Swannanoa, NC
Warren Wilson College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Warren Wilson College

Joe-Joe

it a good school and i feel like i love it there and everyone is nice

it a good school and i feel like i love it there and everyone is nice

Danny

If I never leave this campus again as long as I live, it will still be too soon. I. Love. This. School. The classes are relatively small, so professors have time to answer my questions. The campus is beautiful beyond my ability to describe, and I have been a poet for more than half my life, and the people here are my fiercest, most loyal friends.

Orestis

It's been an interesting few years at warren. Met many colorful people in my time their. A wide variety of different ideologies and personalities. People talking till 4 or 5 in the morning about the prison system, the military, government, world war 2 politics, and a bunch of other topics. These students can be frustrating at times but damn are they smart. Its been tough but worth it and I don't regret my time at warren at all.

Sydney

Warren Wilson College provided a unique and fulfilling college experience. I was able to learn in multiple settings. I loved going hiking on campus and going down to the farm. I enjoyed the work and services aspects and feel that I received a holistic education.

Warren Wilson is a very interesting college. Unsurprisingly, considering the area it is in, Wilson is a very independent and liberal school; you'd never know the school once had an affiliation with a church or any type of structured institution - for that matter. I could go on trying to sound intelligent but, to be honest, there's no point. Everyone here has something to be offended/triggered about; about 98% of the student population here are social justice warriors. The school is broke, expensive, and uses mandatory student labor as a means of 'problem-solving'. The academics are lacking, poorly executed, and a majority of the staff probably attended Woodstock. The cafeterias serve awful (albeit local) food and half the appliances they 'provide' for students rarely work. Living on campus is awful; my dorm had neither working AC or heating, the hot water was a hit-or-miss anytime of day, and there is practically no campus security past 5 p.m. Warren Wilson may be loved by some but I would NOT recommend this school to anyone who wanted my opinion. You can find much cheaper, structured, and beneficial​ education elsewhere.

Anyone interested in studying sustainable agriculture, environmental education, or etc. This is a very outdoors-oriented college. If you think you're more of a desk jockey, this isn't the school for you.

Claire

The community at the school is deeply intentional.

The community at the school is deeply intentional.

My greatest advice to my high school senior self would simply be this; eliminate the people in your life who say "you can't". All throughout high school, I was always told "you can't do that". You can't play the saxophone. You can't take AP science classes. When I entered college, I intentionally surrounded myself with a positive community. I let go of my relationships from high school that dragged me down, and instead I formed new ones. I made friends with people who told me "you can" and "why not". And what a difference it has made. I taught myself how to play the tenor saxophone, and I've played in my college's jazz band for six semesters. I pushed myself to take a challenging courseload, and as a result I am graduating in just three years. This past summer, I worked for a top national internship program. I've been accepted to top graduate schools. I surrounded myself by the power of positivity, embracing those who encouraged me to pursue my passions and to continue to grow, and I have been amazed by the results. I only wish that I had done it sooner.

Those who want an intentional community, care about more themselves, and are open to new things.

Forrest

If I were to go back to talk to my high school self, I would remind him of the world beyond his. I would remind him that there are whole topics and concepts he's never explored, much less thought of, and there are whole demographics of people he's never interacted with. I'd remind him to not be narrow-minded, and to go into a new school being positive and receptive to learning. I would tell him to make as many friends as he could when he got to his school and to be authentic with each of them. Faking it until you make it is one thing, but being fake to attract friends will get you nowhere! Overall, I'd tell him to never say never, to not be close-minded, and to open himself up the the beautiful people, knowledge, and food that is out there in the world to discover and learn about. I'd tell him to be the person it took him so long to become.

Sometimes, you never really know what is going to be triggering to another person. Be conscious of your diction and body language, and be open to critique. Learn about preferred pronouns and how to not be a butthole ot those who are different than yourself.

A narrow-minded butthole will not get far here.

Chelsea

It is like a community devoted to the environment and welfare of others.

It is like a community devoted to the environment and welfare of others.

Being chronically ill, I had to put off going to college for a couple years. Because of that, I don't think I have taken the learning experience for granted like a lot of other freshmen have. I've met some of the most loving, beautiful, caring people at this school--most of whom would literally give you the shirts off their backs. I've learned more in one semester than my entire senior year of high school, and I'm anxious to keep the ball rolling and soak up as much information as these devoted teachers have to give.

There isn't much diversity. I wish more people of different states of mind and perspectives would attend the college instead of environmentally-focused, non-conformists.

Yaseman

Throughout my life school has never been easy for me. Whether it is with my English as a second language or recently finding out about my learning disability. Though I?ve had difficulties I know in the end it will all be worth it. A college degree is so valuable, not just because it will get you ahead in life but because it is such a huge accomplishment for me. Being the first one on my mom?s side of the family to get earn a bachelor?s degree.

Jo

College is a valuable experience, especially for a returning adult like me. What I really like about my school is that there is a good mix of students of all ages. I know adult students who have experienced some of the same things I have, as well as younger ?typical? college students who are just setting out. I love sharing my life experience with the younger college kids, and learning from them. It?s very rewarding, and it's wonderful to talk to an 18-year old who has a great work ethic and takes his/her education seriously. I used to think that kids today are not interested in working or learning, but only in partying, playing video games, and texting. I?m happy to be able to say from firsthand experience that this is a stereotype that needs to be revisited. Many of these students are holding down a full-time job as well as taking a full load of classes. I admire and am inspired by these students. I have always considered myself to be an open-minded person, but being in college again has broadened my thinking and made me more tolerant of the younger generation.

Warren Wilson College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.