Takoma Park, MD
Washington Adventist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Washington Adventist University

Claudia

I would tell myself, make your high school career count, because before you know it, it will be gone. Your senior year in high school is the most important, do not slack off. But most of all, have fun and try your best.

My school is very helpful and motivational. Everyone knows everyone.

Alexis

I feel that I have learned more in my one year out of high school than I did in my four years in high school. It has been a great experience to be out on my own and attending college. I have learned how responsible you have to be in the adult world. It is so important to me to go to class and keep up on my homework and grades. The level of learning is a lot higher than that of high school. My professors do a wonderful job. I actually enjoy going to class and feel like I am working toward my educational goals. I am so grateful for the opportunities that attending college gives me. Each year I am a step closer to finishing my degree and bettering my life and the lives of those around me.

elizabeth

during my college experience i have learned that you have to make use of every opportunity you have. life is all about chances. it is good to take risk sometimes. being in college had open my life to great challenges and expectations.

the best thing about my school is that it is a christian school. and each of my classes we prayed before we start the lecture. that really inspire me a lot because in everything we do God should come first. also the lectureres are very nice and helpful. they want every student to understand what they are taught.

there is nothing frustrating about my school.

Janellie

I don't really associate with my classmates.

I don't really associate with my classmates.

As a senior in high school you tend to get sucked into the hype and competitiveness of the application process. The majority of students want to go to a highly recognized university, though at the time we hardly understand if it will be a good fit for our chosen career. I would tell myself to finish my basic studies first in a local community college. I will be saving thousands of dollars and it will also enable me to make the transition to real university life much smoother. I would tell my younger self that this will give me enough time to decide if the career I chose will still be a good choice to me after a year of taking introductory courses on that subject. Many community colleges have programs that seamlessly transfer you from their programs to that of a university for a degree. College life will be the best years of your life; it's a clich? because it's true. So I would tell myself that college life and making the transition from teenager to young adult life will make the best memories, but make sure you jump in with the best information by your side.

It allows me to fit school within my schedule and go at my own pace. I attend an online school Griggs University that is an option for working adults through Columbia Union College.

Sharice

There are three easy lessons to be learned in making the transition from high school to college as smooth as possible. The first of these lessons is to study. Classes will always be easier if you assume everything is harder than it really is. Studying for the simplest of test and quizzes only makes them that much simpler. The second lesson is to save. There is no mystery that college is extremely expensive. Going from high school to college consist of making new friends and familiarizing yourself with a new campus and new teachers. Worrying about finances is both stressful and unnecessary, saving eliminates the issue altogether. The third lesson is the trickiest of them all, prioritizing. With college comes freedom, there are no parents or guardians monitoring your every step. It is up to the student to study and go to class as opposed to watching television and partying.

The best aspect of Columbia Union College is it's location. The campus is wonderful but you rarely want to spend all your time stuck on campus. Columbia Union College is located next to popular eateries and is only minutes from the nation's capitol.

In coming to Columbia Union College, I wish I knew the best way to experience college fully is to live on campus. You meet new people and all the fun and excitement happens on campus.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to start practicing better study habbits. In high school, I found my classes easy so I rarely studied. But now that I am in college, I have found that just paying attention in class and doing the homework is not enough. You actually need to sit down and read the text, review your notes, and go to study sessions. I belive that if I would have known that coming into college, I would have done even better than I did my first semester. Thats why I have worked hard over Christmas break to learn some study tools to put into action for second semester.

I wish I had known about all the rules regarding worship in the dorm and the Wednesday convocations. Not being religious, it was a shock coming in and finding out I had to do all those things.

I brag about the fact that I have room to myself. I dont have roommate drama or issues to deal with.

Jonathan

The orchestra tours internationally and plays atleast twice a year at Carnegie Hall. Since I am a huge fan of both music and traveling/experiencing other cultures, it is a great experience.

Research careers and find one that's right for you. Talk with people in that field. When the teachers tell you this, it's not because they're trying to box you in, it truly will help you. You won't waste as much time in college wondering which way to go. Once you do this, set a goal and focus. Stop procrastinating, it just makes everything worse. If you need a break, take one, but use it wisely and be ready to go back and hit it hard. Find enjoyment in the work and the opportunity to learn and grow.

Lack of organization and bad cafeteria food.

Anita

My classmates are not only hard working individuals with an eye for success, but also dreamers with dedication to achieve those dreams.

The one factor that can make or break you as a successful student is whether or not you have a dream. Without a dream you will lack direction and purpose. I know this because my set back as a student was not having a dream to motivate me. What is the point of learing conversion factors or biology if you don't know what you will you use it for? The earlier you are able to figure out a path to follow, the better your chances are of staying on course. Without a dream there can be no future. In order to have a future you must invision it first! In addition to exploring different schools and careers, take the time to learn about yourself. Find out what motivates you. Give yourself the attention you deserve and find your purpose in life or at least dream a dream worth pursuing and everything else will fall in place.

I am very happy with my classes. Most of my teachers are challenging and devoted to my understanding of the material of the curriculum. What my school lacks is communication with the student body, orginization, and financial freedom. My school is in debt and it reflects upon the way the school is managed. In some classes, there are no materials to perform necessary labs. The school includes charges in the tuition that cannot be explained. Also, as this is an old instituion, necessary renovations have not been made.

Katya

I would advice that when applying for schools, they should worry more about what education they will recieve rather than the tution. For parents, I would advice them to support whatever decision their child makes. I would advice parents not to force their alma mater on their child. The parents might have recieved a great education, but it does not mean their child will. For students, I would advice them to apply to every university they believe is right for them. After getting accepted, compare the universities they applied to and pick whichever university they believe is the better. Follow your heart. After starting your first year, make friends and get involved in everything, when though you think you won't have time, get involved. I advice students not to only worry about studying all the time, go out and have fun. Keep your social life and education on a good levels. And if you feel like you're alone or anything, talk to your professors or your friends. Lastly, call your parents and/or family members; just because you're in college doesn't mean that your parents have forgetten about you.

The friendly people I can share my interests, thoughts, and I can talk freely about my religion without being judged.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that students who live in the dorms have a curfew. For those who don't have laptops or printers they are given 3 warnings for missing curfew for doing a school assignment.

Doris

I would advice students to make the most of their college experiece and to take their college responsibilites seriously. I would also advice students to choose thier friends wisely and to take thier college education seriously because on like high school they are paying for it. And what they make out of college can either help or hurt how the rest of their life.

I wish i had know it was required to take religion classes. I also wish i had know there was a curfew for students

A person who is outgoing and ready to see what is out there. A person that is open minded and focused about their educaction and whats something better for their life.

Washington Adventist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.