Waverly, IA
Wartburg College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wartburg College

Fixed  rate loan

Kelsey

I really love Wartburg College. It was my number one choice, and I honestly would love to graduate from Wartburg. It has a small, yet absolutely beautiful campus, and amazing facilities. Class sizes are small, and the professors genuinely care about how you are doing academically and personally. My only issue is the price, and the lack of resources. I'm currently going through an extreme amount of stress over paying off this semester so that I can stay, with the knowledge that I may be forced to transfer after my second year because I won't be able to afford it. There is nothing I can do, even though I'm a good student. Overall, the school itself is amazing.

Weston

Wartburg College is not just a college to me, it's a home. People treat one another as if they were family. Additionally, there are countless organizations that are available to join that only heightens this feeling of family. Everyone has a chance to be included and I love it there.

Alex

I love Wartburg so much! I have met so many amazing people and everybody is so friendly and welcoming. The professors are extremely helpful and the class sizes are a great size to get the help that you need. The atmosphere here is a great and the sense of community makes you feel like you belong. There is no other college I would rather be at.

Wartburg

The visit was nice

Wartburg

The visit was nice

Wartburg is unique because of the atmosphere of the school. Wartburg College's Mission Statement states, "Wartburg College is dedicated to challenging and nurturing students for lives of leadership and service as a spirited expression of their faith and learning." When I toured campus, I could see that each and every student and faculty member embodied this statement. The professors were dedicated to their students education. Based on the other schools I toured, Wartburg College's practical home-like atmosphere is what drew me to this college.

The biggest piece of advice I would give my high school self would be that it is perfectly fine to not know what you want to do. In high school, I was caught up in how I had envisioned my future. From the car I would own to the career I would hold, I had every ounce of my life planned. I entered into college, and my life did a back flip. I realized I no longer wanted to be a physical therapist, but on the other hand, I had no idea want I wanted to do because I had never considered an other professions. This made my transistion into college even harder and more stressful than it already was. To put it lightly, I was lost. Now, I am three months away from completing my first year of college, and I realized that somehow I ended up on the right track from me. College is an eye opener, and it changes your points of veiw on life. Be open to change, and be happy living in the unknown for a little while.

The thing I brag about most at my school would have to be the skywalks that connect all the academic buildings. In Iowa's brutally harsh winters, I never have to walk outside unless I am going to my dorm hall. I did not factor this into my decision of choosing a school when I chose my school, but it is one feature that I am grateful for everyday it's below zero. It makes going to class more bearable.

Juneah

Going to college has given me plenty of opportunities to learn and acknowledge my bad habits, strengths, weaknesses, and fears. It made me grow up from the immature qualitites that I possessed in high school. If I were to give my high school self a piece of advice, it would be to take advantage of the people who are in my life, and to get out of my own way. What held me back in my first year of college was my low confidence. It interefered with my performance in my courses where I am not strong in, and it held me back from so many opportunities. I guarantee that if I practice being more confident and stop fearing my own success, I will be much happier and mentally stronger in college. It is all about your mindset when it comes to being independent. Your mindset reflects on your actions. Having a strong mind allows you to defeat those obstacles and fears in college. Sometimes you have to just "do it" and do not be afraid to fail. College is all about making mistakes, but then learning from them and applying what you learned to your life.

I wish I would have learned the importance of working hard. It is hard to get into college with poor grades and a low GPA. It is especially difficult to stay in school when you do not qualify for academic scholarhips. Working diligently and putting your all into anything that you do pays off in the end. Although there are many sacrifices that comes with committing yourself to hard work, it is a very rewarding outcome when you can look back and there are no lost opportunities or regrets.

The worst thing about my school would be the diversity on campus. My college brings in many students from all over the world, but when they get there the school does not do anything with them. In this case, there are so many opportunities to enhance the school and attract more newcoming students, but they do not take advantage of them. Most of the time, the minority and international population on campus leave the school because they do not feel a part of the campus.

Kamden

Wartburg is much like high school in that it is relatively small and pretty cliquey, but it is very different in that the people are overall generally nice, and the classes are much more interesting and teachers much easier to learn significant amounts of information from.

