Detroit, MI
Wayne County Community College District

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wayne County Community College District

Vernice

Peole of different races,ages,and backgrounds.

Peole of different races,ages,and backgrounds.

I would advise myself to not do drugs and alcohol . I would also advise myself to study hard,get good grades , and stay out of trouble .And last but not least I would advise myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible so that I would'nt have to get myself in debt with student loans.

Their administrators and the way they handle the students . They are understaffed and there is always a 2hour wait and the book vouchers post to late 4 some students to get their books . So I think they could do better in that area.

Che

My classmates are very enthusiasric!

My classmates are very enthusiasric!

The school I attend is unique because of its small class sizes. The teachers know everybody`s names before the 3rd or 4th week.

I would tell myself to go straight to college from high school. I would tell myself to buckle down and start being a "nerd" sooner than later. I would tell myself to get better study habbits and surround myself with people who care about their future the same as I do. I would also tell myself not wait till the last minute to do things, like start something two days before the deadline. Over all I would keep myself motivated about my future!!!

Brady

Wayne County Community College is a school that has lost most of it's faith, but remains open to the public to provide indiduvals with the opportunity to get started with their lives should they choose to.

I would tell myself to prepare for the challenges that college has in store me. Stand back, and view the vista from a different perspective and realiaze that life, outside of high school, is significantly altered forcing you to change your usual habits, and mannerisim in an effort to re-establish your grasp on the world you have yet to unwravel.

Honestly, the worst thing a first year college student will endure at Wayne County Community College is the dry, ineptitude attitudes of most of the teaching staff on campus. This is not to say that the faculty are all completly incompetant in their endeavors, in fact quite the opposite, but most students will find that given the student faculty, and much of their percieved lack of interest other than obtaining an associates degree, that most of the professors stationed at the institution have grown rather disillusioned with their responsibilities as academic scholars.

Cameron

What is unigue about my school is that they are offering a 1 year transfer program between my school which is Wayne County Community College to Wayne State University. Its mainly for students who are maybe not up to par with the requirements that a full size university is requiring. So it really makes it special for me so I'm 100% ready for a normal university such as Wayne State University.

If I was able to go back into to talk to myself as a senior I would just kind of prepare myself for whats going to happening by making the transition over to a university or college. I would let myself know that there are going to be lots of parties and meeting new people but still make sure I keep my studies up and learn when its ok to hang out and when you need to study for tests and doing homework. The best advice that I would give myself would be to stay close to family because they will be your number 1 support team cheering you on, and always making sure that I would listen to my parents more to what they say because I know there have my back no matter what.

A person that maybe not have a whole alot of money or someone who needs to go to school part-time due to other responsibilities.

Meghan

I did very will my senior year i would not change a thing, we were in trimesters and i recieved a 3.6 a 4.0 and a 3.8. if i could change something it would be to go back to my freshman and sophomore years and worked harder.

it is close to my house

Shamira

WCCCD consists of a mature and eager group of students and professores realizing that times have changed and education is a neccessity to succeed in life.

I am 25 years old. I remember as a child how much easier life was for my mother, even though there were seven children in the family. Experiencing life's transition from a child to an adult in this decade is really grounding to say the least. Employment opportunities are few and far between so therefore we have to be crafty and thrifty to succeed while in college. My advice.. attend a small college; maybe a community college with farely cheap prices. Make sure you do your research for these schools. Specifically the cost per credit hour, lab fees, and what other fees you will be charged for. Apply for financial aid once you decide on a school. If the school's prices is decent, you will have a nice remainder of money after the school takes its cut, to live with. you can pay a few bills, buy the kids something nice, invest, whatever you decide. Also study hard and apply yourself. There are many many rewards and scholarships availble for good grades. Network and make lifelong connections for you never know who you're meeting and what you can do for each other. My words of widom!

If you are looking to experience the typical college experience, WCCCD is not the school for you. From my experience here, rhis community college is the breeding place for older and serious young students. Most of my classmates are people currently laid off or have lost their jobs and are coming back to school to secure employment in more modern fields.

Rosemary

This is a major turning point in your life. Don't let anyone tell you that you can not accomplish anything you set your mind to doing. Dream big and go for that dream with the determination that you will make that dream come true. Be prepared to pay attention in class and take good notes. Sit in the front row so the teacher can see you. Be prepared to devote time to studying. Stay positive no matter what happens. The only way to fail is to not try.

Someone who isn't serious about getting an education. Anyone that is immature or needs a lot of attention to get the work done.

For me, the most frustrating part is being an older student in a youth-oriented environment. Many of the students have just graduated high school and don't seem to be prepared to be self-reliant.

Princeanna

Are you ready for greatness? if so, make sure you take an account of all you're being taught here at this level because you will need it entering college. You're going to be responsible for what you learn in college, so its going to be important for to stay focus and have a learning system that can help you excel in college. In college your teacher is their to provide you with all of the information needed for you to learn, but it's going to be up to you how you retain it. If you're looking at college as an escape from your parents or freedom to stay out and party, I advise you to stay home and get a job, because most freshman's who think this way end up flunking out of college because they saw themselves thriving on campus and didn't prepare how to thrive in class. Now that your're making the decision which college to attend make sure you're making the decision based on what you have to offer the school as a resposible individual that will enhance the school academically, socially, and professionally upon graduating.

Gary

Knowing what i know now about college life, I would go back and tell myself to work harder and get prepared for college early, meaning don't wait until you graduate to think about your future education. I would tell myself to study more so my transcripts would be good because this plays a big part in getting accepted at all colleges. I would also tell myself to take it upon yourself to look for scholarships, grants, and loans because if you dont nobody will do it for you, people may tell you what to do or may even try to help but you shouldn't depend on anybody but yourself.

Nickole

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what i know bout college, the advice i would give myself would have to be, set goals for your future references as well as making the right decission on what exactly i would wanna major in as a career when finished with college. Once i decided on a program that i want to take in college, i would refer it to 1 or more people as a future thought incase they wanted to choose a different career opportunity in their life.

Wayne County Community College District administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.