Topeka, KS
Washburn University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Washburn University

Caitlin

The dorms are a great place to live and are very nice compated to other schools I looked at.

I would tell myself to thank my high school teachers. The teachers at my high school pushed and challenged my class to prepare us for college. Without them I would not have been nearly as successful throughout my first three semesters of being a college student! I would also try to convince myself not be get anxious about moving away from home. Even though I knew it back then, it didn't actually sink in until I had lived by myself for awhile that I was ready to take control of my life and trust myself to make good life decisions. Reminding myself that there are other freshman that are in my same shoes that are moving to a new "home" without any friends and feeling the same things that I was would also have helped me. However, I think the most important thing I could say to myself would be to keep up the good work and continue to give my all in everything that I do. Because that's all I can ever ask or expect of myself.

The beautiful campus is a very friendly almost isolated little world all in it's own that is a great place to grow as an individual.

Vershon

If I could go back and give my self advice my senior I would tell myself to apply my skills more. My senior i really didnt apply myself to my capability and I know now that i could have done a lot better to be more prepared for college life now. I took my last year for granted and would tell younger students that college is a good experince but if you apply yourself now in high school college can be more fun and a lot skillful with the classes you take. It would also give you a better decision on what would you want to major in college. I would go to counciling office more and ask for options on what to do in college and encourage myself more to keep pushing even though school can get frustrating at times. I would be able to tell myself that college is not a joke it is a place of business and learning but at the same time you can have fun while learning.

I think the best thing at my school would be the college experience classes that you can take your first year in college. Taking one of these classes helps you get more involved with school and activities that go on atmy school. This class also help you better yourself in other classes and wanting to learn more. I think without taking this class I would be still confused about everything about washburn and where everything was .

If someone is not really trying to improve themselves shouldn't come to this school. It wouldn't be beneficial to others having a bad apple on school campus. At washburn I have seen some that has already left because school wasn't for them, but I think they shouldn't give up on school just go to our couciling services and ask for other options that would help them with their future

Molly

I feel like Washburn is well known for their nursing and law programs. They put ample amount of excellent lawyers and nurses each semester and have very good staffing in these professional areas.

I would first tell myself that working a part-time job during high school and saving the money for college was well worth it and to keep it up. As far as advice, I would tell myself to put more focus and time on the classes I took in high school and the first couple years of college that had significance for my major. I would also try to ease some of my anxiety I had with the transition of college by telling myself I have the intelligence and ability to pass each class I am about to take. To relieve the anxiety of the first set of college exams I would say the best thing to do going into an exam besides accurately preparing by studying, is to have confidence and tell yourself that you have studied, you are ready, and you have the ablity to answer each question.

Washburn is for students who want the "college experience" and feel of being on a real campus, but enjoy smaller classes and a small student to teacher ratio. Football games, basketball games, music concernts are all free to students! Washburn is also a good place for nontraditional students.

Misty

Choose a college for small class sizes, reputation, and cost. These will all affect your future the most. The small class sizes are extremely important in doing well in school. The reputation of the school decides whether or not you will be able to get a decent job once you are finished and the cost will determine how much you will be in debt by the time you graduate. I believe I picked the perfect school for me and wouldn't change a thing. I love Washburn University!

The small class sizes and personal atmosphere.

It is a private and small campus. It is comfortable and not as overwhelming as other campuses might be.

The advice a would give myself is to relax, breathe, and think about how great the experience is going to be and how to make it that way. I would tell myself to always be prepared to work hard and grow up because it is all on me to be responsible and focused. Being focused is key. If you are not focused it doesn't take long to fall behind and it will take a toll on you to catch up. No one is going to babysit you or make you go to class or study. Allow yourself time to do all of that. Space out and organize your time appropriately so that you are always on top and in control of things. When you are in control, you can enjoy your experience a lot more and won't be as stressed or overwhelmed with getting things done on time or having a clutter of things to do. Also, take advantage of the things offered to you like tutoring or couseling. It will only make yourself better and much more confident. Sometimes we need those things to succeed and get through things. Lastly, I would say just have fun.

