Detroit, MI
Wayne County Community College District

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wayne County Community College District

AiZhane'

It is a community college so its nothing to big to do, it would be nice if there were more students in the classroom instead of at most 10.

Farzana

The Institution offers students a chance to get a degree and go out in the workforce and make a difference. Although the college offers different courses it needs to be improved for example, most of the classrooms are the same color walls without windows. The food is not that good since there are not many options besides subway. There needs to be technology available for classroom usage, instead of having professors go to the library and get the equipment.

latanya

In highschool, I was an honor student throughout my senior year. The oldest of four siblings, I felt that school was the job I needed to maintain well, for my mother- a sinlge parent. The only thing I ever missed was a social life. I yearned to be recognized and fit in, just as most teens do. My transition into highschool was difficult for me because I was different- being the second parent helping raise one sister and two brothers. Therefore, while I focused on my academics I was not very well accepted in the social classes of highschool. Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, I would definitely tell my high school self that I made the right choice then to get me here in college today- pusuing academia that I enjoy. I would remind my high school self about what have learned in anthropology, cultural anthropology, sociology, and psychology- the world will always be full of opportunities to socialize. I know now, that I made the right decision to stay focused and now I have plenty of time for friends- I am that cool kid.

The worst thing about my school would be its lack of organization. If the supporting staff of this institution worked better together then the students would benefit from their help, in a timely manner.

Students that are not willing to put in the much needed time to study should not attend this school. Sometimes students are required to learn basic concepts on their own which leaves no room for slacking.

Val-Marie

This school is a great opportunity to gain college experiences before transferring to a four-year university.

Plainly put, Val-Marie, you need more than a high school education. I know continuing education was not mentioned or supported in the house while growing up. There would also be the pressure of being the first generation college graduate if your decision is to continue education. It doesn’t matter how many challenges you project in your mind when contemplating a college career. Those projections only make college seem like an impossible mission. Not to mention the harsh reality of having little to no financial support. What an overbearing decision to make! I know my opinion may not have been a factor in your final decision. You probably never imagined a conversation like this could exist. As fascinating as this experience is for the both of us, we must realize, I’m only an older you given the opportunity to go back in time. This is not a divine intervention; however, let us treat it as some of the best advice we’ve ever received. Enroll in community college, expand your mind, and find an interesting path. Let our open-minded approach to life lead us to find a true passion.

There are many campuses, each focusing on specific programs. There may not be the availability of classes and locations that are convenient. However, there are many online classes that make things more convenient.

Christain

I would tell myself not to be afraid to ask questions. No one is just going to hand you information, if there is something that you need to know you have to go out there and get it yourself. Another important thing I would tell myself is that you could never spread yourself to thin. It really helps to network and get to know people that can help you in the furture. Getting involved is a wonderful way of networking.

I wish I had known that I could apply sooner.

I don't brag much but I do let them know its the best thing for me and its one of my smartest decisions.

Hayat

I have attend Wayne County Community College District, aproximatly since two years and a few months; I feel very comfortable in Wayne County ; also I considered my second home because I spend time in college more than with my family

Dominique

I would tell myself back then that you have to take your education and future seriously because this is your life. it`s okay to dream but you have put those dreams into action; apply yourself. No one else can live your life but you.

Someone who shouldn`t attend this school is someone who slacks off ; procastinates til the last minute. someone who doesn`t keep record of time. Someone who isn`t persistent and studeous.

I would brag because this school and amazing teachers there willing to help you through anything.

channetta

I w a m w gs i w i l .w k o c i w . i i d g t s w w i a w w i b . w i t a t t i m m w t a b s i g t c f m a m d .im a p w m i l . w m c g o i w w t s f h i m j a j i w o o t i w a c

DaeLon

While some people do choose to graduate from this school, most people attend this school in order to attain credits so they can transfer either to a in or out of state university.

You should really focus now on learning to manage your time. It's okay to have fun, but you have to know how to have fun and get work done at the same time. Once you get in college, a lot of distractions are going to start throwing themselves at you. You probably will have a ton of homework you need to do, and you will also need to reserve time to study and make sure that your prepared for exams. However, the distraction of going out and having fun will be very tempting, and most people usually crack under this pressure. Organization is the key to having a very successful college career.

If your planning to start college, but unsure of what you want to study, this school would be right for you. It allows you to have time to think about what you want to do while you can still gain credits. You can also get your basic classes out of the way. This way you can still be in school and you won't fall behind.

Wayne County Community College District administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.