Walters State Community College Top Questions

Chelsey

The best thing about my school is that the teachers are willing to help you.

Fallon

Walters State is a small school, which I really enjoy. The classes are really one-on-one and I believe that makes for a great learning environment. They also offer free tutoring for every subject which is a big plus as well. All of the staff is friendly and is willing to take the time out of their day to help you, or at least point you in the direction of someone who can. They offer a few work-study scholarships as well, which are a tremendous help.

I consider the "best thing" about Walters State to be their accessability. This is the case on many fronts. I am a nontraditional student. I graduated high school in 1985. I am a 43 year old mother of two teenaged children, and recently decided to continue my education. I have been made to feel included and welcomed as a student. The staff go out of their way to assist the students. Many satellite campuses insure that students may achieve their educational goals. In addition, the tuition is affordable for a working mom. My kids might say,"It's all good !".

I consider the teachers as the best thing about my school. Every teacher I have had shows that they care and they are all really helpful at any time of the day.