Sugar Grove, IL
Waubonsee Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Waubonsee Community College

Josephine

Waubonsee Community College is an amazing campus. The campus is beautiful, giving it a real university feel. The diversity is also something that is apparent and is awesome. Academics are stellar. Their programs and clubs are very much involved in social settings and provide great volunteer opportunities.

Caili

I love Waubonseee! At first I was not sure about going to a community college because all my friends went away to college, but I made the right decision because the class sizes are awesome and the teachers are very well educated and are willing to help you get your degree. I love this college and would recommend it to anyone who is not wanting to leave away from home. It is also affordable, I will be leaving Waubonsee with no debt because I am a part time worker and a full time student and I was able to pay for two years without anyone's help, no parents and no loans. And I thank Waubonsee Community College for that.

Abigail

Our school is most known for the quality of the education for the cost. Most of the professors here also teach at four year Universities too, like Aurora and NIU. It is awesome because we are getting the same education as students at those universities for a lot less money.

If I could travel back in time and talk to my high school senior self, I would tell myself that going to a junior college is not something to be ashamed of. I would actually advise myself to go the junior college rout. Although I was mentally ready to leave the house and live on my own at a four year university, financially, junior college is the best rout for any student, especially myself. I would tell my senior self that I should be proud that I earned the grades that I did and that going to college at all was something to be proud of. I would also tell myself that the competition at NJCAA level of softball is still completely different than high school and that I should extremely proud to be able to play at the next level because a lot of athletes don't make it this far. I really wish I could travel back in time to tell myself to be proud of all of my accomplishments and not to hide them from anything.

I brag about our facilities. We have amazing buildings, classrooms, sport complexes. We have nicer facilities than a lot of four year schools. Our campus is also very big for a junior college, we are bigger than a lot of four year schools.

Maria

They basically act like high school students and I believe this to be true.

They basically act like high school students and I believe this to be true.

It's basically like high school. A lot of the young students are with their cliques or the people that they already know. People keep to themselves and are usually there to get the work done and leave.

Depending on the class and the professor, they can be either very difficult and demanding or very easy requiring a minimum amount of work.

David

If I were able to travel back to my senior year, what advice would I give myself? It is hard to say, as the mistakes I have committed have already happened by then. It would be far to late to motivate him to do better his high school GPA, he cannot commence in a four year institution with such poor grade point average. All I would be able to say is to start early sign up for courses now, do not wait up till the Fall. I would also mention some helpful resources like khan academy along with a motivational preach. However, there is something besides college life that I would like to warn him about. It is about the lost of a precious friend, man’s best friend. I would say to part as much time as possible to him and enjoy all the moments he would have with him. That would be worth all the while.

Waubonsee Community College is the perfect choice for students like myself who need a second change. High school is the time where grades truly matter, but once in a while growing students like myself encounter problems such as depression while entering stages of development. Depression clouded my path from what truly matters. However, at Waubonsee I have redeemed myself with honorable grades, which I need for acceptance to higher standing universities. Waubonsee is the place for change and growing.

Morgan

Waubonsee is a wonderful school because it allows you to discover what you're interested in pursuing academically without having to pay astronomical tuition. There are plenty of night classes, weekend classes, and online classes for people who have busy schedules, and it's easy to go full time or part time. Many of the classes at Waubonsee transfer to four year universities if you're interested in attending one after your Waubonsee education, too.

The best thing about Waubonsee are the excellent teachers. The teachers here are invested in their student's success and want to help you in any way they can. The counselors here are also very helpful when you need to figure out which classes to take.

Marcos

Make the right choices in choosing the best college for your major and stay driven with my education and never give up on any classes that come my way.

Someone that is driven about there education.

Claudia

Well, compared to high school and Waubonsee Community College was that Waubonsee is "immature" free. Usually in High school, there was always drama and people picking on you for no reason. In Waubonsee, now I do not want to sound too naive, but people in Waubonsee are more interested in studying, completing their schoolwork, and trying to figuring out what career path they wanted to take. Sure, there are a few immature people in Waubonsee, but I studied Waubonsee for over a year and I feel great walking though the doors there. I have no issues with the other students.

The best advice I would give to myself is do not give up. There are times where I feel down and when I feel down, I cannot go on. However, if I kept going I will accomplish something in my life. It is very important to not give up because if you do then you are wasting your life away. It is like you have no sense of purpose. My purpose is to accomplsih my goals and succeed in what I do. I wanted to major animation because I love to draw, paint, and most of all, I would love to create my own animated movie and/or television show. If I just give up, then that dream would never happen. Life isn't going to come knocking on your door and say, "Hey, here is your degree," or "Hey, wanted to work with Disney Pixar?" I have to make my way and earn my degree and my future career with the step I took to accomplish my dream. My high senior me would definently be excited to get out of high, however, when you are out of high school, you are on your own: life is full of surprises.

I mostly brag to my friends was when I have a lot of homework to do. I would tell them that I feel a little overwhelmed and a little stressed, however, I always look that the brighter side. I know I will pass the class with a good score. I may brag how great Waubonsee is, but I mostly brag about the professors. Now, there was nothing dire about them; the professor in Waubonsee Community College were excellent, especially a professor that knows their materials very well and is very passionate in teaching for what they majored.

Rebecca

My classmates are unique individuals who range in age, ethic background, and style.

If I could magically go back in time and talk to myself about college and the tranistion, I would tell myself to not be so nervous and that everyone is trying to do the same thing I am in the world. I would tell myself to not stress out about the money to pay for college, because, let us face it, I already know I am going to be in debt for a long time because of college. I would tell myself to chill out about Waubonsee, and just because it is a community college does not mean it is not a real college.

I wish I would have known that sometimes, you do not need to buy books everyday. For the first day of school, that no one brings anything to class, and to relax, because everyone going to Waubonsee is in the same boat as you and they aren't there to judge. They are there to go to school, get their courses done to go on and do whatever they plan to do next, just like me.

Yesenia

Well it's close to home and is much much more affordable than other schools I considered. They have a pretty good staff and the campus keeps getting updated to meet the needs of the students.

If I had the opportunity to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would probably tell myself to keep up the good work. Since my highschool days, I have kept the same good academic habits that I've always had. I would tell myself that I am definitely on the right track to becoming successful in life and that all my hard work will pay off someday. However, I would advise myself to put just a little bit more effort into some of my work and apply for a lot of scholarships! In high school, I worked hard but sometimes I would think, "That should be enough." I only applied for two scholarships, and I was lucky to get one really good one. "So, Yesenia, if you really want to make it to New York one day, all you have to do is put in 110% in everything you do and go after those scholarships! Don't be afraid to try something different and take a chance!"

Probably the price of tuition and the fact that there are so many people available to help you with just about anything.

Waubonsee Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.