Detroit, MI
Wayne State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wayne State University

Chloe

Most of the students here are commuters, and there are a high proportion of graduate students.

Just relax and enjoy college. Work hard and go to class but also make time to have fun. You will do great.

Small class sizes and the ability to build good relationships with professors. Everyone is very friendly here.

karina

First, if I could go back in time as a high school student I would give my self an advise I should of tooken when I was a high school student. I would advice myself to keep track of deadlines and quit slacking off, to take every little oportunitty presented in life. As a high school student I was the type of shy student, therefore I could of been in class but yet never participated or ask questions when I was confused or didn't get the idea. I would give myself an advice of forgetting that there was people looking at me and see them as family, that way I wouldn't have fallen in my own trap. Now as I look back in time I ask myself many questions and say to myself what if. But what if, is only a symbol of lack of self esteem because what if didn't happen yet I can make all those left behind projects I left. In conclusion, the best advice I would give myself would be, not to be shy and participate in all the activities presented in my life. Also to focus on my classes.

I have been out of school for seven years now and if I could go back I would sit myself down and have a very serious talk. I would let myself know that you only get one life and to not let the little things stress you out. I would tell myself that there are scholarship opportunities and funding out there for students no matter what their background and upbringing. I would tell myself that while community college is a smart stepping stone to a four year university I could have gone away to school if I wanted. I would have told myself I was, in fact, good enough to go to a four year university like my peers. I would encourage my high school self to sign up for college activities, clubs, and volunteer events when I entered college because that's where you meet people and have the best experiences. I would tell my high school self that regardless of my family being non supportive of college that you can still achieve your dreams. Lastly, I would apply to multiple schools for options because settling isn't good enough.

An extremely conservative close minded person should NOT attend. This school is very diverse and culturally thriving. It's an awesome environment for somone that is open minded and accepting of all types of people.

If I were able to go back in time and speak to myself as a high school senior I'd probably be better off than I am today. I'd tell myself that although the high school experience is important, I should focus more on academics. I would say that starting at a university is more beneficial than starting at a community college because then you are more likely to graduate in four years rather than the 5+ it is taking you now. I'd tell myself that getting involved is crucial. Sports, hobbies, clubs, and societies can provide endless scholarship opportunities and even help on applications to medical school. Most importantly I'd tell myself to never give up because five years later, here I am, still an undergrad feeling a little bit defeated, but still trying my hardest to reach medical school. When you start college as a freshman it's a clean slate and an opportunity to be whatever you want to be. The time to make your future count is now, in your college years. These are the grades that matter and these are the opportunities and experiences that matter.

The cost of attendance is really frustrating. Coming from a community college I didn't expect to see so many fees for what seems like uncessesary reasons. Parking passes are a small fortune and unless you purchase a pass for a specific parking structure you are never garaunteed the ability to park near the building you are headed to. They find any way they can to charge extra for things that should be free. Paying tuition online comes with a $200 fee each semester, students that are considered "upper classmen" pay more per credit hour than those who are not.

Someone who is looking for a school with a lot of diversity in an unconventional atmosphere. There are students from all walks of life at Wayne State University and that allows you to become familiar with all different kinds of people. We have many students studying abroad and even more that commute from cities all around Michigan. It's location is pretty famous for being a rough area but the campus really is beautiful, well kept, and extremely safe. Wayne State provides a highly recognized education and endless opportunites for medical students with all of the hospitals near by.

Amany

That question varies! WSU is huge with over 30,000 students attending on any given year. It's hard to pin down one common stereotype of students at my school since it's probably one of the most diverse universities in the region. I feel like this question is sooooo high school all over again....

Brea

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself a few things. The first thing I would have advised myself to do is to stay encouraged and stick it out all the way to the end despite my will to quit on certain things such as studying. I would also tell myself to not stress myself out so much on things that didn't derserve my worrying, but instead enjoy my last days as a high school attendee. Lastly, I would advise myself to value the time management that I learned which will help me in college tremendously.

The worst thing about my school is the graduation rate. Most students drop out before they finish completing college. I believe they get discouraged in their ability to succeed becasue of the things they have to deal with outside of school such as jobs, family, disabilities, etc. Many of the people you meet are not guaranteed to be there the next year or so and it's sad to know that most of the students won't graduate.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the financial aid department and any other department you have to turn paperwork in to. Numerous times they have lost important documents and require you to take more time than usual on a certain business matter because you have to recover the documents you gave them that they lost.

Aliya

In engineering, the students are willing to help others although competitive. If you become friends and form study groups it usually works out much better for you in how well you do in your classes.

I would definitely tell myself to practice time management so that I do not get overwhelmed by the course workload, especially concerning big projects that require a lot of time commitment. I would also advise myself that although it is important to obtain a high G.P.A., I should still keep my priorities in check and always make time to relax and spend more time with families and friends. In addition, I would become more involved in student organizations and on-campus activities in order to build my network of students in not just my major, but in others as well. That way I would have a higher exposure to perspectives in different fields and be better able to decide on a back-up plan in case the major I chose when I started my undergraduate degree isn’t what I actually want to be involved in very much in my future.

I wish I had known how much they raise the tuition every year.

Steven

Steven, You didn’t have your Dad around to help guide you through life so let this be a lesson. College is the key to opening the doors to the next level of success. You are so passionate about music and love to entertain people. You love helping other people and bringing positive energy where ever you go. There are so many endless possibilities you can make in college through networking, communicating, and learning. You can make new friends and surround yourself with successful people, which will benefit your career. Without college education how will you be able to advance your life? How will you be able to take care of yourself and your family? One day you will have to help your family and starting now with college is the right way to go. At 24 years of age I realized I want to continue entertaining people and achieve more. I am deciding to start a fire career so I can support my family and help my community. If I could have started going to school for this when I was 18, I would have a fire-fighting job by now. Don’t wait, LETS GO!

Carrie

I would tell my high school self to put an effort into making more friends, get more involved on campus, and study hard. Going to a community college is a harder experience making friends than a four-year university. You have to put yourself out there, speak up, and come out of your shell a little more than usual. Join a club or the campus activity board, there are plenty of opportunities with organizations that help you make friends and find activities at the same time. However, don’t forget that studying should come before all things. You’re grades are what will get you far and take you to all the places you wish to go. These three things will help you get involved and stay educated making your transition inot college a breeze!

Wayne State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.