Marietta, OH
Washington State Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Washington State Community College

Julia

Overall, Washington State Community College is an okay place to take classes. Most of the teachers are devoted to their students' success and are willing to help them succeed by spending extra time helping them if necessary or directing them to places where they can get help. The cost of class is amazing and this is a wonderful place to get an associate degree for a lot less money than going to a bigger college.

Mercedes

Washington State is a great place to attend college if you want to take it slow, or have another life to tend to. It lacks culture, and the attendees lack interest outside of class. But what can you expect; it's community college! One thing I love about the school is that it isn't intimidating. Two buildings hold all classes and in every corner there is someone to help. The entire staff is very polite and it seems like everyone is more than willing to lend a hand in any way they can. It's a great environment if you're looking to get your classes done at a healthy pace for you and go about your life. So if that's what you need this school is just right for you.

Tishaunda

WSCC offers a great experience for those who are looking to further their education, get a associates degree, or simply save some money before heading off to a university. As a mother of three teenagers, time is a very valuable asset and Washington State Community College has allowed me to fit getting an education into my already busy life.

Clasey

Advice I would give my high school self was take school more seriously. I thought college was more for socializing and meeting new people, I wish I would have listened more in class so I could take full advantage of what I was learning. I could have taken my education so far if I had only buckled down more in some of my classes that I thought meant nothing. I also would have told my high school self to find a career before you leave college so you would not have to go back again. I graduated college and then figured out what I wanted to do, making me have to take more classes in order to be eligable for graduate school. I feel like it would have been easier if I had known what career path I wanted to take before I graduated.

Before I had attended Washington State Community College I wish I would have known that taking classes when you already have your Bachelor's degree means that you cannot get any financial aid. In order to recieve financial aid you have to be degree seeking and I just needed classes to apply for graduate school. So I worked two jobs while taking classes so I could afford the tuition. It was a challenge but I feel like it made me a stronger person in the end.

The kind of student that should attend Washington State Community College is a student who is trying to find out exactly what they want to do with their lives. Washington State is a great school for people who do not know what kind of career path they want to take yet. It offers multiple programs that can guide you to something you really enjoy doing. It also is a great school to begin your schooling to then transfer on to get your Bachelor's. There are so many options at Washington State and they can help you achieve your goals.

Delaney

Its a good school to go to and get your basic classes over with, but I encourage you to move away from home it helps people grow up.

I would tell myself that I should have left right after high school because I needed to get out of the area. Even though it was been nice to get my basic classes over with and save money while doing it. I wish I could have went after high school to get more of the high school experience.

I feel like no one working there ever really knows what they are talking about.

Melissa

Washington State Community College offers a variety of classes that students can take. The students can adjust their class schedule so that it will not conflict with their every day lives. The college offers 2 and 4 year degrees unlike many colleges that only offer one of the two. The college also offers items that the students can use such as gas cards that will help the students getting to and from school. This college has a medium amount of students which makes college classes easier because there is more one on one with the teachers.

Since I started attending Washington State Community College, I have experienced how the classes are ran and what the teachers expect from me. I have put all my effort into my classes and my grades reflect upon my work. I understand the difference between highschool and college since i begain attending. With college I have to put forth more effort and determination to complete my classes. With the experience I have recieved by participating in the classes and attending college I know what to expect when I transfer to Columbus State Community College where I will work towards obtaining my Veterinarian Technician Degree. Washington State Community College provided my basic classes that would prepare me for the classes I will be taking at Columbus College. Since I have taken these classes, when I attend Columbus College, I will have my basic classes which will put me ahead of schedule and will allow me to take my required classes in order to graduate.

A person that shouldnt attend this school would be someone who believes college is going to be a breeze. Washington State Community College strives on the success of their students. The students that attend this college are fully devoted to completing their work to the best of their abilities. They give 100 % and push themselves past their limits just to achieve their goals. A person who is considering attending this college should be prepared to put a full amount of effort into their classes. Otherwise the person will throw away their money and waste the teachers and colleges time.

brooke

i would say my school is best known for it's diversity in students and faculty. you can walk into any given class room and see people of all ages, and they all work together to help thier fellow classmates understand the material. the diversity in teachers and staff also vary. my English teacher is nearing 70, while my Childhood Eduaction Development teacher is only 30.

if i could go back and give myself advice about college and the transitions that are made , i would tell myself not to be bothered with those who are mean during high school. i would also tell myself to push. push until i exceed above the class, but to also help those that fell behind make it to the top. as for the transition to college, i would remind myself to be persistant and that sometimes things dont always go the right so you have to find a way to fix them. i would tell myself that college isn't really any different than high school, academically. it just takes alittle self control and time management. but most of all, i would tell myself that college isn't as frightening as i thought that it would be, and that i should be proud of myself because im 17 and in college.

i think that the worst aspect about my school is that they hardly ever close. i believe that should be considered a saftey issue because they only allow so many absences and many of the students are required to drive a decent distance to get to the school

Washington State Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.