Warner Pacific College Top Questions

Carlos

The main thing I wish I knew before coming here was to have an open mind. Coming from Southern California to Portland, people here are very liberal and I need to understand that people have different opinions than mine. I wish I also prepared myself for the rainy weather in Oregan. On the first day of raining season I was soaking wet when I was walking from my dorm to the library. To summarize what I wish I knew before coming is that people have a different mindset here in Portland and I should have bought an umberlla.

Yvette

Attending this school, I guess I should have done more research on how much the cost was going to be every year I was planning to attend but other than that I wouldnt change anything from trying to attend here.

Warner Pacific College is a great place to go to school. It is small, like a high school, and everyone knows everyone. The staff is very friendly and tries very hard to help you succeed. It is a Christian school, so you are required to attend chapel and fulfill a certain amount of community service ours per semester. I was floundering and failing at a but university before and took a break before choosing to come to Warner. This fall term was my first year back and I was on the Deans list!

How many people have graduated from this school

I wish I would have known that I should get to know professors right away. They are incredible individuals who care about their students as people first, and as students second. I think if I was less intimidated, I would have let my guard down and built more solid relationships.

I wish I knew a little bit more about the majors offered. I came in being an undecided major, so all my classes were the basic classes required of every student. Being undecided was hard to keep focused. I felt like I wasn't striving for anything. If I knew more about the majors offered and I was more comfortable in that knowledge I believe I probaby would have declared a major.

I wish I had known about the academic support system that warner offers; I might have started here rather than transferring in if I had known how supportive Warner's staff and faculty are.