Washington State University Top Questions

Timothy

I attend a branch campus so the student demographics are not the same as those at the main campus in Pullman. About of my classmates are middle age adults who are either returning to school after a career in the military or another proffesion or taking individual classes to better prepare them for further promotions or job opportunities. The other half of the students fall into the more traditional college student mold. They range in age from 18-25 and enjoy the same things that students at other universities enjoy.

Alayna

They are more focused and determined to succeed than my classmates in high school.

Ruth

The students here are very well known as "party animals" but truth is people really are here to study and graduate college and move on and the grades they get are actually really important. If you walk into a library you will see tons of frat guys and sorority girls everywhere.

Tiana

My classmates at Washington State University are always very helpful.

jacqueline

they respect your space and are very friendly to help you out when you're in trouble.

Rutger

My classmates are young men and women who are striving to improve themselves and have a positive impact upon the world and their families through life experiences and educational opportunities.

Melissa

My classmates are eccentric and hard working.

no

Shelby

Classmates, are some of the nicest and welcoming people I have ever encountered.

JEFFREY

My class had some really talented peers whom have now gone on now to become so successful, they now own their own firms.

Lori

Undergraduate classes consist of many young and high school students, low maturity rate. Graduate classes are much older students, but generally more considerate and thoughtful.

Christine

WSU is a public university, so it is expected for it to house students from differing economic backgrounds, religious backgrounds, social backgrounds and academic backgrounds. On a graduate basis, the university specializes in veterinary medicine, hospitality, business and communication. However, one over-arching theme is a sense of community. Pullman is a small town and therefore is tight-knit. Walking on campus people will say "good-morning" to people they have never met, help anyone having a problem and make a point to interact with other social groups. It is hard to say any student at WSU is a stranger because we all come from the same Cougar family. If you are concerned about finding a niche, don't be because there is a place for everyone.

Yixuan

Friendly and warm-hearted. Students are studying very hard no matter when there are exams coming soon or not.

Lizet

My classmates had an eagerness to learn and help others.

Krystal

At WSU my classmates are often very helpful. I have yet to have a class where I don't make at least a few friends. I rely on them in times where I have to miss class or don't understand the material. It's always nice to know I have others going through the same thing as me. I love being in a class where I can tell everyone is pumped and full of energy. Many of my classes are full of people certified and excited about their education which is helpful to my motivation as well.

Kathleen

Classmates were attentive, supportive and cooperative.

Michelle

Strive for the best during the day, some party at night, some don't.

Andrew

My classmates were friendly and helpful.

My classmates are fun, intrigued, lazy, typical, hardworking, dedicated, not easily described in one sentence...diverse

Desiree

My classmates are very focused in becoming health care providers (exercise physiologist and/or dieticians), we are a close knit class of 11 students and are all hard workers and willing to help each other out in a very competitive program.

Sam

Interesting, but more interested in "college" than in school, also they enjoy fun and drink often.

Bethany

My classmates aren't neccessarily at college for the college experience, but rather just to get their degree.

Corinne

My classmates are fun, energetic, and goal oriented people.

James

The majority of my classmates are partiers, spending too much time drinking every night and complaining about how hard their classes are during the day.

WSU students are full of life and ready to learn.

Megan

My classmates here are ready to help me learn and are willing to ask for help when they need it, which creates a learning environment that allows for everyone to do the maximum learning.

Brianna

Generally focused, as the majority I see are in the same major and looking to certify soon, however many don't take it serious enough.

Alot of them never come to class unless there is a quiz or an exam and others are there every day.

Hannah

Friendly, to a apoint with a lot of love for our school but not a lot of commitment to the responsibility and commitment that college is.

Alice

My classmates are productive mature people whos going to college to better themseleves.

Wendy

My classmates are all unique individuals who have dreams and aspirations that drive them to challenge themselves with courses and activities that help them grow and prosper as future adults.

Lianna

My classmates are from all different backgrounds and ecomonic situations

Michelle

My classmates are ussually helpful, kind, and understanding of different perspectives.

Paula

My classmates are very diverse by age as well as backgrounds.

Tiffany

My classmates are my biggest support. They are the only ones that truly understand the hard work that goes into the program that we are in. We all helped one another this last semester to get through with flying colors, making sure no one was left behind. I have only about 19 classmates, and I would not trade them for any other group of people. We are proud of our school and the accomplishments we have thus far achieved. They are my rock, my friends, and currently my life.

Rick

My classmates are diverse are largely likable.

Scott

My classmates are very social and generally focused on their studies.

Lisa

Most students at WSU seem inquisitive, thoughtful, sincere, perseverant and committed.

Crystle

I enjoy the freedom to express my views with other students who are open-minded and fair.

My classmates tend to be very engaged in the classes that are within their field of study, but when they are taking general education classes they are less focused. They are very friendly though, always take the time to talk to people in your classes, form study groups, and make new friends. Cougars are known for being nice and welcoming - we have to be out in Pullman, no one wants to get lonely out here!

Tomara

Stick with their friends instead of meeting new people.

Ian

My classmates are balanced. They seem to have a good balance of school work, jobs, social life, exercise, etc...

Ian

The class mates at WSU are freidnly, supportive and fun though it depends on your major and the people within it.

Natalie

The classmates are friendly and are eager to form studying groups if you're looking.

Naomi

My classmates are rowdy and fun-loving on the weekends, but do work hard at school during the week because they know what they want and know that's the only way to get there.

Jamie

All of my classmates have been nothing but very friendly and supportive.

My classmates are diverse, there isn't usually a day when I haven't laughed in a class at least once; we all like to have fun, but we're all here to get an education.

Ralph

friendly people I see a lot because we usually all have the same major.

Deirdre

My classmates are studious and somewhat outgoing.

Teddi

Friendly usually and willing to help you out.