North Canton, OH
Walsh University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Walsh University

My classmates are like second family to me. Our class sizes are relatively small, usually always less than 30, and we have all got to know each other over the past years because of our major. Some students are well rounded and have a variety of knowledge to share with others and some don't participate at all. There is rarely a happy medium between the two. On average, everyone strives to do well and cares about their grades.

If I could go back and start from the beginning, I would definately tell highschool seniors that they need to do their homework and really research colleges and universities before deciding where they want to go. So many students pick a school for the wrong reason, like whether it is a party school or for it's location, and not for what the school itself actually has to offer. I would suggest doing an overnight at the school with a student who already goes there to get a feel for what it really is and not just what everyone tells you it is. I'm currently in my senior year at Walsh University and I wish I would have done two things in the past. First, I wish that I would have taken advantage of the study abroad programs. They may seem expensive, but I realize now that it would have been worth the money. Second, I would have done an internship the end of sophomore year or during my junior year. It's up to you to find the right one because no one will hold your hand and help you, you've got to do it yourself.

The most frustrating thing about Walsh is that it is small enough that you feel like you never meet new people. You see the same faces everyday on campus and you may not know their name, but you know you have seen them walking before. Meeting new people after Freshmen year is challenging because everyone seems to have made their group of friends already. A larger school would be able to offer more opportunities for new friendships.

Meredith

Ask lots of questions, pick a school that is safe and that both the parents and students feel comfortable with.

someone who doesnt have any respect for faith or catholic people

Derek

Walsh University life is superficial and social, usually mixed with alcohol.

Walsh University life is superficial and social, usually mixed with alcohol.

Ask the students about campus life. Ask if it is engauging, if they feel they are getting their monies worth, or is it a college that promotes positive change in all areas of campus life.

Anyone who likes to be social and enjoy the humanities or nursing.

Aricka

Finding the right college requires the consideration of a variety of issues. First, a student should match his or her expectations with what a college has to offer. If a student knows what career path he or she is planning on taking, the student should choose a college that offeres the most classes related to that major. If a student is unsure of what major he or she is pursuing, the student should look for colleges that have a large variety of majors. It is very important for students and parents to sit down and think about what the student wants to get out of his or he college career. Second, a student must be realistic in choosing the colleges he or she applies to. The student should look at the criteria needed to be accepted and make sure he or she meets the requirements. It is also important to decide whether a student wants to go away or stay near home. Finally, the best way to make the most of a college experience is to keep an open mind and be involved in different things so the student can broaden his or her horizons which will lead to success.

I consider the professors and the diversified students the best thing about Walsh University. The professors are always willing to help you and will bend over backwards for you. I have never been nervous to ask a professor a question because I know that they will always find a way to help me. It is very comforting to know there are always there to help. The other students at Walsh offer great friendships that I would not trade for anything. I have met many amazing people who have changed my life.

I feel that anyone can attend Walsh because there is a place for everyone. Walsh has so many different people that it is so easy to make friends. If your're a person who wants to learn and make amazing friends, then Walsh is definitely the place for you. If your're a person who is looking for professors who will be your mentors and guide you through your college career, you will feel right at home at Walsh. No matter who you are, Walsh has a place waiting for you!

Valerie

My fellow classmates at Walsh University are very friendly and are willing to help each other out whenever needed. We have small classes so it is very easy to interact with one another and the teachers, this allows us to do group work very often and everyone is able to work very thouroghly with one another. Most students get together and form thier own study groups to help prepare for tests or if some are struggling.

The first advice I would give to a student is try to look at as many colleges as possible who offer their major they are interested in. They need to go to as many schools as possible and find out the schools different policies for the program, like how long it will take and the amount of work you need to do. They also need to look into how well people get placed into jobs that are in there field after they graduate and how helpful the school is in finding jobs for the students. Different schools have different ways of doing things and they need to find what will best suit them. Also I would tell them go to a school that they know they will enjoy and that it will feel like a second home to them. If they choose a school they are not comfortable at they will not be able to work as efficently. I would tell the parents to look into how hard it is to aquire finacial aid or if there are other things they can do to help pay for school such as different scholarships the school offers.

Honestly I had already known everything, when I came here nothing surprised me I knew what to expect. Shadowing someone at this school helped me very much I was able to have all my questions answered so I was well prepared when I came here.

Walsh University is a catholic, friendly, interactive school. The professers here make sure that the student knows what is going on in class and if the student needs the help that they get it. The campus is beautiful and the perfect size. The students here and very outgoing and make sure to make incoming students feel welcome and at home.

