Warren Wilson College Top Questions

The lackadaisical way faculty and staff manage academics and planning.

There isn't much diversity. I wish more people of different states of mind and perspectives would attend the college instead of environmentally-focused, non-conformists.

The worst thing about my school is the apathy that can develop. When the students on campus stop participating in community meetings and events it hurts our school and is frustrating to thoes who care. Warren Wilson has several awesome activist groups fpr different issues, but sometimes participation just drops. It is especially bad because most of the students say they are intersested but don't want to take the time. There is more talk than action from many quarters.

Jeff

Being so far away from home. It's a big change . I underestimated the feelings of homesickness, which hit pretty hard after the first month or so. Being 500 miles away from home and missing out on family gatherings and such events isn't as "cool" as I thought it might be.

The inefficiency of the work program, because it could be such a good program, but there are many who choose to slack off all the time.

The work load is a little much sometimes, because everyone has to work and go to school. Also there is no study week before exams, you have class up to exams.

Gia

I think the worst thing about the school is also the best thing about it. It is small, and that is great, but because it is small there aren't very many academic options. Another negative thing about it's size is that it is very expensive . It's expensiveness contributes to the types of people who can afford to come here and also the types of people who are attracted here in the first place.