If I could give myself advice about college, I would tell myself to take more time to visit colleges and to be more open-minded on my college visits. When I started my college search, I had a few schools already picked and it was just a matter of narrowing down those schools to find the one that I wanted to attend the most. However, I think there were some really good schools that may have been a better fit for me that I never even took the time to look at because they weren't on my initial list. I would also tell myself to do a better job of making friends when I first got to school. I have always been quite introverted, and making new freinds has always been tough for me. However, I now realize how important a good group of firends is. I did make some friends, but I wish I had forced myself out of my comfort zone in order to make some more friends and to establish a good network of relationships in all sorts of different areas on campus.

I wish I had known I wouldn't be able to play baseball here. A chance to play baseball was one of the deciding factors when I chose Wartburg, and no longer having that chance makes me wonder if things would have been different if I had chosen a different college. However, I do like the school, and I am not certain that things would have been any different at a different college.

This school is best known for its biology and music programs, along with a strong German heritage and affiliation with the Lutheran church.

I would convince my younger self to push through the AP classes along with taking more diverse classes. Im would also convince her to have taken many more college level classes in order to meet some of the general education classes. Another thing that I wished I had known was that I needed to do a lot of volunteer work, sports, and many other extracurriculars ontop of having an impressive grade range. Another thing I would have told myself would have been to work a lot less and to save a lot more. The next thing I would tell myself is that I need to worry less about what I am doing and worry a little more about how to plan out my future a little bit more. Instead of going with the flow in my senior year, I would have planned somethings out all throughout high school. Lastly, I would tell myself not to be so harsh on myself and to work through problems a little more creatively.

To me the most frustrating part about my school is the price of tuition. With a whopping forty-five thousand dollar price tag, it makes attending this school a little bit frustrating due to the lack of federal and family aid.

Christina

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell her to take the college credit courses seriously. I would tell her to go through with the college tests to get credits for in when coming into college because it really helps. As a senior, I would tell myself to change my schedule and replace the easy classes with more challenging courses to better prepare me for college. The biggest advice I would give myself if I were in high school would be to prevent procrastination. College gives you a set date telling you when assignments are due. Seeing this in high school, I would procrasinate my work until it was close to the due date. In college, you will learn that it takes more than just one night to get your work done. You will find yourself sleep deprived if you continue to push your work off until the last minute.

The best thing about my school is the family-like atmosphere. Almost everyone on campus knows one another by name or they try to get to know each other. Wartburg feels like a home away from home because people here are very close. It is a small campus, so, there are a lot of relationships between people. Administration, staff, faculty, and students come together and help those who need it. I love feeling like part of one big community, instead of just another student at a school. Wartburg acknowledges everyone!

The kind of person that should not attend this school is someone who is not driven nor motivated. Wartburg students dedicate themselves and their time in all that they do, whether it is athletics, academics, music, art, etc. If you are someone who is reserved and has a mean personality, Wartburg would not be the place for you. Everyone here is like a family. It is a small campus with a lot of interaction. Also, if you don't like a small, quiet, and "country" environment, Wartburg would not be the best place for you.

Kerri

Wartburg College is a school where students feel comfortable and at home and have the resources and abilities to reach their potential while developing into the best person they can be.

Wartburg College is best known for its success in all areas and developing educated, well-rounded graduates. From an outstanding biology program, to a stellar music department, to winning wrestling National Championships for several years straight, Wartburg College has students who are extremely competitive and want to be the best in whatever they do. Wartburg College is also dedicated to the community and places emphasis on community service and giving back. Wartburg College can be proud of the legacy it has, and students are definitely proud to be called a Knight.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior I would have a lot of important advice to give. First of all, I would say to get involved. Whether in music, athletics, or drama, there is a lot more free time in college and it is important to actively participate in a club or organization. For me, soccer was a way of having instant friends who I knew I could trust, and this took away an extreme amount of stress and anxiety. The second piece of advice would be to stay true to yourself and never forget your values or where you came from. There will be moments in college where you are pressured to do something against your morals because people are coming together from diverse backgrounds and communities. However, you are accountable for all of your actions and must remember what you have been taught your whole life. The third piece of advice is to apply yourself. After all, you are in college to learn and gain an education. Push yourself, study, and go to class (you are paying thousands of dollars for this purpose). Lastly have fun, because four years goes fast!

Wartburg College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.