Nashville, TN
Watkins College of Art Design & Film

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Watkins College of Art Design & Film

Janesha

Honestly, it’s the best film school in the US. With its advance equipment and it’s on hands learning, students are instantly in such a safe and wonderful environment. They provide us with opportunities since day one. And the staff makes you feel safe because how much they show you that they care about your education and growth as an individual.

Micah

The school is bestt known for their programs, students from here have won multiple awards and have been in countless shows. Our professors have graduated from some of the best schools; and the teacher to class ratio allows them to focus on every student individually.

As much as it would have been helpful to have someone there to guide me through senior year, I would not go back in time to do so. Not because of some cliche, where there would be a paradox that could mess with time-space continuum and ruin everything (which is valid), but because senior year is supposed to consist of struggles and life changing decisions. Every experience is independent, and to change that is only to conform to someone else's standards of what life one should have. If one does not feel comfortable on a team or is just not the competitive type, they should not feel obligated to "try a sport". If one has a job to support their family or so they can look beautiful for prom, they should not feel obligated to "be in a club". I know multiple authority figures who cannot be punctual or spend too much time on one student during an art critique, so why should one master time management by the end of high school? My only advice is try the hardest you can, and if you fail that means you are growing into a person who will be somebody.

The amount to go here while, very cheap (for an art school) does not compensate for the fact that everything is out of pocket as far as supplies and food.

Zachary

Watkins is one of the few film schools in America and Watkins has one of the best. In fact, 50% of incoming freshmen are film majors. Its a great school with insightful instructors.

Hey, buddy, I know you're freaking out, but take it easy. Take this semester off. You'll feel better with a little break. You can go hang out with David on campus and make some friends, get to know what goes on there. You know, scope it out. High school was pretty bad, some serious stuff went down, but college is going to be way different. You'll have to work your butt off, sure, but you'll feel so much more relaxed. You'll feel like you can do it. And you can. Go for it, buddy!

The best thing about Watkins is the relaxed atmosphere. It's really condusive to creativity, which, for obvious reasons, is the best thing you can have at an arts school. The film department, which is what I'm studying in, does need a little more structure because it is a very collaborative art, but even then its left open. Its a great atmosphere with a very supportive community.

samantha

As a single mother I felt stuck. Not being able to take care of your kids financially is the worse feeling in the world. That's when I decided to go to college. Unfortunatly I chose the wrong college to attend.I was expecting many job opportunities with my Associates Degree but I was dead wrong. I havent had a steady job since I graduated in 2004. My sister told me that the medical field is high in demand and that I should try going to college again. Reluctantly, I decided to go back to college and this time I am trying the medical field. I filled out an application with Sullivan University it looks like I have a chance afterall. The staff has been very prompt and reassuring . They have helped me understand how valuble my services will be needed. My son has ADHD so the online classes really help too. My first class starts very soon and I hope this will be an experience I will never forget and neither will my kids.

Chelsea

So far, I have learned to motivate myself in ways I had never anticipated I might. Each semester I have taken 15, 16, or 18 hours of classes, along with a part time job (sometimes 2, depending on the season), while being a member of the Sea Scouts of America. This semester I even directed a play! Throughout much of this, I have had to take care of my own needs, balance my time, and beyond all things perservere. Even as some of my classes challenged me in ways that I found new, uncomfortable, and even vexing, I had to motivate myself. Small though it may seem, I feel that this may be the most important lesson I will learn throughout my entire college career.

Myrna

intellegence and great folks

intellegence and great folks

It has changed my life!! I returned as a mature student and found a whole new life waiting for me. It expanded how I view my world and how I engage in it. I feel that my position in it is one of changing it as much as I can, to make it more hospitible, greener, helping those who need it and to become involved! I am compelled to become involved in my environment, my community, my world. It has changed my world and I am so grateful for this opportunity. I am presently in graduate school to continue education. My wish is for every person to experience higher education!

John

I would tell myself that life isn't one big party and that I should listen to friends and family when they tell me how important school and studying really is. I would teach myself better ways to save money as opposed to just spending it all the time, and that if I do need to buy something really think about how important it is. All in all if I could go back 5 years and talk to myself I would mostly get the point across that I need to wake up and realize that life is happening and it doesn't stop. That I need to grow up and stop living in a fantasy world where I'm the most important person and whatever anyone says to me isn't worth listening. I would tell myself that school should have been and should be my number one focus.

I wish I had a better understanding of drawing and the fine arts in general. I'm a film student at an art college where some of my required classes are visual art classes. I wish I had spent more time in high school appreciating and participating in the visual arts. By doing this I wouldn't have struggled through some of my classes like drawing and 2-D design. However learning how to draw and paint at this stage in my life has made me want to learn and contribute more to the fine arts.

The kind of person that should attend school should be someone who has the determination and drive to be there and succeed. Someone who is capable of being independent and taking the initiative to be there on time and ready to learn everyday. I have seen a lot of people fail at school just because they didn't have the drive to wake up and go to class. The right person to attend school won't take it for granted, because they are aware of how much school costs and will treasure what they're getting out of it.

Karen

Watkins College of Art and Design has a small population, which allows the faculty to closely give individual attention that is needed for any art program. The school not only focuses in depth on the major of your choice, but also encourages students to explore other venues of art for more inspiration. The curriculum is what originally drew me towards this school.

As a high school senior, I had no idea what all college had to entail. I only knew that I wanted to further my education. From what I've learned now in college, I know that it is important to prepare yourself. I would have adviced myself to appreciate both time and money. Time management is one of the most important skills you should learn before college. I wish that I had received better tips on time management before entering college. I is also important to appreciate the times you have to relax and spend with family and friends. I have also realized the value of working for your money. As someone who is working hard to pay for school, I would advice myself to start saving money for college early. College is more expensive than I first realized. In addition, the transition from high school to college is sometimes a shock. I would advice myself to have more self confidence and learn decision making skills. Even though I had the support of my parents, I quickly had to learn to make decisions for myself and my future and have the confidence to follow my goals.

Small campuses do have their downfalls. The worst thing about this school is the lack of organizations or clubs to get involved in and form relationships with other students and the community. Having a small population, it is a little easier to form relationships with other students, but I miss having those clubs that help form even closer relationships and allow you to get more involved in both the school and the community.

Robert

Urban campus with correct classes offered and emphasis on what is required for my chosen field.

Enroll in college directly after High School graduation. Follow the path that you are passionate about. Get started; you can change your degree interest later, if necessary, but get started early.

Watkins College of Art Design & Film administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.