Goldsboro, NC
Wayne Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wayne Community College

Very diverse people from all backgrounds nd ages , there is a push in being involved and they hold lots of festivities seems like no one ever goes to be honest . i haven't ever went they try to what they can but the college itself just doesnt care for involvement no type of sports or anytbing overall teacher are all very kind and helpful

It's a community college. People are there to go to class, get their degrees and leave. There is no social life. No student life. There are the occasional outcasts who act as though they are still in high school and crowd the hallways. The teachers only care about their pay, not whether or not their students are actually learning.

Gabriela

I love this school for it's faculty and the amount of support they offer for the students that attend. If someone isn't ready for a four year university then this college is a great place for anyone of any age to get started. If you put in the effort into your studies the professors will see you trying and actively encourage you to succeed in whatever your profession may be. Class sizes are great and the courses taught here can be slightly daunting but the professors that teach the material make the classes bearable.

Maurice

Wayne Community is a great college. I like it and want to finish my education. The people and staff are friendly. Education is at the top of my list and Wayne provides that for us. I will tell anyone about the school I'm attending. This is why I like it.

Shameka

If I was to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior and knowing what I know now about college life my advice to myself would go something like this. Shameka I know that you are scared because you are about to walk across that stage with a baby on the way but don't be afraid. College life is not what we think it is. Shameka the work is not hard and you will be able to accomplish everything you ever dreamed of. You will be able to go to college and still raise your daughter at the same time. We will make it to the Deans list and you will pass each class with flying colors. Think of it like the T.V. show A Different World just more structured. You will meet a lot of new friends and you all will bond like family. Shameka everything is going to work out just don't give up. Ask for help and watch how God opens each door for you.

I would recommend that anyone attend this school. This school fits everyone from the young to the old.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the start of a new semester. There is a lot going on especially the start of the fall semester.

Maria

If I could go back and talk to my high school self, I would tell myself to concentrate on school work and not on what other people thought of me because when you mature, it really doesn't matter anyway. I would tell myself to just break up with the boy I dated all through high school because he is going to dump me senior year anyway and focus on learning because the things I was learning in high school really were preparing me for life in the real world. I would tell myself to do more for the community and make more friends rather than just being shy and keeping to myself. Networking starts with friends! I would also tell myself not to smoke that first cigarette because I would totally regret it later and warn myself about how much money I would spend on cigarettes over the years, finally stopping at the age of 30. It wasn't worth it! I also would tell myself to listen to my counselors when they told me to apply to colleges and for scholarships and to think about the future. THINK ABOUT THE FUTURE. The present will soon be the past.

A person that is not serious about getting a good education and doesn't want to work hard for it. The person that doesn't want to earn an education instead of just a degree should not attend this school. You have to have a desire to learn because they have a desire to set you up for success in your field, not just put a few letters behind your name. A person with no pride in their education should not attend this school.

Having to attend classes with early college students, and having to share the cafeteria (reserved tables) with them. They are loud and immature and rude. They aren't paying for the education they are getting here, so they don't take it seriously.

Ivan

I would tell myself to work on college apps and scholarship applications as early as possible, becuase as the deadlines approach, it becomes increasingly difficult to set oneself apart from everyone else, hence decreasing one's chances of getting into college or receiving a scholarship. Furthermore, I would tell myself to apply to any scholarship or college that I wanted to, for I have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

I think that people who are in need of more personal attention in a class, rather than a large competitive class, should attend Wayne Community College. In fact, I'm sure that's why it's called a community college, for it strives to build a more personalized community.

William

I would tell myself to take my education seriously. There were times in high school that I had an "I don't care," attitude. I would tell myself to prepare for college and to apply for financial aid and scholarships. I would also tell myself to always do my best in everything I did. Join school clubs and organizations and strive to be the best student possible.

I really like the history department. All of the teachers that teach history really make it interesting. They are enthusiastic about their career and what they are teaching.

The tuition and the cost of books. It is impossible sometimes to make wnds meet in this economic crisis, and the only way to really succeed in life is a good education.

Colin

A school that is providing a large stepping stone for students who aren't quite ready to invest in a four year school, a school that has teachers who care and encourage all to perform to thier abilities.

I would slap myself silly. I was popular in high school and did the bare minimum to get by. I just assumed I would follow my friends to college. I would tell myself that I am being a fool and to open my eyes and look to the future. I would tell myself that friends are great, but the future is mine and mine alone. My friends are going to get me into college or land me a high paying job, only I can do that. I would tell myself that if I don't work harder that I will be staying home and going to community while all my friends move on ahead with their live. I would tell him how hard it is to catch up achedemically. I would advise myself to buckle down and do more, try harder and realize that only I have the key to succeed. I would tell myself that I can do it, but only I have the choice to do it now or work harder for it later.

The school doesn't offer enough choices for the major I want to transfer into. I want to be sure this is the major I want to pursue before transferring to a four year university.

Wayne Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.