Detroit, MI
Wayne State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wayne State University

Ankur

Every day that you walk through life as if you can hit rewind at any moment, realize that the rewind button you are counting on to be there is being phased out as we speak. That's right, everything you're doing is going on film, and that film is going to be your life. Make each day worthy of being recorded and watched by you one last time with no editing. Whatever happened in the past all happened for a reason. The important thing is to make those experiences, positive or negative, a strictly positive influence on what you do now. And, even more important, don't just know what you need to be doing, do it! Start acting on what you have learned from your life. I was once a high school student with a GPA below 1.5 or something tragically close. That ended with my getting a GED after a few years of not attending school whatsoever. And it had nothing to do with my learning abilities. But once I realized what I wanted to do with my life, I was able to start college with a whole new attitude and believe me, it?s working!

It is a nice campus to attend, with a very multicultural student population.

I believe that there is a place for every kind of student. It is an excellent place to learn a number of different specialties.

Monica

I would tell myself to learn how to study better. I would also make sure I would have applied for more scholarships.

Ahmed

Wayne State University is urban, diverse, and challenging.

Wayne State University is urban, diverse, and challenging.

Budget your time wisely. In high school, the time you spent on your studies was structured for you by your teachers and your parents. When you get to college, nobody is going to force you to go to class or to go to the library to study. You are responsible for yourself. However, this new found freedom is a double-edged sword as college life is riddled with distractions. My best advice is to sit down after the first week of class and create a schedule of assignments and exams. Make sure you budget study time wisely - you may want to study 2-3 hours for every hour you spend in class. Additionally, it doesn't hurt to make a financial budget. No more home-cooked meals means that you have to feed yourself and food gets expensive real quick.

Diversity and an urban environment, I would say. It has a good law school for those looking to practice law in Michigan as w...

Diversity and an urban environment, I would say. It has a good law school for those looking to practice law in Michigan as well

"Amanda, put that confidence you exhibit everyday here in high school in your backpack and carry it to all your classes. Use it anytime you feel overwhelmed with the course load and the expansive nature of college itself. Don't be shy, go out and make friends and play a sport. So what Wayne State does not have a Track and Field team, play an intramural sport...I heard they have a pretty cool ultimate frisbee team. Stay ahead in your class, and no more procrastination...you are only hurting yourself by putting things off until the last minute. College does not stop for you, so you have to go strong for it. Good luck...you might not need it, but a little luck and a lot of hard work can go a long way."

I knew this before, but I wish I would have considered it more my first semester...that it really is up to the student to do well. You are given the tools, but it up to you to really sharpen and use them.

TaRon

The main advice I would give myself would be to start applying for Scholarships and grants previous to enrollment. I will stress that having fun is not as important as achieving success with academic progress. I will also emphasize on staying focused, dedicated and hard working to obtain my goals and reach my potential to exceed my own expectations. The stress of college life will reward you with more than graduating high school!

I would consider Wayne State University's diversity as the best thing about my school. Being able to associate with people from all around the world broadens the mindset of an inner city youth. It gives me a chance to understand other peoples cultures, as well as dealing with different personalities and nationalities.

When I brag about my school I speak of the gowth within the last ten years of the University's existence. I can also brag about the school spirit in which most students take pride in. There is also a lot of student activities, concerts, and the recreation departments. It's just a wonderful college environment and an even greater place for your college experience.

launa

Make sure you study day and night, and make sure u dont fall behind the first semester at wayne state. Make as much frinds as possible you are gonna need them in the long run. Noone cares how you look like so it doesnt matter if you dressup or not.

i think that everyone should attend this school, people that are not scared to be in a really scary neighborhood, people that can make friends easily

yes, of course. wayne state is a great school

I would make sure I liked the location of the University. I went to WMU my first semester and I hated it because it was in the snow belt and there wasn't alot to do there accept partying which I don't like to do so I ended up coming home practically every weekend. I love where Wayne State is located. It's downtown and it makes me feel like I am in a big city like Toronto, which I love.

That they wouldn't accept my intermediate algebra class that I took at OCC because at Wayne State Trig was 2/2 and College Algebra was 1/2 so I now have to take another math class.

I don't know. Most people commute so I guess people who don't like driving.

Jocelyn

My classmates are fun and diverse.

My classmates are fun and diverse.

Don't worry! Everyone is in the same boat, and everything will be okay.

That studying really is important, and that everything everyone tells you about college is true.

Ernada

My classmates are diligent and very acafamedically-based.

My classmates are diligent and very acafamedically-based.

If time allowed me to go back in time and give myself advice, I would tell myself to enjoy college life more. Each day in college is a day full of new knowledge and experience. Therefore, I would stay focused on my academic pursuits, but I would also absorb my surroundings more because college is a time in my life that will shape me not only as a student, but as an individual.

I wish I had know proper study skills. There is alot of work required from a student, and that is work is properly done is time is managed well and studying is done efficiently.

Ayat

I would probably tell me to stay focused on my school work more, and try not to let anything distract me from my goal.

I wish I had known that it would be this demanding, and take up 95% of my time, yet its a lot of fun and everyone is helpful and supportive

The worst thing i can think of might be the parking, it is really hard to find a place to park even with parking passes.

Wayne State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.