Wayne, NE
Wayne State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wayne State College

Catherine

Could be better.

Could be better.

Kaylee

I really enjoy attending Wayne State College. It has been a fun, challenging experience so far and I look forward to my future years here as a WildCat!

emily

I love it here at Wayne State College. The people are all so nice and there are services always available to me. The classes are usually small in size; with the exception to some general education classes, they can be a bit larger than a class specific for your major.

Alyssa

The size is very unique to Wayne. It's not a huge school where you're running into someone new every minute of every day, but it's also not teeny tiny where you know every single person. It's still very easy to meet people, and most walks to class include an encounter with a familiar face. However, there are many unfamiliar faces giving you the opportunity to meet more and new people.

Visit, explore, and talk! I didn't go on many college visits, and I'm finding that to come back and haunt me. Although I love Wayne State, it's just not a perfect fit for me. Had I gone on more visits as a senior, I think I could have found a better school to fit my wants and needs. I also wish I would have explored more. I thought I new what I wanted to major in, but after taking a semester of classes, I found that that is not the path for me. In high school I was dead set on nursing. I didn't job shadow ever, and I wish I would have. I found that nursing just isn't for me. Had I explored more options earlier, I would have discoverd this earlier. I also wish I would have talked with more people. Whether it had been current students at Wayne State, or academic advisors, I wish I would have gotten more first hand information from people living "my life", instead of just the basic fun facts to attract prospective students.

Wayne is the perfect college for someone who is very family oriented. Although I was ready to be on my own, I didn't want to completely leave my family. Like many other students at Wayne State, I travel home fairly frequently. Thus, I am able to still see my family often and be involved with my siblings during their remaining high school years.

Kelsey

If I could go back in time to my senior year in high school, the most important advice I would give myself about making the transition to college would be to focus on career planning. Knowing now that I want to pursue a career in the medical field, I would tell myself to enroll in the necessary college courses so that I will be on the right path towards a career in medicine. I would tell myself that college is the time to learn and focus on growing as an individual, to take courses that will benefit me both personally and academically, so that it will benefit me far into the future. I would tell myself to not be afraid of making mistakes, because in life we constantly learn from our mistakes and that is what makes us a better person. I would give myself the advice to challenge myself; to strive, even more, for academic excellence, because working hard towards my goals in college will pay off and will be the greatest reward.

The kind of person that should attend Wayne State College is a person who enjoys a close-knit community and friendly environment, and wants the opportunity to develop close relationships with faculty and other students, while receiving an exceptional education. A person who would like to walk to class everyday and be able to recognize a familar face is a person who is fit for Wayne State College. Students here are encouraged to get involved together, whether on campus or in the community. Professors and faculty at Wayne State College are dedicated to helping you succeed.

The most frustrating thing about my school may concern the dormitories. While I have never lived in any of the Wayne State College dorms myself, I have visited them and toured the buildings on different occasions. I have noticed that many of the dormitories on campus could use minor updating and renovating to benefit students. For example, one dormitory in particular does not offer air conditioning, which can be uncomfortable, especially in the summer months. I feel this situation could be addressed in order to allow students a more comfortable environment in which they are to study.

My classmates are friendly and are willing to help anyone

My classmates are friendly and are willing to help anyone

Knowing what I do now, I tell younger kids to be as involved in highschool as they can. I explain to them that I wish that I would have been more active in sports and clubs so I would have had a chance and scholarships. Instead of being active in highschool, I worked two jobs. If I could give myself more advice it would be that if I was going to work two jobs, that I should save every penny that I could. Even with as much as I saved I am still finding myself working two to three jobs just to get ready for my final year in college. I wish that I would have realized how expensive college really is, if I did, I might not be struggling as much as I am. I could of participated in more clubs and sports and had a better chance at receiving scholarships instead of working away my senior year of highschool and my freshman year of college.

ones that have a problem with focusing

f I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to take the opportunities I ‘m given. College is a prime time in my life. I’m only given one chance, so take advantage of it. When I’m given the opportunity to try out for cheerleading, take it. When the time comes to meet new people and interact, take it. Getting up every day for class is a blessing. Too often I let days go by and don’t take chances. These chances come once in our lifetime. If I don’t take advantage of them, I will spend every day asking “what if.” Making the transition to live away from mom and dad is hard, but it is an experience. Depending on how I make it my experience at Wayne State College can be good or bad. Nerves are at their peak, but moving away is a part of life. Don’t be scared. I can do this. Have a positive attitude because many aren’t given the chance to go to college. I am benefitting myself, making myself better. Taking advantage of an opportunity I may never get again.

I enjoy Wayne State because it is small. I come from a town of 25,000 and I’m not a fan of large universities. I like Wayne State because it’s a small town, and is close to home. The class size is just right, with an estimated size of 25 students per class.

Before coming to Wayne State, I attended Northeast Community College. I knew I wanted my Bachelor degree, so once I graduated from Northeast I chose to attend Wayne State. I didn’t realize the adjustment that came with it. I felt like I was new to everything and plus I didn’t know anyone. I had to start over. I was assigned a roommate and she introduced me to opportunities to meet new people that I wouldn’t have taken if I lived in a single room.

Wayne State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.