North Canton, OH

Walsh University

« See more reviews of Walsh University

Before I came to Walsh University, I wish I would have known how demanding the nursing program was. I find it difficult at times to have a social life with the heavy workload of the nursing program. Also, nursing students must abide by a very strict grading scale, which makes it hard to achieve the grades one wants. I've heard that other majors are much easier and more manageable. I want my college experience to be a memorable and enjoyable one. So far it has not been. Many students have transferred to different schools because of this reason.

Walsh Univeristy is a great school. I wish that I would have known that lot of the students attending the school are living on campus. I decided to commute to save money. I still love going to Walsh, but I may be missing out on some fun activities that are on campus. Although, I am also glad that I decided to commute because it seems like it is much easier for me to complete my homeowork than it is for students who live on campus. It also would have been nice to know some of the required classes.

I wish I would've known more about this school first before I went to Akron U. Akron U. is a nice school, but its so large. You feel like just another number at that school where no one really knows you or even knows your name. When I finally started to attend Walsh I loved how the professors really were interested in educating their students, and the attention from the faculty is great! I just wished I would've known more about this school, b/c it would've been my top pick.

Since I worry alot, It would have been nice to talk to someone and have them tell me that everything would be ok and een though tings will be difficult and challenging, I would still be able to succeed. I also with that i would have known more about my roomate and what on campus housing would be like before i moved in, instead of having to learn by experience. I think though, that I was able to learn these things quickly as I became more comfortable at Walsh Universtiy.

I wish I would have known more about the science programs here at Walsh University. The high school I graduated from the science program was very poor, so I wish I would have been able to have a stronger background with the science field considering that I did struggle in Chemistry and the Anatomy classes taught here because it is taught on a higher level, and Walsh is also known for their science programs, too.

The type of displays set up by the conservative groups on campus. That tuition would rise as much as it did, as quickly as it did. Before I graduated, many of the buildings on campus closed before midnight and some buildings were off-limits unless you lived on campus. The price of food on campus is not suitable for students. There is not enough parking on campus for commuters (and residents).

I wish I had not roomed with a teammate as you see them all the time and it makes it very difficult to make other friends. I also wish I had known about class credits and how they can impact your class scheduling and rooming assignments. I dropped a class and I did not pick one up so it affected me when I registered for classes a lot.

I wish I knew all of the possibilities that I would have had when I started to attend. This would have helped me to stay focused, but now I'm involved in so much. This isn't a bad thing and has kept me on my toes, but sometimes I wish I had time to focus on the things hat pertain to my majors a little bit more.

I wish that I would have known more about financial aid before I came to this school because even though the members of the Financial Aid department are helpful, it is easier to have questions answered when you know what you're talking about.

Honestly I had already known everything, when I came here nothing surprised me I knew what to expect. Shadowing someone at this school helped me very much I was able to have all my questions answered so I was well prepared when I came here.