Detroit, MI
Wayne State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wayne State University

Cathryn

Wayne State is a great school to give you a huge campus experience without actually being a "huge" campus.

Listen, high school-me, I'm here to tell you to get your act together and to get off your high horse. I know that you're getting good grades and are basically breezing through high school, but you need to abandon that cocky attitude that you have. That "I'm coasting through high school, I'll do the same in college" attitide. It's a very ignorant way of thinking. You don't even study. I get it, you're smart, but you have to put more effort into your school career, because-take my word for it-college is a completely different ballgame. You CANNOT coast through these college courses, it's not as easy as you think. If you keep going on the way you are now, you WILL fail! You will lose your scholarship and will be on academic probation. I know that I'm being hard on you, but you need to hear this. You're really smart, so start actually applying yourself. Pick up a book. Study. Spend time looking over your notes. If you do this, there will be nothing stopping you from accomplishing your goals. You can do it, kid...trust me.

If you are looking to pursue a music degree, it's best if you not attend Wayne State.

Dear young, naive Kayla, Don’t take life so seriously. Confidence is key (or the appearance of confidence) even when you’re falling apart inside and about to throw up. Smile more. You will make hundreds, maybe even thousands of mistakes… THEY ARE NOT THE END OF THE WORLD. Your high school love will not last. There is not one person on this earth who doesn’t grow into someone new from age 14 to19. Always look at the bright side of things. Being so dismal all the time really brought you down as a person. Go for it. Really spend your time focusing not on high school grades, but finding out who you are and what you’re interested in. Don’t hesitate. Enjoy the sheer simplicity of football games, friends, dances and school spirit while you can. It is truly the best time of your life. Please, please do not eat that sub sandwich from the cafeteria on January 14th. Food poisoning was horrendous. And most importantly…never once doubt yourself. I guess you can say clichés are meant for more than graduation speeches and wedding toasts.

There is alot of diversity

Ingrid

What's unique here at WSU is the atmosphere of being downtown. I love how I have things like the bookstore close to my classes. I also like that I can receive help from the academic success center.

I would tell myself not to take on so many classes as an incoming freshmen. Create a study group, ask my professors for help, think postive , and have the courage to ask for help. Bring a tape recorder or laptop to take notes , try to make friends so that your not always stressed about classes. Also AIM HIGHER and never give up no matter how hard it gets.

Falynn

My school was in an urban setting. So as opposed to being in a small college town my school was in the heart of the city.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself a myriad of things. The first of which I'd tell myself to stay away from student loans and credit cards. When your young you don't think of all the repercussions of taking advantage of these "oppotunities." I would also tell myself to go to Consrvatory or a school that specializes in theater. I feel that I wasted time a lot of time and that I didn't get the intensive training I desired by going to a University as opposed to a Consrvatory. Though my past actions have set me on my current path today I believe that if I could tell these things to my younger self I would be well into a film/theater career now.

Bradley

Many are close minded and unable to adjust to change.

Many are close minded and unable to adjust to change.

I was given a great deal of advice before entering college, ranging from time management and social life to workload and financial aid. The one piece of advice that no one ever gave me and I have found to be the biggest adjustment is: "in high school, teachers make sure that you succeed, in college it is up to you if you want to succeed." This often includes having to read the book, do extra practice problems (not just what’s assigned) and in essence, teach yourself. The teacher will no longer do all of this for you. Maybe that is the difference between the word teacher and professor that I failed to realize: teachers “teach” and professors “profess.” Essentially, high school teachers make sure that you learn the information while a college professor will tell you the information and then it’s up to you to learn it. This may seem unfair or difficult at times but how much more prepared will you be for the world beyond school, having had to learn a few things the hard way. This is an important reality that took me a few semesters to learn but made a significant difference going forward.

We are located in downtown Detroit! My apartment in walking distance from Comerica Park!

Kimberly

Education at Wayne State University is just like any other school. If you are a science, a psychology, or an engineering major this school is for you because of all the research they have to offer. If you are anyone else, stir clear! This college is a business and their business is to keep or put you in debt!

It is time to go to college! The best thing that you can do for yourself is save the money that everyone has given to you at your open house! Do not spend all your money on clothing because just like time it will come and go! Instead, save for today so that tomorrow you can relax! College is a business- unfortunately its business is to keep you in debt! Your business is to graduate! Along the road to graduation, you will have fun and meet new friends. Some friends are only temporary but others are there to help you succeed! Do not forget that the road to graduation will not be a smooth one- it will most certainly have its ups and downs! Please do not fret or give up on yourself because this road just like life is only meant to test you in order to see is this what you truly want in life!

My classemates are willing to help others.

My classemates are willing to help others.

Take your time. It’s ok to try to find out what you want to do with your life first, as long as get your degree and your moving forward. Don’t be stuck in the past, because you will make better memories; Better then you ever imagined. I would tell myself that most people I know who graduate in four years are still job searching for years to come; Most of them not in the profession that they earned their degree. They are stuck in jobs just for income. These people have a mountain of debt with their subordinate careers and plenty of time to think about things differently. You on the other hand can go to a community college and visit friends on the weekends. You know how to have a good time and you know when to get serious. Many opportunities will come along from the people you know. These opportunities may lead you to your career; Some will not but use your judgment and you will succeed. Maybe your employer will end up paying for your education or maybe you will earn scholarships. Just work hard and you will find your own way; you always have.

The best thing about Wayne State University is the credentials of being a well known school.

Jade

Brad Paisley’s “Letter to Me” pretty much sums up a lot of what to know and feel about college. “I know it’s tough when you break up after 7 months…all I can say is pain like that is fast and rare…And oh you got so much going for you going right, but I know at 17 it's hard to see past Friday night, tonight's the bonfire rally, but you're staying home instead because if you fail Algebra, Mom and Dad will kill you dead…” Those words need to be remember in college as well, don’t hold yourself back because of someone else; if it’s meant to be then it’ll find its way with both of you reaching your goals. In addition remember, it is perfectly fine to change your mind a million times. There are so many new experiences you are going to have, you might be scared or nervous but have faith that everything will work out the way God has planned for you because at the end of the day all that matters is how happy you are with yourself.

Tanisha

Some are friendly once they warm up to you. Just like anywhere else I suppose. The lectures consist of hundereds of students so, you wont have much luck finding a friend. I've found that it was easier in my smaller classes to make friends.

I would tell myself that it gets surprisingly much easier in college, go easy on yourself now. Have fun and enjoy your last year of highschool, you'll wish you had gone out and done more. You'll meet new people who are goal minded and very diverse in every aspect, you couldn't put a price on what you'll learn about life through college along with what you'll learn academically. You'll experience things so much differently from what you expected, and you will grow so much in only a short amount of time.

I wish I had know that Wayne State was primarily a commuter school, but they actually have great programs. The college life is pretty much what you make it, there are a ton of organizations on campus.

The most unique factor about Wayne State University is the diversity amongst my peers. Walking into Wayne State is like taking a trip around the world. Everywhere I turn I experience a new culture and country. We have people from all over the world here, just by holding a simple conversation you can learn something you may never of learned of before. Wayne State is the heart of Detroit Michigan and we are surrounded by the city and urban lifestyle.

The kind of person that would enjoy attending Wayne State University would be an open-minded person who likes to experience new journeys. Someone who is not afraid to experience a new culture, someone who is not afraid to dive into the urban city lifestyle would be the right fit for this university. Wayne State welcomes anyone with the innovation and willingness to learn and to better their selves.

Wayne State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.