North Canton, OH
Walsh University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Walsh University

Sara

Walsh University is unique because it has a smaller student-faculty ratio in the classes and you are automatically accepted into the nursing program and do not have to apply.

There are several pieces of advice I would offer to future students looking at colleges. First of all, don't assume that an expensive college will be unaffordable. Many of the private colleges offer more financial aid then state schools. Pick a school that you feel comfortable with. Make sure you schedule a college visit to see the campus and meet come faculty. Your college experience will be much more enhanced if you feel comfortable with the faculty and the campus itself. When looking at different colleges, decide whether you would like a smaller school or larger one. Take this into consideration when choosing. Another important topic to look at is the major you are considering. Take time to research different schools and their programs. The most important piece of information I've given is to choose a school that you feel comfortable with. This is important because your college education and the experience you get from it will shape your future and the rest of your life. Good luck with your search!

I feel the worst thing about Walsh is the expense and the financial aid given to students. I feel that more money could be given to the students so that they are able to continue their education at this school.

Carly

My university can be described as similar to a high school. It has very small classroom sizes and most teachers are personable and willing to help students outside of the classroom. My university has many clubs, activities, and extra-curricular activities. Also, my university offers help and counseling to students in need. The only problem with a small college is there are many cliques.

Before choosing the right college, it is important to review your interests and consider a major. It is important to choose a college that is highly specialized in your major and future goals. Advice I would give to a college seeking student would be to find a college that is the right size, contains campus resources, and is in a convenient location. It is also important to know the degrees offered, accreditation, test success, and most importantly the schools reputation. A student should choose a college that is economically suitable for their family's income and offers financial aid. Student's need to be comfortable with their college surroundings and be able to express themselves. College is about learning, new relationships, and joining activities and clubs. School and studying should be your main priorities, however college life needs to be enjoyable as well. Therefore, a college student must have good time management skills. College can be very stressful at times so don't be afraid to seek help or counseling if you are having problems. Last but not least, it is normal for students to be home sick, so don't give up on yourself, you'll get through it!

Before I came to Walsh University, I wish I would have known how demanding the nursing program was. I find it difficult at times to have a social life with the heavy workload of the nursing program. Also, nursing students must abide by a very strict grading scale, which makes it hard to achieve the grades one wants. I've heard that other majors are much easier and more manageable. I want my college experience to be a memorable and enjoyable one. So far it has not been. Many students have transferred to different schools because of this reason.

Maria

Our nursing and Education programs

Our nursing and Education programs

The best advice would be to yourself and to do what makes you happy. Sometimes it is not the coolest thing to stay and study, but if good grades it what you want to achieve then you have to do it. Also, pick a college the is right for you emotional, physically, and spiritually. If you feel uncomfortable you will probably not open yourself to all the school has to offer you. Being open minded about things is also a very key in being successful and enjoying your college experience.

I wish I knew all of the possibilities that I would have had when I started to attend. This would have helped me to stay focused, but now I'm involved in so much. This isn't a bad thing and has kept me on my toes, but sometimes I wish I had time to focus on the things hat pertain to my majors a little bit more.

Abigail

Walsh is a catholic university but they are very open to all religions and we have a very diverse population. It is always interesting to listen to other stuendents ways of life, for example I got to know an afghanistan student and I feel he amazed me by explaining just how different life is for him and I ( when he would return home) Walsh brings all different bodies of students together to help create well rounded and cultured individuals.

The advice I would give to parents and students about finding the right college and to make the most of their experience is to really look at what kind of education you really want to have. I know many students have transferred from other Universities to Walsh because they felt when they graduated they would be underqualified in their field or unable to obtain a job. Many students come to Walsh knowing that the information they are taught and the life lessons they learn will really prepare them for the future. So I would tell students and parents to really do their research on their school and make sure they feel they are getting the education they are paying for so they do not have to switch schools and add extra years and expenses onto their journey. I was really glad I chose walsh after I did because I heard storied from many students that chose colleges around here that origionally wanted to attend. They said they were unhappy with the course material and felt they would not be prepared when graduating so I feel finding a universiry that will have you the most prepared for life is the best!

Walsh is very into helping their students succeed in life. All of the professors Ive had over the years have gone above and boyond to help me understand the subject matter they teach. I will never forget how patient they are w/ me and I will take that as a life lesson. They never make me feel stupid or ignorant and I think thats the best thing a student can have when attending a difficult and demanding school.

Carey

The advice that I would give the student about finding the right college would be find a place where they feel comfortable. Feeling comfortable is one of biggest things I believe because if a person does not feel comfortable there, then that individual will not succeed in school or finding the life long friends. Finding the life long friends is what I personally think what makes college fun. They are the ones that help me get through a rough time. Another thing I would advice for the student would be to find the college where they feel like they can succeed. Whether that is in a big school or a small school. I personally feel that the smaller college works best for me because I liked the one on one interaction with the professors. The advice that I would give the parents would be supportive to their child. Yes, safety and money is an issue, but the student needs to experience the college experience and that experience will teach them life long lessons that will get them through life. If the parent can realize this, then the student will feel more comfortable and be willing to expand their horizon.

