North Canton, OH
Walsh University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Walsh University

Brigid

Now that I'm into my third year of college there are many things that I wish I could advice my seventeen year old self about. I would remind myself that college's main purpose is to learn, and secure a future career, but you should definitely allow for some fun along the way. I'd make sure I knew that I was going to make mistakes along the way, but that's alright as long as I learn from them and correct them in the future. One of the most important things I would want to advise about is to stay true to yourself. In college you meet people from all walks of life; Respect them, learn from them, but don't compromise yourself for anyone but you. Once I had given all of this advice I think my final, and main advice would be, "Stay confident. You've spent the last four years preparing for this, and you can do it. You have a good head on your shoulders, so dive right in. And finally, in the words of the great Bambino, 'Follow your heart kid, you can never go wrong.' "

One of the worst things about Walsh is probably the tuition. Walsh is a great school that many people want to attend, but can't due to a lack of funds. I would say that the cost is worth it, because the educational and social experience here is great, but there are many people who deserve a school like Walsh that just can't afford it.

Walsh is a great school to attend for students who have a great desire to be successful. Walsh prepares it's students for the "real world" in a way that I'm not sure other schools do. Walsh is also a great school for learning. Learning experiences and opportunities happen every day. People looking to make great friends and a lifetime of memories would definitely be satisfied with Walsh. Because Walsh is smaller in size it's a great school for people who want to be involved and make friends. Walsh is a great school for fun loving, studious pupils.

Katie

Classmates are very nice and willing to help.

Classmates are very nice and willing to help.

I would tell myself to live with someone you like. Do not go into the dorm experince with a random roommate.

The worst thing is the food. It really needs improvement

Everyone at my college is helpful and kind.

Everyone at my college is helpful and kind.

I think the best way to pick a college is to tour it and talk to current students there. That will give you a great idea of the school. The best way to make the most of the college experience is to not be afraid to try new things and meet new people.

The only negative I can think to say about my school is that sometimes on weekends students will go home and it will be somewhat dead on campus. There is almost nothing negative I can think of for my school.

Kristi

My classmates are fun, outgoing, and always willing to help.

My classmates are fun, outgoing, and always willing to help.

The college experience can be a confusing and frustrating process for many prospective college students. If I could give any kind of advice, I would tell them to try to narrow down their choices of colleges to about 5 or 6. Everyone gets so overwhelmed with all of the potential colleges available that they get too stressed. When narrowing it down, take into account how far away it is, the majors available, the academic standing, and of course what you think would be a good fit for you and your personality. Then research these 5 or 6 and see if it would be a good fit. Once you are down to 5 or less schools, take the time to visit the schools and find out as much information as possible. Once you have visited all schools, sit down with family and/or friends and review you experiences at each institution. It may sometimes help to write a "pro's and con's" list for each college. Take your time in making a decision to make sure it is what you want. Taking into account other perspectives (family, friends, etc.), make sure it is what YOU want in the end.

A person should attend this school if they are academically focused and also willing to have fun getting to know people and making friends. If they do not want to interact at all with their peers, it may not be the best fit because Walsh is a family environment

Klarisa

I would say that both parents and students should know what they're getting into. Researching both one's college and financial aid options are most beneficial. Also, having a very specific idea as to what the student wants to do with his/her college degree is also helpful while researching. There are schools and scholarships (both from the school and other sources) that are specific to a certain major or area of study.

The best thing about my school is the class size. Because the classes are smaller here, students are able to feel as though they are actually part of the class instead of just another number to their professor. This also allows for the students to get to know their professor, breaking down the barrier of feeling uncomfotable talking to him/her.

I wish that I would have known more about financial aid before I came to this school because even though the members of the Financial Aid department are helpful, it is easier to have questions answered when you know what you're talking about.

Students: You need to look at who YOU are inside and which setting and environment will suit you best. College is about finding yourself, not going where your friends are all going or are already attending. This may be a scary idea, but college is about new experiences, ideas, and friends. The idea is to mature and discover what you believe in, what you want to achieve, and how to ultimately achieve those goals. I personally believe that wherever a person chooses, they are going to have an amazing time and experience. Parents: It may be hard and you may think that your child is doing the wrong thing, but it is best to let them decide where they want to attend. If college starts out shaky for them, support them through the emotional time. It is easy to feel alone when you first arrive at college, especially when you do not know anyone else who goes there. After a few days however, your child will meet new people and develop life long friendships. Its inevitably!

