North Canton, OH
Walsh University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Walsh University

samira

My classmates are more like family. They are around when you need them as well as to give great advice and help me through anything. We eat, sleep, cry. laugh, study and enrich our lives together. Here at Walsh University you are a family there is no aquaintances we love eachother!

The advice I would give parents and/ or students about finding the right college and making the most of their college experience would be to go with their instincts. Parents need to guide their child to their decision but not make it for them. As a new college student they have to know they need to let their child pick their college and their own major. Parents are there for support and to help them along their new journey! As new students going to college try to keep an open mind you are going to meet so many types of people with different backgrounds,morals as well as ethnicities. One major thing for the student is to always remember to be yourself and never be something you are not. This is your life, your journey, and your career make the best of it, enjoy it, and you will not only reach your goals but exceed them as well! Have fun! Most importantly do NOT forget to study; keep in mind that is why you are here!

Violet

Walsh University has helped me to unviel my true potential and has helped me look at things differently than i before.

Research! Try and have your child make a list of colleges that he may want to attend and then seriously see what the school offers! Make sure the school has the degree they might want to study first, because not all schools have the same degree. Make a list of what you want in a school and go from there! College is suppose to be the best four years of your life and you might as well have fun in school!!!

Its a private catholic university with great students, teacher relations and it is easy to recieve individual attention. The campus is very clean and low kept with new building and maintenance projects everyday. Its a very beautiful campus that attracts many people from the North Canton area to attend church on the weekends with the students body. Very friendly environment!!

Hallee

It is still a resident-friendly school, but is working towards integrating commuters - and despite that has a very strong sense of community.

Talk to people who currently attend each school. Make sure to take a tour, and if possible do the overnight. Once you choose and are accepted, GET INVOLVED! I was a commuter at a primarily residential school. My freshman year I became involved in the newspaper, intramurals, and several clubs around campus. It was the best decision I made and through those activities I made the most of my friends. By my junior year, most of the campus - including RA's and Professors, thought that I WAS a resident! Being involved helped me make the most of my college experience, and help me figure out more about myself!

Patrick

Walsh University is a leberal school that is always open to new ideas and is a place of community and academic excellence and provides its students with the best opportunities to succeed in whatever career they wish to pursue.

Some advice for students is to find a school that is similar to your high school. If you come from a small high school and go to a huge school you will experience some serious culture shock and it makes classes harder to be engaged in. I would also tell you to live on campus. I chose to live in an apartment about thirty minutes from campus and because of that I have to work full time and this adds a lot of stress to the workload of college and many times I was tempted to drop out or skip classes because I was stressed out or didn't get a lot of sleep the night before. I am confident that if I lived on campus I would have straight A's but I have straight B's and they are not easy to get. Some advice for parents would be to let your child go and do what they want. Don't force them to go to a certain school and if you can't afford it try as hard as possible to find grants and help your child go to their number one choice college.

The best thing about my school is the sense of community. With smaller classes than most schools in the neighborhood, it helps students assimilate from high school and also making friends is much easier. This means that everyone is willing to help out others who are struggling or don't understand something.

My school is medium size with many activities, and a strong influence to suceed in your major.

My school has small classes with a variety of teachers for each subject.

My advice to parents would be to support your children with the decisions they make about where to go to school. My advice to students would be to visit and apply to as many colleges as possible, even if the some schools are not in your top choices. Also, choose a school for the acedemics, not for sports, extracrariqular activities, or how close it is to home.

Jenelle

What a great question, and I feel that there are so many factors that can take place for students to make the very best of their college experience! Since attending college for a little over four years now there is so much I have learned and love sharing with others about the "whole" experience. Firstly, for parents my advice to you would be to stay calm and be there for your student, finding the right college and all the aspects that go along with it can be tedious and sometimes confusing. However, there are so many people out there to help you and answer any of your questions. Make sure you allow your student to find the characteristics they want in a college, not just the ones you want. As a former student I had great support from both of my parents and that was so helpful. Now for the students, make sure you really research and visit the schools your interested in! There are many great schools out there, but from my experiences the most expensive ones aren't necessarily the best ones. Just take a deep breath and ask as many questions as needed. Thank you!

