Washington State University Top Questions

Will

I brag about Ferdinand's Ice Cream nearly every day. We have our own creamery right on campus where we make cheese and Ice Cream, and Ferdinand's Ice cream is the richest and most flavorful Ice Cream I've ever tasted. A perfect summer day is always made with Ferdinand's, and it's a shame most other colleges don't get that experience.

Tiana

I always brag about the school spirit.

Tori

That the school is very friendly and they have a lot of school spirit

Rutger

Washington State University is a positive learning environment. I am encouraged to ask questions by my instructors. My instructors help guide me in the learning process. Living in the dormitory has given me the opportunity to meet new friends and to learn about other cultures. We have the most awesome recreational center where I can play basketball, lift weights, and participate in intermural recreational opportunities. I feel safe at Washington State University.

I like to tell them about how much school spirit there is, how challenging all my classes are, and how comfortable and spacious my dorm room is.

griselda

what i brag the most to my friends when im talking about my school is the great campus that it offers and all the majors and minors that are offered to every stident.

Aliya

When I brag about my school I talk about how I attend a Division 1 university and that we are also a top research university as well.

When I tell my friends about WSU I brag about how perfectly it encompasses the college experience. This school manages to provide a great education while providing a wonderful place to meet and interact with new people on a daily basis. Every kind of person attends WSU and there is nothing you can't do here. The sporting events are always exciting, the parties are amazing, and the things to do are endless. And in the end the degree earned is incredibly meaningful.

Ulises

I brag about the great teachers who are always willing to help us learn. All of them have open office hours because they want to help us and I think that is great.

I brag most about how open and accepting some of the students here are -- I mostly spend time in the student union building, where there is an entire floor for race/ethnicity centers and the gender identity/expression sexual orientation resource center, and all of the people there are incredible.

melissa

I really enjoyed the campus, the feel of the old buildings created a traditional atmosphere. I also liked that everything was within walking distance. The history of the campus made me feel as though I was a part of something old and wondorous. Fall was my favorite time of year, all the trees were gorgeous. The campus sits on a hilltop so you got lots of exercise too!

I am a cougar and proud of it! I am attending one of the 2 only schools in Washington State that has an approved Architecture program from the NAAB.

The campus is great! It's designed well, easy to navigate, and has a lot of places where you can study with friends or alone.

Washington State has a fantastic Communications school. It's one of the most prestigeous in the world. I'm very grateful to be going here.

Theodore

I brag about the accessability of the instructers and their willingness to help the student. I also brag about how the institution pushes the student to succeed in all aspects of their studies.

The AMAZING recreation center, which is free of charge to all students (in reality everyone enrolled at WSU pays a fee that is included in tuition). This gym has 6 basketball courts, raquet ball courts, an indoor soccer/skating rink, weight rooms, a swimming pool (shaped like the state of Washington even!), a 50-person hot tube, and a plethora of exercise equipment.

How much fun we have!

There is so much school spirit here - it is infectious! On home game weekends, the parking lots on the periphery turn into RV lots because our small town doesn't have enough hotels to put up the tens-of-thousands of people who attend the games. Everywhere you go, even off campus and out of state, people love the Cougars, and often if I'm wearing a WSU shirt, I hear "Go Cougs!" It is a large enough school that I feel there are plenty of academic and social options, but it is small enough to personally interact with professors.

I like to talk about the new people that I have met and the adventures I have had. I love to tell stories about the college. The tall buildings and night life are amazing.

There is a lot that I brag to my friends about going to Washington State University. Mostly I brag about the atmosphere and education. The atmosphere is relaxing and it helps make working on homework, studying, and working out. The education that is taught at this school makes individuals what to dig deeper into new subjects that are discussed in lectures and how the knowledge can apply to life. These attributes to this school is what I brag to my friends the most.

My classes have only about 25 students

Brant

I would say how the campus is put together, and how Washington State University offers just about anything as far the majors are concerned. As far as the campus in put to together,Washington State is condensed to most of your classes are within walking distance. The faculty as also more than willing help.

To be honest i'm not one to brag but Washington State University has one of the best known communication schools in the country, which was also one of the reasons I choose to come to WSU in the first place. WSU also offers a student run cable and radio station which is open to anyone who wishes to join. The friends I have met here though are usually what I brag about when talking to my friends at home. The friends I have met here are ones I plan to stay friends with for life.

