Calais, ME
Washington County Community College

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Washington County Community College

Deanna
Great small town feel!

Great small town feel!

I love this college. I feel like I matter to the teachers, they know my name, the staff always greets me when I come in through the doors. They answer my e-mails late at night on Saturdays and give me the feedback I need to continue my education in the right direction. The teachers are amazing, the staff is wonderful, and I'd recommend this college to anyone!

My school is best known for its small town, friendly atmosphere. Being a small school allows you to get to know your classmates and teachers. You will surely be sucked into a conversation atleast once while strolling down the hall to a class, or leaving the building. It's not uncommon to hear quite a few "hello's" on a daily basis. It made college seem far less intimidating when I first began, and the friendly atmosphere continues to keep my attitude towards school very positive.

Don't be such a loser. It seems harsh, but I truly wish I was more involved in my school. Instead of staying home, or bashing school events with my few friends (who seemed to think we were too cool), I wish I was the one at those events; the one enjoying high school while I had the chance. Word of advice, don't wish away high school. It may seem stressful, and horrible, and too much work, but wait until college sneaks up on you- you'll be stuck wishing you were back at that school you swore you hated with all your heart. Enjoy your family, your friends, your free time, because you won't be seeing much of any of them once you get into the "real world". You'll be too busy working, studying, doing homework, and folding the ten baskets of laundry you finally washed after a month of procrastination. Most of all, SAVE MONEY. Do you really need those $100 toms? You may think so now, but wait until there's no groceries in your cupboard, or your beloved car breaks down. There's so much I wish I had known in high school.

Before I came to this school, I wish I had known more people. Though I lived across the border in St. Stephen all my life, I knew very few people in Calais. After getting a job at Walmart in Calais the summer before school began, I met a few people, but I don't spend time outside of work with them. It would have made school far less stressful if I knew people going to the school before I started.

Washington County Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.