The thing that I consider the worst about Walsh University is how there is not a fitness center in all of the dorms. Three of the dorm areas, they do not have a fitness center, the students that live in those dorms have to go to another building, either the gym or the David Center. I personally would like to have a fitness center in the building that I am living in for I can just walk down a few flight of stairs to go workout. Instead, I have to walk across campus to go to the nearest fitness center.

The kind of person that should attend this school would be a student who is willing to stepout of their boxes to open up to new students. A student who is willing to work hard to achieve their goals, whether it is means working with others, getting involved and working with the faculty to improve their education. Also, a student that can be friendly and open-minded to work with different individuals. From my personally experience, I have realized working with the faculty in the School of Business has given my a new whole world of opportunities.

My classmates are kind, caring, hard working, driven, respectable classmates who love to offer help and collaborate so we all understand concepts and succeed in our program.

I would tell the student to apply to all the colleges he wishes to go to including any ones that his parents want as well. I would then proceed to tell the parents to let the child make this decision for himself as he is the one who will be going to school there, not the parents. I would then explain to them to direct the child to one that may be better suited for him, but the ultimate decision is for the student and they need to support him. I would then tell the student to keep an open mind when visiting colleges and when it comes down to choosing look at scholarships, academics, and overall how happy that school made him visiting it. Making the most out of school is not something anyone can tell each other as everyone has different goals and ideas of having fun at college. I would only say figure out what you really want out of college and go for it, but all along stay true to yourself. Try to get involved to meet people with similar interests as yourself to get what can be the most out of the whole experience.

I wish I had not roomed with a teammate as you see them all the time and it makes it very difficult to make other friends. I also wish I had known about class credits and how they can impact your class scheduling and rooming assignments. I dropped a class and I did not pick one up so it affected me when I registered for classes a lot.

Deanna

After viewing all of the possible components, finding the right college should ultimately be the student's decision. I would strongly advise visiting any perspective college to get a feel for its atmosphere and to examine whether or not that college can meet the student's expectations and provide a solid education and career opportunities. I would encourage students to visit multiple sites in order to find that perfect fit because one college is not for everyone. Finances are also a large part of chosing the right college and can weigh heavily on a student's decision. I would look into how much financial aid a school can offer and whether or not it is within the student's and/or parents' budget. Housing, availability of resources, and the quality of the education are other important areas to consider. Once a student finds a college the feels right for them, they should put their studies first but need to leave time to discover and develop into the person that they desire to become. Each individual has their own idea of what they want their college experience to be and it is up to them to make the most of it.

A person who is not committed to their school work and would rather party than focus on preparing for a career should not attend Walsh.

I do not find many things to be frustrating about Walsh. However, sometimes there are not enough computers in the library for student use. In addition, for students in other majors and sometimes in nursing, it seems as though they do not have to put a lot of effort into their studies and still manage to do well.

In order to make the most of your college experience, involve yourself in activities offered on campus. You will be able to meet new people and make new friends by becoming involved. Make use of your school library!! There are so many resources available to you there and the library is also a great place to get studying done! If possible, get to know your professors and ask them questions! That's what they are there for!

Jason

Each parent and prospective student should examine what they want from their education experience from an objective view. Weigh all the factors such as campus size, student to teacher ratio, academic standards, post graduation job placement, post graduation graduate school placement, strong programs vs. weak programs, etc. At the same time considerations for the surrounding community environment should play a role in the decision as well. Will the prospective student be distracted by off campus activates that will detract from their principal purpose of attending college? Are there strong support systems in place on campus such as counseling services, academic advising, spiritual/religious outlets, and a healthy social environment? Each of these elements and perspectives should be considered when looking at the need of each individual prospective student. The choice should be arrived at by a mutual decision making process with the parent and prospective student to avoid the misplacement of such said prospective student into a university which will not be suitable. Ultimately, the future success and happiness of the prospective student should be considered as the compass in navigating through all the elements of the decision making process. It is their future!

Anyone who has a desire for strong academic work, in a smaller classroom environment where there is interactions with the professors, should consider Walsh University. Overall people are friendly and the professors are actively engaged in your education experience and take personal interest in your success

Academic expectations can run high, causing some stress and frustrations. However, these expectations only push students to become better in achieving the education they are working towards.

I would suggest, to students searching for the right college, that they should choose the school that makes them the most happy. After all, he/she will be the one attending this school. It is always nice to please others, but the right school can determine his/her happiness for the next couple of years, or even determine the success of his/her future career. I would also suggest that students know what field of study he/she plans to go into before attending a college or university. Some schools offer a better program to students in a certain field of study than others, so it is always best to know what area he/she would like to study before making a decision on a school. Also, college is very expensive, taking unneeded and uninteresting classes, according to the student, can be a waste of hard earned money. College is supposed to be some of the best years of your life. That should not be compromised. Meet new people and have fun, but forget why your there.

Students looking to really learn and know their field of study, should attend this university. Also, even though it is a Catholic school, students with different religions backgrounds are certainly welcome. Religious ceremonies are offered on campus, often, but not forced upon the students.

I mostly brag about how my school lets out a week earlier then most, although we sart at the same time.

Walsh University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.