Detroit, MI
Wayne State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wayne State University

I love go to Wayne State University, the best thing has to be that I can commute from home and not have to spend extra money. The size of the school is just right. However, if I could change something it would be to have better biology department. when I tell people that I go to WSU they always ask If it is safe. I spend the most time in the P and K Library on campus. I think the most complaints about WSU are that the science department because its not as good as it could be. WSU has so much school spirit and its so nice to be at a school that is so diverse.

The students at wayne are very friendly, there is a very diverse environment at wayne and wear what makes them feel comfortable. I think most students are local but then again there are a lot of diverse places.

The academics at Wayne are good, I think my favorite class at Wayne is definitely math just because the teacher is amazing. The students study a lot at Wayne. The education is geared at getting a job and learning. I think the schools academic requirements are fair.

The common stereotype of students at my school is that we are slackers because we go to school in Detroit. However, most of us are motivated to go to school and do something amazing with our lives.

Kimmy

I really like WSU. I like it because it is so different from other colleges in Michigan. It's great because you get to be in the city but the actual campus is small and easy to walk around. One thing that is very annoying is the parking. There are several parking garages and they're not cheap. But I guess parking is bad in every city. When I tell people i go to WSU they think its so cool that i go to school in Detroit, that I'm so tough. It's really funny. Overall i really enjoy going to WSU and I'm happy I chose it.

Wayne State University is so diverse that I really couldn't put a stereotype to it. I've meet students like myself going into the science field and those who are in the art and music programs. Wayne State has a variety of awesome programs that anyone can fit in there.

M

The common stereotype at my school is that the majority of students are commuter students. It is true that my school is a commuter university however a fairly large amount of students do live on campus when you consider the size of the student body.

Victoria

The most common stereotype at Wayne State University is that the campus is very unsafe for students. This stereotype is true, but only to a point. The Wayne State campus is no different from any other campus because you should always be aware of your safety no matter where you are. There are many sources on campus that provides students with immediate help and campus police are everywhere so you can walk around knowing that help will be there if needed.

Norhan

I think it's a good school.

I think it's a good school.

A popular group in my school is the American Medical Student Association. Many people seem to want to go to Medical school since Wayne State has a big medical campus.

The students at my school seem to only want a good grade even if it means not learning anything. That may be the majority but there are many that do want to learn and end up with high marks while doing so.

Not that impressive in terms of the average enterance GPA from High School. But my school does offer many graduate programs such as a Law school, Medical school, Business school, Pharmacy school, a Physician Assistant program and many more.

The stereotype of students at my school are students that do not often graduate.

Christina

I would advise myself to take things easier the first year of college. I have always pushed myself way too hard and taken courses that are so challenging it is sometimes hard to handle along with the transition to college. I would also advise myself not to commute to a school that is an hour away because that takes away from the time that could be used to study. It was also hard to make new friends when you are a commuter so I would definitely advise myself to enjoy a dorm life even if it is expensive. The first year is to explore and learn more about the school rather than to overload myself with courses and activities. It is still very important to keep in touch with the friends and connections from high school as they will be life long companions.

A liberal arts education is a big part of this school. A majority of this school is of a diverse race and I feel that anyone can fit in.

I wish I had known that the tuition and parking would be so expensive.

ShaLyce

I would tell myself to always focus and not to take so many electives. Never let myself slip and don't give up.

The best thing about Wayne State is the cultural diversity and the location of the campus. Wayne State is located in the city, unlike other colleges we experience both the real world interaction and schooling at once.

A kind of person that should attend Wayne State University would be culturaly diverese and open minded. Always coming up with new ideas and giving back to the community, being green is also an added bonus. Wayne State makes the best out of it's location and always strives for success. If you are a driven and determined person, Wayne State University is right for you.

Nour

It is a very diverse school that has many different career opportunities.

It is a very diverse school that has many different career opportunities.

If I could go back a few years I would force myself to sit and study for the ACT. If I did I would have been able to recieve a scholarship to college which would have made things much easier. Considering I have disabled parents that I am responsible for. I learned that college is all about yourself, people only want themselves to be on top. They can care less about everyone else that is around. I should put my studying before anything but sometimes it is really rough and you need to do just enough to get by. I was a 4.0 student throughout high school and college came a shock to me.

I wish I knew that there were more than 500 students in a biology class. Coming out of high school I found this to be very hard. There was no one on one with the teacher at all. The professor didnt even know thw students names. This is someting I would make younger friends aware of.

Wayne State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.