Wayne State College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Wayne State College

McKenzie

I love it so much! While it is small it has so much to offer! The class sizes are perfect and I know lots of people but not everyone on campus. I am involved in lots and keep busy! There are many on-campus jobs to get and I love mine! It fits me perfectly! Other than that I think that the campus president is doing an excellent job of updating the campus to compete with other large schools!

I have always enjoyed Wayne. I went to Wayne first out of high school and now again to finish what I had started with my education degree. Wayne is perfect for those smaller class sizes and getting one on one help with your instructors. To them, you aren't just another face. They are there to help you succeed and want you to do good. All you have to do is show up, be attentive in class, and participate and do the work.

Kristilee

I absolutely love it here. This has been my top choice for college for a large part of my college search, and I don't regret choosing Wayne at all. The campus is amazing, the teachers are really nice, and the opportunities around campus and in town are absolutely wonderful. It's not a large school, and it isn't in a large town, but it's so amazing.

Alexis

I love Wayne State College it's the perfect size for me. I enjoy the smaller classes making it feel more connected to my professors. It very easy to reach out to your professors to ask questions they’re all for it. WSC has so many majors to choose from I’m a Human Service Counseling and Criminal Justice major. Double majoring is stressful at times, but I have excellent advisors who help me keep on track to graduate. WSC has good amenities to keep you busy outside of class they have a very nice gym and a great library for a place to study. WSC has good food at times the lower gag is my personal favorite with more fast food style of food. Dorm life on campus is nice you really and pick and choose what you want to do and what not to your not obligated to everything. There’s plenty of clubs for everyone and everyone. WSC has so many opportunities for on-campus event hosted by our student activities board that caters to everyone and a great way to make friends. WSC was first choice when it came to my postsecondary education, its smaller compared to other classes, and it’s affordable. WSC has such a cute little small campus that you can’t get lost. I’m so glad I chose WSC because I’ve been learning more about myself and learning so much for my future career, these classes now will help me for me to be informed and educated for my career.

Jasmine

I love Wayne State! The education is exceptional and the small class sizes makes learning intimate. I love the amenities available even at such a small college. I would recommend anyone who wants to go to a small school with a great education attend Wayne State College.

emily

I love it here at Wayne State College. The people are all so nice and there are services always available to me. The classes are usually small in size; with the exception to some general education classes, they can be a bit larger than a class specific for your major.

Wayne State College was my last choice on my list of potential colleges. Little did I know, I have actually grown to have a bit of a liking to the place. It's small town vibes and partying scene make it exciting, but that's definitely not all there is to the college. We have an incredibly close knit student body, involved in politics, art, sports, and a plethora of other clubs and organizations. The professors are very kind and always willing to make time for individual help or even just to chat. I'm glad I ended up at college here because I am saving a lot of money and getting an education that will propel me forward in life and not hinder me with thousands and thousands of dollars of debt. I would honestly recommend this college to anybody.

Turner

The campus and class sizes are small and comfortable. The campus is extremely safe and friendly to all students. I love how I know my professors and peer tutors. Also, the academics are very good, but could potentially be better and more in depth. The classes are relatively easy, for college courses that is. I love it at Wayne State College.

Grechen

I really enjoy the atmosphere and how cozy it feels. The professors really are there to help the students succeed. The administration is helpful and understanding. They are always there to listen and assist in any way possible. If I had to choose what college to go to again it would definitely be Wayne State College.

Catherine

Could be better.

Marissa

I love Wayne State. I am super happy I choose this college because the professor are great. They make you work hard, but the end result is worth the effort. I love all my professors; they help me if I have any questions and email me right back if I send them an email. The rate of students who get jobs after they graduate is really high and that is another reason I choose this school. There are tons of people on campus who are willing to help students find jobs after before they graduate. The career services/CatTracks is a great way to help with that. The people on campus are nice too. Most people will have a smile on their face or will say hi to you if you pass by. My experience here has been great. The campus is nice too. It is easy to get from building to building. I walk to campus and it isn't that bad of a walk. Wayne is such a great town to live in. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants a great education for a cheap price.

It is a beautiful state college that gives students plenty of opportunities to strive to be the best that they can be. The campus is beautiful and everyone there is super kind. There is so much involvement throughout the campus and is an overall lively college.

Colton

My overall opinion of Wayne State College, from what i have seen while attending my first year, is that there are plenty of services that are open to the students ranging from the club involvement to places you can go to get help with any classes that you are struggling with.