It's somewhat boring and it takes a long time with admissions and registrar to get on the same page with you. It can be confusing.

Cody

I would tell myself to do exactly what I have done.

I would tell myself to do exactly what I have done.

That it's ranked in the Princeton Review as a top school. And, that it has the best business program in the state.

There's not much to say about the school that is bad.

Blake

Change is what college is about. It is something that allows you to creavtively, with a lot of studying and knowledge, change from high school to be ready for the real world. Gandhi said, "You must be the change you wish to see in the world." This is the motto from which I live by and when picking a University or a college have to keep in mind. What do the students who graduate from the location look like? What are they capable of doing? What products does this campus make? and Do you want to be that product? Not every campus has a well developed, stagnant graduate, this where sound judgement and the ability to specialize your vision of your college career come into play. Knowing how you, as an individual, work and what you need are two things that you have in the front of your mind. Find somewhere where you can feel yourself succeeding, and if you find some place that feels easy, you might take it, only if it fits you also. Lastly, you will find one, you just have to be looking for one. The change will happen, when you least expect it.

The size, it relates to the small classroom sizes, the personality of the teachers and the ability to be treated as a student not a number. The faculty and staff expect all students to do what they do good, that is why as a freshman, you may be the president of your orginization or have a big job in the student senate. The students and professors here know how to lift up each other and it becomes a positive, intense circle.

The most frustrating thing would have to be a mix of the town and the student population. Washburn in located in a great part of town and there is plenty of good things in this area, but the news shows a different side of Topeka, on other sides of town. Their are also a huge percentage of non-traditional students at the school and they tend to take away from the traditional students experience, but student goverenment and other orginzations pride themselves on providing well enough programs to suit the traditional population.

Bailey

Look at more than one college. One at first may not seem that great, but once you visit it that school could be the best place for you. Secondly, get involved. This allows you to make new friends that really come in handy during those tough times during Freshmen year. Thirdly, take chances. Take the time to explore new activities and find out what you enjoy and what you don't enjoy. This will allow you to get to know yourself better. Finally, don't let anything get in your way when it comes to working towards a certain goal. Obstacles include, negative friends, bad professors, difficult papers, and the list goes on. Keep pushing through. It's not supposed to be easy. If it was, then everybody would be doing it.

Someone who is motivated to reach their dream career.

Everyone is really friendly and the music program is great!

Kevin

Washburn is best known for it's law school. We have a building dedicated to pre-law and it is renowned throughout Kansas and much of the United States.

Washburn is a small university in the center of Topeka. It has a large variety of cultural activities and opportunities to make a make a name for oneself. The staff is always willing to give up time to help students, and to help them better understand the objectives. School spirit is something that our students strive for, and sporting events are a huge part of the social life here. We have great performing art programs along with the visual as well. There is always something going on here on campus.

First off, it doesn't have to be about where your friends are going. Think about what you're interested in doing with your life. Find a good, accredited school that suits your needs, and apply. For students who are unsure of what they would like to do, keep in mind that the first few semesters of college will be, for the most part, general electives. As a former "1st-time college student", I highly recommend living on-campus during your first year of college. It is an amazing way to learn more about yourself, and the fastest way to make new, life-long friends. Always have an open mind when it comes to campus activities and taking part in them. Living on your universities campus will also allow you to be closer to your classes for easier access to your professors and facilities, which I believe is very important during your first year. For anyone out there who is not planning to attend college, I urge you to reconsider. No matter what you plan to do with your life, there is a degree out there to help you along your path to success.

Robert

Most of them are pritty lame. I've met a few good ppl here but the town sucks. Everyone I know from this town are freaking douche bags.

Find a place you like to live then go to school there. The town and people are what makes your college experience. Stay away from Washburn!

The town that it's in. Topeka is the most ghetto town I've ever been to. The campus is right off the ghetto and most of the ppl are uptight assholes.

Washburn University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.