Alyson

When talking about Washington State University the thing that I brag about is our school spirit. One thing I love about going here is how much everyone loves being a Cougar. Even though we are not the best at sports, we are brought together by the fact that we are all Cougars. You can go anywhere around the United States and if you see a fellow Coug and say, "Go Cougs" and it will be said back to you.

Pullman, Washington is awash in a sea of crimson and grey. The school spirit engulfs not only students and faculty, but is unabashedly displayed by every community member on the east side of the state. They say that by the time a student leaves this place out on the dusty hills of the Palouse, they will always and forever bleed the crimson red of Washington State University. This Coug spirit never dies. And for Heaven's sake, beat the Dawgs!

Jamerika

That I am in the Edward R. Murrow College of Communication majoring in Broadcast News and Production.

Aurora

It's easy.

The mens basketball teams and any other sports teams that are doing really well.

Nothing. That the Public Safety people and the custodians are really nice.

Tremaine

A lot of my friends ask me about my school and I just tell them it is wonderful and I am glad I chose this University because it best fit my personality. I do admit that I brag about the classes that I am taking because the professors and Teachers aids care about you and how you do in that particluar class if you make in effort to prove that you want that help. But the professors are nice and they care unlike many that are their to teach and thats it.

Ferdinands.

We have so much fun, everyone loves being here. Nothing can explain what it is like and how amazing life is. We are Cougars and it is a feeling that is impossibly to describe, we get along and look out for each other. If your car gets stuck in the snow complete strangers will help you out. People don't judge on appearances, youcan be in sweats with messy hair and people don't even bat an eye.

I tell my friends most about the very strong greek system on campus. I also tell friends about a great rec center, and the research lab I have been working in.

The high standards of conduct and excellence that is apparent when you really get to know those attending WSU Tri-Cities. The nursing program has the highest percentage of students passing the NCLEX exam (upon completion of the program) throughout the state of Washington. Also, there is a camaraderie among the students of this school that is unmatched, and a loyalty to defend it under any scrutiny. You will see no one as proud to display their school logo as those students, both past and present, that have attended and are attending Washington State University.

How much fun it is here. WSU is a lot of fun. May activites are going on. If you are 21, the bars are amazing. If you are not, the University will put something on to entertain the students. Up all Night, a concert, anything. There is always something going on here and it is a blast. Me, being 21, Iike to brag about the bars. They always have fun actitives to put on for us too. Wing night, Taco tuesdays, ect...Always a blast, always fun!

The sunny blue skies almost every day, or that my classes are fun rather than stressful. I feel like I learn a lot more here because the classes are more hands on and less test oriented.

Breanna

The people are awesome and friendly.

How much cool stuff there is on campus; we have many that other universities don't have. Also how nice the campus is and how much I enjoy my classes

Mostly about the school spirit and pride it takes to be a Cougar. It is something you have to experience for youself to genuinely understand. This school is such a tight knit community it brings a togetherness like I have never known, and becomes your new home sooner than you probably expected. Pullman, and Washington State University represent what the college experience is all about.

I brag most often about the availability of the staff, how well established their departments and programs seem to be and the ease of acceptance into a top university.

The Men's Crew Team.

WSU is a very fun place to go to college and the parties are great!

Dustin

When I tell my friends about my school, I always brag about how I can order books from the WSU libraries online, and they will ship them to me free, and give me a box and postage to ship them back for free. I can browse the WSU library database from home and find the books that suit my class needs. I think that it is one of the most surprising and helpful features I have found.

Really good Communications program, #3 in the nation I believe. It's easy to make friends here because it's a smaller campus. Partying is a big thing, but administration is trying to focus more on acedemics. There's a ton of Cougar pride!!! There's always something going on because we love cougar sporting events.

I tell my friends that I have never encounterd such a place where everyone is extremely friendly and just wants to have a memorable college experience. The opportunities are endless, and the school spirit is so great that no words can describe it. There is a saying that no one can ever truly understand what it means to be a Coug until you experience it for yourself. Nothing could be more true.

Renee

school spirit and college town feel, parties

Seth

That we are COUGARS!!!!!!!!!

Melody

The quality of instruction. The professors are phenomenal.

Bryan

School pride/spirit, the starry-eyed undergraduates who have high asperations to learn and contribute, and the life long friendships.

Cougar Men's Basketball going to the Sweet 16 last year; my science classes are amazing too!