Topeka, KS
Washburn University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Washburn University

JILL

Washburn University has a small campus feel. The class sizes are not too large. The teachers are really hands on and very helpful and want to see you succeed. There are a lot of opportunities. There is a large amount of international students. Washburn has a great opportunity for the traditional student and non-traditional student.

Alison

I love Washburn. It's a great school, where the teachers care deeply about the students. As with any where there are some bad apples, but overall very supportive and helpful. Nice campus size with new and up to date facilities. Brand new residence hall too!

Delanie

I like it. It was a great choice for me! I was nervous when I decided to go to school out of state but Washburn has been my home away from home. I joined a sorority and got involved and I don't plan on transferring home. I plan on finishing my degree here at Washburn.

Kaylee

Washburn is a wonderful institution that welcomes all students, promotes many intellectual opportunities and strives to develop great students. I feel very comfortable in this environment, and I feel it was the university that best fit my needs. My experiences with both students and faculty have also been very beneficial to my education and my overall college experience.

Washburn University has always fought for the dreams and successes of its students past, present, and future, in every imaginable way. Their proactive approach to supporting its students begins with the FYE (First Year Experience) Program which has been implemented at Washburn for about five years. The FYE Program is in charge of the university required WU101 class that helps all incoming students transition from high school to college, whether it is "needed" or not. This allows for educational gaps to be filled in for those who were not able to receive this information from high school, as well as teach important information regarding our rights as students and the boundless resources that are provided to us on an every day basis. Even with being a pre-medical biology major, I am ecstatic to continue exploring the variety of courses that Washburn has to offer in the humanities and social sciences, and I will continue to take every opportunity I am able to expand my growing knowledge, but also to grow as an individual. However, with that said, Washburn would not be Washburn without its truly dedicated faculty and staff. With the small class sizes and, thus, student to teacher ratio, it enables the students to have more in depth and profound conversations with the professors and their peers. I am not simply a number that passes from building to building, invisible both to my fellow students and professors, but I am a growing human being who is recognized for my curiosity and desire to learn. I believe that my undergraduate degree and the faculty at Washburn will undoubtedly prepare me and help me achieve my dream of attending medical school to become a licensed medical professional.

Aaron

I think one's opinion of Washburn would depend on your major. I started out as a Bio major and am currently in a different major. When I was in the Bio program, I would often associate Washburn with the professors and how much I learned from them. For example, my chemistry professor was a great guy and all but he didn't really know how to teach students. He'd lecture and lecture and maybe three kids would understand the material by the time class ended. Now by going off of just that experience, I would say that Washburn was an okay school. Once I switched majors, my outlook at Washburn changed. However, one cannot just base their opinions solely on the experience with a professor. There is always that one professor, no matter the school, that everyone dislikes therefore people have to take into account other factors and experiences on and off campus. By doing so, only then can we really weigh our opinion of a school. Overall, I think Washburn is the ideal school. It has small class sizes which allow for more professor to student interaction, no student teachers, great food at the cafeteria, and most of all, Washburn has a great student body. Go Bods!!

Allyson

I love Washburn. I feel like so many people on campus are truly excited to help students and see students succeed. The campus is beautiful and the professors are very engaged and interactive with students. There are plenty of organizations to be a part of, and as a member of a sorority on campus, I love the opportunities that Greek life gives me to get involved and be an active member of the Washburn and Topeka community.

Washburn : The Real Deal

It's really a pretty good place. However, for as expensive it is, it doesn't have as much as bigger schools like K-state and ...

Washburn : The Real Deal

It's really a pretty good place. However, for as expensive it is, it doesn't have as much as bigger schools like K-state and KU.

madison

The best thing about Washburn University are the people working there. They are extremely helpful always willing to help you out, they are there whenever you need them. Washburn's size is just right not to big not to small. The campus is not big at all you can get to all your classes in the matter of two minutes/ When I first told everyone that I got accepted into Washburn they were thrilled. They told me that it was an excellent school.

The most popular groups would have to be cheer, basketball, and baseball. They are always having everyone active when they do something. I am involved in cheer, we do a lot for Washburn we try and get everyone to participate in any school activity we have. The dating scene im not to sure about because this is my first year so I have not really been around much. I don't have close friends yet but im sure I will get there. Some people I have met are on my cheer team. I heard Washburn is not known for their parties, at least that's what I have been told. What I would normally do on a Saturday night would probably go to the movies or out to eat. I don't go out much I have to much to lose. What I normally do off campus is practice cheering or study.

Coral

My classmates are easy to get along with, fun, energetic, willing to help you, and make great friends when you're homesick.

Dear high school senior Coral, When you get to college, notecards will be your best friends! You might take them as a joke in high school, but when you're trying to memorize hundreds of medical vocabulary, notecards are great! Going along with the studying habits, take full advantage of the library being open 24 hours, for five days a week. It'll be your second home on campus, and you'll always have someone you know there to study with. Socially, make friends early, and step out of your shy shell. People are going to realize how cool and awesome you are, regardless of how weird you really are. You might doubt going Greek now, but it's actually enjoyable, and your sisters are always pushing you to be your best, and wanting you to focus on your grades, since you're here for an education not a social life. Overall, your first semester of college is always the worst, but you'll get through it and realize that it's all worth it in the end! Keep your head up, and you'll be fine! Sincerely, College Coral

The thing I brag about the most when I tell my friends about Washburn, is the small campus and class sizes. WIth the small class sizes, I'm able to have a personal relationship with my professors, and they are willing to help you with your grades if you go and talk to them.

Washburn University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.