The advice that I would give parents and theire children about finding the right college is to start early. Chosing a college is very tough decision it is were they will be living for next four years of their lives. Make sure that the parents do not try to make the decison for their child. It is the childs decision, they are going to school. Advice that I would give to the student is to make sure that they start working and saving young. Make sure they start working at a young age and are saving. Also for parents, start a savings bond for their children as they are growing us so they wont have to start from scrach. Choose a college that the sudent can see themselvs at. Dont go by what their friends are saying or where they are going. They need to go were they feel comfertable at. Also choose the college for the education not the parties. They are going to school to get and education in what they want to do for the rest of their lives not to party. Finally find a college were they have the major that the student wants.

Anyone can attend this school there is not one type of person that would not be aloud at Walsh University. No one judges you here it is very easy to be yourself at this school. You really feel like you are at home.

Alison

Everyone here at Walsh University is very kind and always willing to help out.

Everyone here at Walsh University is very kind and always willing to help out.

When picking a college, I would focus on one that is smaller and more student based. I went with a smaller university because I felt I would be able to focus and learn more. Focus on the interaction between professors and their students. I have to say the interaction between the professors and their students is what I like most about Walsh University. Make the most out of your college experience by being comfortable and happy where you are. Interact with other students. Make sure to keep up on the studying and homework. Asking questions and showing the professor you are interested in learning is huge in college. Always remember to never be afraid to ask for help, there is plenty of students and or staff that are always willing to help those who need it. Most of all, have fun in college! Be smart and don't get behind in class work. Unlike Highschool, every class costs money so slacking is not the best option. College is not easy, but it will be well worth it in the end!

I was well informed of almost everything I needed know prior to starting school. Orientation was a great thing to help students become aware of the campus and what it has to offer.

Katelyn

I think that the easy accessability of our professors is a unique quality that my school has. Also, the smaller, more personable class sizes is another unique quality. Another aspect that is unique is that none of the campus housing has a community bathroom which is different from a lot of schools.

Advice that I would give to students and parents about choosing the right college and about making the most out of their college experience would include a few things. In choosing the right college I would encourage students to look at a lot of different types of colleges. After narrowing your choices down to about three or four, visit those a few times. While on campus, make sure that they have your major of choice and that it is a good program. Also ask about class size, student teacher ratio, accessibility of the professors, campus police quality, and extracurricular activities are offered. Also ask about other things available to students including counseling and tudoring. Parents should attend these visits and talk about their concerns as well. I also would encourage parents to have an open mind to what their son or daughter chooses as their college of choice. Making the most out of your college experience includes being open to meeting new people and making friends, get involved with campus activities, finding a balance between school and your social life, and taking advantage of everything the campus has to offer to help students in any way.

I think the type of person that should attend this school is someone who is open and friendly. I think that the person should possess a good work ethic to keep up with the academic standards. I think the person should have an interest in campus clubs and activitites. I think the person should be open to meeting all different kinds of people with different backgrounds and views.

Take the time to find a school that seems right for the student. Look at the brochures, read the pamphlets and visit the schools. I think the campus visit is one of the most important steps in choosing a school. Examine the tuition costs, apply for grants, consider what the school has to offer in terms of quality education, student life, professors and class sizes and remember that college is (generally) a once in a lifetime experience. Some colleges are more expensive than others, but the student's experience in approximately 4 years can outweigh the price. The job placement assistance at the more expensive school could be more beneficial than saving a few thousand dollars over the course of 4 years. Also, students will enjoy their experience much more if they get involved on campus. Whether it's playing sports, joining a club or simply attending activities on campus - just do it! Getting involved helps students meet each other, creates lifelong memories, builds confidence, makes the campus feel more inviting and gets students excited about going to school.

I had many wonderful professors and courses. Learning about photojournalism and actually exhibiting the final project for that class in a museum was great. The classroom work and instruction kept the classes interesting and interactive.

The type of displays set up by the conservative groups on campus. That tuition would rise as much as it did, as quickly as it did. Before I graduated, many of the buildings on campus closed before midnight and some buildings were off-limits unless you lived on campus. The price of food on campus is not suitable for students. There is not enough parking on campus for commuters (and residents).

Christopher

The best advice that I could give any parent or student looking for a school is to find a school where community is highly regarded. I would have picked more schools that are based around the idea of community because then truly you know that the school will be a place where they will care about you. Not only will they care about you but they will know you as an individual and you will be able to become your own person. I would stay away from the idea of basing your college decision on any type of sport or activity that you will not be doing after college. I thought for the longest time that all I wanted to do was play sports in college because they had been such a big part of my life growing up. If I could go back and do it all over again I would choose a school on the education that I would be receiving. Instead of just looking at schools where I could play sports, I would have looked at schools more as the place that I would be living for the next four years.

I wish I would have known the kind of people that go here because it would have made my decision that much easier.

Someone who is looking for a big name school that has a big social party life on the weekends.

Walsh University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.