Everyone is constantly respectful, happy and uplifting. I love my classmates.

Knowing what I know now about the college life and making the transition, the advice I would give myself is to make the decision that is right for me. I would tell myself that where I go to college is all about me and no one else. When I was making my college decision, my sister was sick in the hospital. I was scared and did not want to go too far away from home for her; I was afraid I would not be able to handle the transition, and I was afraid that if she needed me, I would not be here. I did not choose the college that I had dreamed of going to. I now know that Walsh University is the perfect school for me, and I love it, but at the same time, I sometimes wonder how my life would be different if I made that decision for myself. Looking back, I would have told myself to make my college decision for myself, not to worry about anyone else, because it is my life, no one else's. College is about doing what YOU need to do to get to that next division of your life.

I would say the best thing about my school is all of the clubs, organizations, and activites we have. We have numerous clubs, as well as sports and intramurals. Also, our University Programming Board, which I am a part of, is constantly hosting events for the students to get everyone engaged and meeting new people. I think it is amazing how even though it is a small school, you can go to different events on campus and meet people that you have never seen before! Therefore my favorite part of my school is everything that our campus has offer.

Tiffany

To my knowledge, my school is very high on the academic scale. The downfall is what I have to pay for it!

This is a simple question since I thought it was smart to wait seven years to go to college. I would say to myself "stop procrastinating and get things done because life will only get harder. I know you think that working and making money seems like a great idea now, but what you do not seem to understand is that you will never be able to succeed in life without a college education. The jobs you will try to pursue in will only become a dissapointment because you will be unhappy and will never be able to pay your bills with. Trust me when I say that going to college will not be easy, but the path of life you are choosing will be much more difficult. Since I know that you have a strong desire to help others in need even when you yourself are in need, pay attention in your sciences, for that will help you tremendously when you figure out that nursing will become your calling. You are a smart girl, but doubt will only slow you down. Giving up isn't in your vocabulary, so give it your all and you will succeed!"

Because I also work, trying to find classes that are suited for a working individual is difficult. It takes me 30 minutes to drive to school and finding classes that coincide with eachother is almost non-existent.

Lacey

If I had the ability to go back in time to my senior year I would tell myself to push harder for what you believe in. Sometimes in high school students feel they have to mold into someone else to fit in. I did not mold into someone else while in high school, but I never truly allowed myself to be who I am. I was scared of speaking out in class about things I did not believe in, asking questions, and answering questions for fear they would be wrong. When I started at Walsh University I believe I was able to set my fears aside and jump in. I began asking questions, answering questions, and sticking up for how I felt about certain issues. I did not worry about what others thought of me and I was comfortable in my own skin. I felt and knew I was beautiful because I was being myself. I had faced my fears and the challenges of starting college. This has allowed me to grow and not only become a better student, but a better person.

A person who is driven, determined to do well, and knows that in order to succeed studying is very important.

How amazing Walsh University's Nursing Program is and how helpful the nursing staff is.

Walsh University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.