Riley

My opinion of Wayne State College is that once you visit and step on campus you're automatically greeted with warm hello's. Also that you understand and feel the family atmosphere. Another is that class sizes are small and so you can get a personal relationship with your professors and other classmates so that way you get the help you need.

Joshua

I absolutely love it, the class sizes are perfect with great professors. There is always something to do also, either sports, movies, or just hang out with friends.

Kaylee

I really enjoy attending Wayne State College. It has been a fun, challenging experience so far and I look forward to my future years here as a WildCat!

Tory

I enjoy it here. I love the people, the campus, and the location of the school. I don't necessarily like being so far away from a Walmart (40 minute drive to the next town) and two hours from my hometown, but it's life and all is well! Majority of the professors are great but some aren't. That's just how it is at any school though.

David

I really like Wayne. The campus is nice. There are plenty of things to do on campus. And off campus there are lots of places to go out to eat. The dorms at Wayne are very social. It's a very social campus in general. There is also a lot of chances to get a job in Wayne.

My overall opinion of Wayne State College is good. I say this because I have an older sister who attends this college and absolutely loves it. All of her professors are caring as well as others campus. I love the atmosphere whenever I am there. People always care for one another even if they are a complete stranger. I would say I am more than likely going to attend Wayne State because of everything I just listed.

Ash

Transferring from a big university in my home country to a small one like WSC, it's nice having a homey feel here. Academics and facilities are great. Everyone's super nice and I haven't had any bad experience with people so far. However, there is not much diversity here in Wayne State College and I wish that could be improved on.

Michelle

The campus is small so it doesn't take forever to walk places. You see friends all the time walking to and from classes. The teaching halls are all next to each other so its super easy to get to classes on time. The living halls feel like home and everyone is super nice when you walk in to them. Sports life on campus is great. Everyone goes to the games to support the teams.

Magdalene

Wayne State is a great option for furthering your educations without paying a ridiculous amount. The application process is easy, and the faculty were helpful throughout my education, even during the tough stuff like appealing grades and switching advisors. There are multiple organizations and clubs so it is easy to get involved and meet people as well. It was a safe campus and in general a safe little town to live in while going to school. The class sizes and professors made it easy to have discussions and get help as needed.

Shelby

My first impressions of Wayne were that the people here are friendly and that the professors truly cared about your quality of education. The size of the college, in my opinion, is perfect. Not as big as Chicago, but not as small as a village - also a great college that supports diversity in every classroom. Although Wayne, Nebraska is a small town, there is plenty of things to keep yourself from getting bored, whether it'd be on campus events and socials, or going downtown for a quick bite at Dairy Queen. There are many resources for students, including a quick walk to the bank, or, if going somewhere farther, Wildcat Wheels is a free taxi for WSC students on Thursdays through Sundays. The party scene is there, but parties are usually off-campus. The food isn't fantastic, I'd give it an average rating. So, overall, I would give Wayne State College a 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Halle

I really like it at Wayne State College. I was very pleased when I first started. I really enjoy having the small classes like I did in high school. I really appreciate the faculty here. They are all super nice and understanding, you can tell they all really care for you. I also really appreciate how small it is. You can get to class pretty quickly need be. The classes are also just the right length. My overall opinion is that it is a very great school.

allison

I really enjoy it. I do not like how small the town is. I wish classes were a little bit bigger. I also wish that they had more options for food.

Kenadie

I chose to come to Wayne State College because of the Rural Health Opportunities Program that provides me a tuition stipend and guaranteed acceptance to UNMC. With the small campus size and challenging classes, I am academically grateful I came to WSC as I feel I will be prepared to go to graduate school when I am finished here. Also, because of the small campus size, I have found great friends that I can hang out with regularly. This has been a blessing as their presence helps relieve the stress of school and work.

Janisa

What is Wayne State College? This educational environment is ranked top 10 in the states for a reason. The level of the given education is guaranteed to push you to new levels. I have yet to witness anyone truly struggle in their field of study. Those who know where are they are going, are doing what is needed to get there. There are areas of the college that could use some light, however. (Literally and metaphorically speaking) There are parts of campus that lead me as well with other students to feel unsafe due to the darkness we are surrounded by. On the other hand, there is campus security ensuring we are safe 24/7. Wayne State is a college I would highly recommend to future college students. The affordability is just one of the added bonuses. The community is very "tight, knit". There is support all around students and the citizens of Wayne. Overall, Wayne State College is an affordable, family-like, new "home" to all students.