I feel that the worst thing about Walsh University is that it is arranged more for the students living on campus rather then the ones living off campus. For example, they have many events and activites for studetns on campus, and for ones like myself, living at home I rarely hear of the events. Another factor about Walsh is that it is a more expensive college and that has been a struggle for me, however it comes with a great education.

I brag most about the great professors I have above me and how everyone that works within Walsh University is always so helpful and always there for you! I also brag about how Walsh University works closely with graduates when looking into careers for thier students. These two statements are really what makes Walsh a great university to be a part of.

Small class sizes, how friendly the people are and how much the school cares about you as an individual.

I would choose a collage that will fit you best. I choose a small school, because i have grown up in a small community and i enjoy getting to know most other students and staff. I also like having small class sizes, which gives me an opportunity for more individual help. Going to a smaller school also helps to keep me stay on track, because I am not always tempted to party, play and sleep all day. Having a challange at this small private school makes me want to work hard, and makes me proud of myself when I achieve!

Walsh will allow you to balance school and social lifes on a separate basis while directing you in the right path for after college success.

Parents...it's time to relax. There actually is a method to the madness of choosing the right college; and i wish i would have known it four years ago. Your child is probably around the age of 18 and chances are they dont have a clue where they want to be. Let me guess, it might just be one of those things that keep you up at night. Well, it is time to get a good night's rest; its actually quite simple on which college is best. Have your son/daughter write down a list of things that are important to them; it may be as simple as: shopping, social life, or excellent professor-student relationships. It is important that they write as many as they can think, and there isnt a time frame that they should finish. Bring this list when you go to each college and check off their personal desires you observe. After you have visited all colleges, compare each list. Trust me, it's very hard to remember every detail in the end. This will narrow their decision, while making it more personalized. Congratulations, you will get that sleep you've been waiting for.

Jodi

Parents: When your child is searching for the right college to attend, the most important role for you is to be patient and supportive. There are hundreds of choices for your child, which can be exciting, but also overwhelming. In order to succeed, it is important that your child feel comfortable and "at home" while on campus, and that feeling is not an easy one to find. Encourage several visits and allow them to have options. Students: The same goes for you. Be patient. It is important to stay engaged and enthused. This is a big decision! Keep your options open and schedule several visits. When you step onto the right campus, you'll know. Once you get there, make friends. Keep an open mind. Many students may have different views and backgrounds than the ones you are accustomed to. Most importantly, stay focused on your school work. What you choose to do and how well you do it may ultimately decide what you do for the rest of your life! College is a time for fun, but also a time for learning and growth. Make the most of all of your experiences and never forget where you came from.

My school does not put enough, if any, emphasis on becoming or staying green. I think it should be a huge topic on all campuses, especially for our generation.

During some semesters, our school may not offer enough sections for a particular class. While registering for classes, it is very frustrating to be closed out of a course and perhaps even graduate a semester later because of it.

Leah

The majority of my classmates are older but are very wise and willing to help with any problems I may be having in the classroom.

Walsh Univeristy is best known for being a conservative but welcoming Catholic school.

The advice that I would offer regarding the selection of a univeristy would be directed to students. While parents should be involved in reviewing potential schools, the final decision should be up to the student. A college education is vital in today's society and the decision to attend college should not be taken lightly. Students should choose the most qualified university relevant to their career choice and lifestyle. Too many schools focus soley on academics and not extraciricular activites that help make a student a well-rounded individual and help prepare them for the challenges in life. The school that is chosen should fit aspects of the students personality, financial status, religion, ethics and morals. If a school is chosen that does not fit these categories, the student may find completing their education in a timely and successful manner challenging. Overall a college education is earned and well respected. It is something only the student and commit to and complete. With so many challenges and obstacles in today's world, students should pick the right school for them that will enhance their adulthood, not hinder it.

Walsh University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.