Washington and Lee University Top Questions

The best thing about my school is the sense of community. From the buzzing Greek life to the speaking tradition, everything about this school makes you feel like you're part of a family, but also something larger than yourself.

Philip

The students here are focused on school, but still know how to have a good time.

The incredibly high level of academic fervor and the coursework demands. Being a student here is not for the faint of heart. Students here know that they will be challenged by not only their professors but also their fellow students. The expectations are high and demand much sacrifice and serious studying. In the end, it all pays off with a wonderful, rounded education that is recognized by employers, agencies and companies around the globe.

Virginia

The best thing about my school is the honor code, in combination with the challenging academics. There is no such thing as an easy class, and your grades reflect the amount of work you put into each class. The best part is that you know every other student is working hard as well because of the honor code--- people do not cheat. In contrast to my high school, it is wonderful to be in an environment where you feel you are competing with other students, not their cheat sheets.