The best thing about this school is the teachers' commitment to their students. They are always willing to help and there are never lines to talk to them at their office during office hours. Other schools there are long waits and their teachers make no effort to get involved in a students life. Teachers here get to personally know a person and are very helpful for recommendations.

I wish I would have know that the cafeteria food gets old fast! You definately get bored with it, so I buy a bunch of different foods to eat constantly. Cafeteria food is also never good for you, so watch your diet.

When parents and or students are looking for the right college they should first look at location and cost. College is very expesive these days and the student should have in mind their budget for the next four years. One does not want to be in debt the rest of their lives based on a poor decision of where to obtain an education. The size of the college or University is also important whether the student is looking to stand out in a small group or just fit in in a large atmosphere. One should also consider whether the academics are suited for the student and whether the academics of the school stand out above the students other college choices. The student should get to know his or her professors and build a relationship in order to get any help that is needed. One should also try to make friends to share this wonderful experiece with. College is an important decision for all young adults to make whether it is to attend or not as well as what instituion to recieve their education, either way the decision should not be taken lightly.

Someone that is looking for a small campus atmosphere with the ability of a one on one relationship with their teachers. They should be looking for a great school and should be able to work and study hard.

The most frustrating thing about Walsh University is the cost. The academics are very good, but the cost is through the roof. The way the government works their financial aide my family doesn't recieve too much money. This results in a lot of loans for me.

I feel that what makes Walsh University unique is that there is a small sense of a city atmosphere. There are many local stores and resturaunts to attend. Yet, at the same time, Walsh is very small, and there is a close-knit, family feel to the university.

From picking the right school, to saying good bye on that first day, emotions are running high for both the students and the parents. When picking a school, it is important for both the parent/guardian and the student to make the decision together. It is normal for students to be feeling fearful and confused, but it is important to not allow these emotions take over. Parents can minimize this anxiety by listening to what their child wants from a school, weather it is size, or any other specifications they may have. And parents, share with your child what is important to you, such as student to teacher ratio, or most understandably, the price of tuition! Then compromise, but parents, please remember, this decision affects your child?s life much more then it does your own. The greatest thing that a parent can do for their child is to give them time and space to sort out new feelings and emotions, and to remind their child that on their first day, each and every student around them is feeling very similar emotions, so they my as well branch out, make a new friend, and share in this new endeavor together!

Everyone goes home on the weekends! This leaves limited activities on the weekends, which can be very boring.

Carley

What I feel is unique about Walsh is the diversity. My college is very welcoming to anyone. There is a wide variety of foreign exchange students that come to this school which makes it very cool. I like being able to meet other students from other countries and learn more about them. Also, this college is a very small private college that is growing more and more each year. Their is a 20:1 ratio of students per classroom with one teacher. I love the fact that I am considered a face and not just a number.

First I would recommend that parents give the opportunity for their child to pick three to five colleges of interest and to visit each one. I only had two colleges that I really was interested in and I made a visit to each one. The reason I picked Walsh University is because the Nursing program. Also, when I stepped out onto this campus for the first time, I just knew it was calling my name. It was not too big, and not too small, it was just right! I had that gut feeling that this was where I wanted to experience the time of my life. I recommend that the student has to be able to feel safe on the college that they are attending and also be able to step out of their comfort zone and make new friends. This is your future and these are the people who may develop into a future spouse or best friend. Also, it is about being able to buckle down and be diligent in your studies because this is your future career. Time management is the key. Learning to have a good time excelling in your studies is very important. Best wishes!

I wish I would have known more about the science programs here at Walsh University. The high school I graduated from the science program was very poor, so I wish I would have been able to have a stronger background with the science field considering that I did struggle in Chemistry and the Anatomy classes taught here because it is taught on a higher level, and Walsh is also known for their science programs, too.

coty

My school is best known for its tough academic standing. The school really demands academic excellence.

The advice I would give parents and students about finding the right college and making the most of it would be to follow your heart. Find a college that you feel like you belong at and take it from there. The most important thing for a student is that you feel comfortable on the campus and then you can take the rest of the stuff on much easier. Parents you should also be willing to listen to your child throughout the whole process because this is where they will be living and learning for their future. You have to be able to accept your decision and be comfortable with it.

I wish I knew that the school had many extra classes a student had to take due to the fact it is a university.

Walsh University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.