Pewaukee, WI
Waukesha County Technical College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Waukesha County Technical College

Cheri

I absolutely love the teachers and their willingness to see me succeed in my personal goals! However, some of their online classes could be better including the use of more scholarly content and the knowledge of the instructor about how to use the host website. Nevertheless, in the classroom, I have found the teacher to be incredibly knowledgeable.

Katelyn

I really enjoyed my experience here! The teachers were very educated in their area of study, easy to get a hold of either through email or office hours, and are invested in your education from beginning to graduation. The campus is beautiful, very safe, and easy to navigate with very friendly staff and students. They set up great events for students that are free most of the time with student I.D. and offer services for low income students, such as campus cupboard (a large bag of groceries once a week), a coat drive (free coats for students in need), and many more opportunities for assistance. Also, the college is extremely affordable compared to other colleges in the area and they work with companies in the area for graduates to be employed after college. Personally, I changed majors after I graduated, however, the jobs I did apply for delighted to see I was a WCTC graduate. The only reason I gave 4 stars is because it is very difficult to book an appointment with your assigned academic advisor. In my experience, I needed to meet with my advisor the most during the beginning of the semester when classes started and getting an appointment was virtually impossible . I understand that other students are also in need of a meeting, however, appointments couldn't be made until 3 weeks later, drop-in hours wouldn't line up with students schedules, there would be miscommunication between the receptionists and the advisors, and sometimes it felt like the advisor wasn't well versed in what the specific major required. Overall, I am very happy that I chose to go to school here and would highly recommend to anybody considering going to college for the first time or returning to college.

Austin-Marie

While I am a new student who hasn't even attended a class I can say that the campus is beautiful and the nursing academic advisor is amazing to work with. Every time I have gone there or called to ask questions everyone has been so nice and helpful. They even go out of their way to ensure I have the correct information and am all set for classes this spring. Not to mention I am a full time student and my tuition fee is very small compared to other colleges.

Jaleesa

Being a pregnant and a single mom of 2, every single staff member (from admissions to each professor) want a to ensure my success. They go above and beyond to work with me and they take extra time to help me with whatever they can. Accommodations is a life saver as well! The work is challenging and they do an amazing job with relating the courses to the career path you're interested in. This school is amazing! It was the best decision I've made!

Sawyer

Small class sizes, nice campus, a lot of new updates and technology available. Not much going on for campus life though, since there is no campus housing and it's mostly people going back to school to get a degree. Overall, it's nice for those who want to get through school quickly.

Miranda

More information on which classes would transfer to a four year and which generally don't transfer.

Not many clubs I would be interested in, not the best exercise facility. No on-campus housing, however the school is more focused on providing academics to returning adults and others looking to get a good education for a lower cost than a traditional four year.

Brooke

As a former business professional of fourteen years, I know that employers seek professionals that have integrity and work ethic. The skills and knowledge base obtained from an undergraduate degree are just the start of a career path. Undergraduate years should be used as practice for life. Figure out a study schedule, a work schedule, a fitness schedule, and a fun schedule that works for you. Make goals and prioritize to achieve them. Most importantly, work hard. Work hard and make the most of this education – take advantage of the many opportunities the college has to offer. If you are not achieving academic success, act early. Talk to instructors, professors, advisors, tutors. Find campus resources that will help. Change your study habits. Do whatever you need to do to be successful. The next four years will fly by. Take it seriously, but make sure to enjoy yourself as well. Figure out how to balance fun and hard work now - this will directly transfer into a job and life after college. Learn as much as possible, both inside and outside of class, and prepare well for a career that is impactful, inspirational, and fulfilling.

I wish I had known how much work the nursing program was really going to be. There is a ton of reading that needs to be completed every night. It was very hard to hold a job and complete my assignments. If I had know how challenging it was going to be, I would have saved all the money I could prior to starting the program so that I would not need to work as many hours.

The academic rigor of the nursing school is incredibly challanging. It takes hard work and dedication to be successful.

Michelle

The class sizes are all very small so it's very easy to get personalized help if you need it. I don't feel like I get lost in the crowd like you would at a larger university.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that life won?t always turn out as planned, but everything happens for a reason. In high school I had a plan; four years of college, dream job, married by 24, and kids by 26. I found out quite quickly that life doesn?t always happen as planned. I?m about to be 25; I have a BA-Journalism & Mass Communication, no dream journalism job, no husband, and no kids. I?m back in school for my second degree and though it?s frustrating, I know things will turn out for the best in the end. I believe my first degree, coupled with my second degree will make me a stronger player in the workforce. I hope to land my dream job in the next couple years, and then will work on the marriage and family. It?s important to be a strong independent woman and not to depend on men for my happiness. These are things I wish I could have told myself when I was 18; it would have saved myself from a lot of stress and heartache.

The bookstore is located in the center of the campus and you can only get to it by walking from the parking lot which is quite far away, and in winter, this is NOT fun!

Latia

WCTC is a great place to obtain a degree! The atmosphere is very warm and welcoming and the educational experience is top quality. WCTC is a very hands on college and there very helpful and supportive of there students. Their mission is to provide accessible careers and technical education to strengthen our community through life long learning and I must say that do just that!

All of my classmates are very determined and hard working also very friendly and out going.

If I could go back into time and be a senior again there are alot of things I would've done differently. I would've filled out grants and sholarships and done more community service. I would've taken all adavanced placement classes. Not only will that have helped me become a better college student it also would've helped with tution cost. Also I wouldn't have to take course classes in college which means I would graduate earlier. Word of advice would be to stay focused , never give up , work hard and be postive and determined. You can do anything you put your mind too as long as you believe and work hard you will achieve. No matter if no one else believes in you or supports you do it for a better future and life. Education is the key to the doors of life!

Colleen

I would go back and tell myself to listen to my heart and follow my own dreams for my life. I wouldn't be as influenced by others opinions of what I should do or which path I should follow. I have stayed at home the past 10 years with my children and now am looking to follow my own dream and pursue a career in nursing. I would give myself the same advice I would give my children. Find something that gives you a sense of enjoyment, accomplishment, and the ability to make a difference in the world.

Waukesha County Technical College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.