Washington College Top Questions

April

I wish I had known that freshmen year would be as important as it tuned out to be. I worked a lot during my freshmen year and missed out on a lot of opportunities.

Megan

Dear Prospective Students: Please remember that you are, upon entering college, an adult. This abstract idea is far more potent then you realize. You will no longer have someone to urge you to attend class, return home, or eat regularly. You will have to learn how to fill out W2s and actively get yourself involved. But remember, no matter how hard it is for you; this is all part of growing up, and it's as beautiful as everything else in your life is. Best Wishes, -Your Friendly Freshie

Eden

I wish that I had known exactly how hard some of the ciriculum is. I am also working fulltime while attending this college so I also wish that someone would have given me some strategies to balance my school work with job.

I wish I'd known that the college administration was trying to attract more freshman.

Elyse

Nothing, it has been a pleasant experience.

Elaine

There is very little to do in Chestertown itself, and I wish I had known that before I came to Washington College.

Jacki

There's nothing else I needed to KNOW, but there are some things I wish I had UNDERSTOOD. I knew the size of the school, and the size of the town, but I wish I had really UNDERSTOOD what that meant for my college experience. I knew the class sizes, and the gender ratio, but I wh I had UNDERSTOOD their significance. I don't know if I would have chosen differently with this understanding, but I would have definitely thought longer and harder.

Jon

I wish I would have known a little more about the emphasis on english related classes. Now I realized that this was a liberal arts college when i applied, but I wish that it was not so strongly recommended that students take an english class each year. I currently am majoring in biology and chemistry and would have liked to deal a little less with language and literature,