Detroit, MI
Wayne State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wayne State University

Tony

I would tell myself to stay on track. College life is a very exciting experience well you meet life long friends and you start to find out who you are. But, college classes are nothing like high school classes and there is no such thing as catching up (not saying its not possible though). Don't be afraid to ask for help when you need. The reason is that their are many advisors and tutors who like to see you succeed. Nobody wants to see you drop out or fail in college. Lastly you are in college for one reason and that is to pass your classes so you can get closer to your goal. Everything else in college is secondary and will always be there so your really not missing out on anything. That is the advice I would give myself since I had to learn all of it the hard way, which makes my advice the best to give since I've been down the hole.

I brag about how cheap the tuition is for the school as well as the education given at the school. Basically its cheaper than their school but with the same or even better education.

Nobody really shouldn't attend this school. It has a variety of majors for every person, unless your looking into going into a trade. Then you would be the type of person because there are no trade majors at this school.

zubeda

Everyone is busy with their own lives. goal oriented and responsible adult.

Everyone is busy with their own lives. goal oriented and responsible adult.

Work and save money for college. do lots of research on career and practical college major. Talk to students already majoring in my choice of major. of course, take education and learning very seriously when in high school which i did and now its paying off. make practical outline of classes for first semester and every semesters to come so i don't end up taking classes that i can take later when i get into the program instead of wasting time before getting into the program and discouraging myself from what i want or fall into depression or end up needing alot more money than i can afford. college life is tough and endlessly long so be prepared money wise and practice patience.

education because i love learning and everyone also seems to care about learning.

Porche

I would: 1. Tell myself to manage my time better. 2. Save money up for my books. 3. have better studying habits. 4. Hang around positive people that can influence you in a good way.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself I would mention getting invovled. With my job it is very difficult to find time to be involved in activities, clubs, sports, or any other group thing at my school. However, I feel as though I am not involved enough to satisfy myself. I would tell me to join a club or volunteer with groups at my school because that is the only way to truely enjoy the college experience.

De'

My school is very small but has fun people.

My school is very small but has fun people.

If I was to go back and help myself as a senior, I would say go out and get a job. I wouls also say study more because that is what college life is all about. Its your senior year and you had 3 yeras to have fun, now it's time to crack down and focus on school.

The most frustrating thing about my school is some of the rules.

Ungel

My school is best known for both its campus life and its success rate. Wayne State Univeristy has a very diverse campus life. There are people coming from all over the world to attend Wayne State University. The success rate at my school is very high. I think that there is a 75 percent success rate at Wayne State University. I love my school for both of these reasons. These reasons are why I decided to attend Wayne State University.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior i would tell myself to learn study habbits. All throughout school I never studied as hard as I should've. This didn't effect my grades at all because I stayed on the honor roll through all my years in school. I even recieved a 4.3 on one of my report cards during my senior year in high school. Whenever I studied for something I did worse than when I didn't study. My motto was, "Study long, study wrong". All of this changed when I got to college. I learned that I needed to teach myself good study habbits because college was a new experience, therefore time to learn new habbits.

Honestly I wish I had known how difficult it would be to go to college without the means to pay for it. I started my freshman year in college in the fall of 2009. Although I have financial aid, I continue to struggle financially. My financial aid didn't cover the prices of all my books so I went through my first semester of school with only one book for a class and a suppliment book for another class. I was taking four classes. I guess thats the only thing I wish I had known before I came to school.

Latrease

Classmates are very helpful.

Classmates are very helpful.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to work harder to earn a higher GPA because of the amount of scholarship money that is avalabil to students. I would tell myself to think carefully about the decisions to apply to different schools including Wayne State and other universities and colleges in state. I would let my younger self know that campus life is really what you make it and that it is possible to be involved if you stay off campus. Finally I would tell myself to allow the first year to be the year you find your major then declaring a major the second year, instead of declaring a major only to change it two years later.

The most frustrating thing at Wayne State is the temperature of the class rooms in the winter. It is already cold in Detroit and the class rooms are drafty and cold as well.

Bryce

Wayne State is very similar to high school in a sense that you have a very similar amount of responsibility as you did as a senior. The work load is pretty heavy though. Spending time daily reviewing and studying for each class is highly reccomended because it is really easy to get behind in certain classes. I would never advise anyone to purchase books from book stores around campus but to search websites such as abebooks.com. You'll save lots of money this way. Visit counselors and people in your desired field of work often to make sure you are on the right track and avoid any setbacks. Never give yourself to many classes, especially if you plan to work a job as well as go to school. Even a part-time job can intertere with your school work if you have 4 or more classes. Never be afraid to ask for help, this is a very big school and its easy to be overlooked so make youself known and most of the time, professors are willing to give help to those who ask.

Iman

My school is very diverse, and provides students with great opporutunities in their fields of study.

Wayne State University is best known for its highly acclaimed research, along with its Medical School and Pharmacy School. My school is also known for its diversity and culture, for it is located in the heart and center of the city of Detroit, Michigan.

Knowing what I know now about college life, and the transistion it requires from high school, there is a great deal of advice I would give myself. All my life I have been an excellent student, and even graduated as Valedictorian of my class. When I started college, I was overconfident and thought that college was going to be a breeze. I was wrong. Although the study skills I acquired during high school proved to be a great help, college was much more serious than I thought. Studying required much more time, and attention to greater detail. I was also no longer a big fish in a small pond. I had to prove myself all over again, starting from scratch. Also, beyond just the academic realm, extra-curriculars are very important. If I had been more active in extra-curricular activities, getting involved would be much easier now. Overall, no matter how good of a high school student I was, college is much different, for there is less free time. Time that would have been dedicated to friends, is now dedicated to school or school-related activities. The transition to college is not easy and must be taken seriously.

Wayne State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.