Detroit, MI
Wayne State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wayne State University

Ernada

My classmates are diligent and very acafamedically-based.

My classmates are diligent and very acafamedically-based.

If time allowed me to go back in time and give myself advice, I would tell myself to enjoy college life more. Each day in college is a day full of new knowledge and experience. Therefore, I would stay focused on my academic pursuits, but I would also absorb my surroundings more because college is a time in my life that will shape me not only as a student, but as an individual.

I wish I had know proper study skills. There is alot of work required from a student, and that is work is properly done is time is managed well and studying is done efficiently.

Ayat

I would probably tell me to stay focused on my school work more, and try not to let anything distract me from my goal.

The worst thing i can think of might be the parking, it is really hard to find a place to park even with parking passes.

I wish I had known that it would be this demanding, and take up 95% of my time, yet its a lot of fun and everyone is helpful and supportive

Matthew

Wayne State was close enough to home that I could visit when I want to, but far enough away that I could be on my own. It is world renowned in the sciences and health professions, making it a valuable destination for any future health care professional. As a pharmacy student, Wayne State offered me the opportunity for early admittance and the ability to study surrounded by premier medical facilities. The area surrounding Wayne State has a multitude of professional and social opportunites. It is such a great area to live in.

Don't procrastinate about getting in applications for schools and scholarships. Spend whatever free time you have getting money and getting to the next level. Although senior year may seem like a time to slack off, colleges look at your grades through your graduation day. After college, you can relax for the rest of your life, but for now put in the extra time and effort to get to that next level. The money and acceptance letters you eran now will make the future that much easier for you. No matter what you do, never give up and always keep looking ahead towards those goals you have set for yourself. It is so easy to get distracted and you have worked too hard to get where you are to just give it all up. Keep your head held high and never let anyone bring you down. Ten years from now, they will look back and realize that the fun they had is nothing compared to the money you are making now. The extra effort now will pay off in the long run.

Wayne State has something to offer everyone. There's really nothing to discourage anyone from coming. It is inexpensive enough to give everyone the opportunity to attend college and is extremely flexible with class times to meet anyone's schedule. The only drawback I have found is a lack of life on campus during the weekends. The campus is mostly commuter, so on the weekends there isn't a whole lot to do. Student Council has created a committee to fix this problem, however, and make WSU an extremely vibrant and diverse urban college campus.

Melanie

The classmates are generally pretty nice, and will help you if you ask. It is mainly a commuting school so most of the people you see like once and then never again. It is a nice atmosphere though.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to stop spending so much time on schoolwork and actually live a little. You're only a senior once, so why not live it up while you can. Also, I would have told myself to apply to more places and sooner so I had more places to pick from and possibly more scholarship opportunities.

I wish I had known how to talk to more people and be more outgoing so that I wasn't always the quiet kid in class.

Karamjit

Wayne state university has a lot of cultural, ethnicc, and political diversity. And they encourage it, no one will try and make you suppress your opinion. Its almost like a comnnunity college, becasue everyone is so close. The school is located i the middle of a very rich, and diverse neighborhood. Some people say that its not saf here, but then again, bad thinga can happen anywhere, it just depends on you luck. Overall this school has teh most to offer through its diverse faculty. The more diverse the faculty the batter persepective teh students gte, they get .

I would tell myself to still work hard, and to try my hardest on figuring out what I wanted to do with the rest of my life.

A person who doesnt care about their education at all. There are many types of people here the realy focused ones, and the ones that could care less about their careers or education. But then agaion this college is pretty much good for everyone, ats cheap, and its calle da univeraity, its not as great as the other big universities, but its still up there. Some of the people who go here are very smart, they could have gone to a big 4-year university but they chose Wayne state University becasue it was close to their home.

Melanie

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would say make sure to have some time and enjoy it. Don't spend so much of your time focused on school and all of the extracurriculars that you do not have any time for yourself or friends and family. Also, I would say to apply earlier to colleges so I would have an increased chance of getting accepted to several places and having more options of where I want to go. The last thing is to never give up. Although times may seem hard, it is never worth it to give up. Better things are definitely on the way, which you will miss if you do not perservere.

The worst thing is that I want to play sports or something but it'll eat up too much of my time or take place when something else is going on.

The most frustrating thing is the fact that since so many people commute it's really hard for people like myself to get to know people and make friends in classes.

jacqueline

it all depends on you. go to the campus and visit before deciding. Enjoy college and make the most of it because there is no other experience like it.

someone who is trying to graduate and begin a career

stay focused and schedule classes all together.

Rita

the availibility of many different kinds of programs really got my attention at WSU. WSU has a program for almost anyone. The commute back and forth is reasonable and is not as expensive as university of michigan or university of detroit mercy.

Look at all the programs available and the availabilty of courses inorder to finish at a reasonable rate. Then look at the financial status of it all, education is very important but should not be something that runs you dry. If commuting, think about transportation, cost of gas, and parking costs. If rooming, think also about cost, area (how safe and close to campus).

Jamal

When a student is looking for the right college to attend to you gotta look for acedemic majors that are offered, extracurricular possibilities, look into the location as well to see if you want to stay near home or out the state. Check the academics programs and campus life for better opportunities. Make sure you check the cost of the school your going to attend too thats very important, and look into diversity on campus as well. Future students remember to be responsible and never give up, college will be stressful for first year students, it was for me too. Just be dedicated to your work and take breaks to reduce stress build up. Have fun and have time for yourself when needed. Parents my advice to you is to always be supportive in your son or daughter cause your opinion does count talk it over with your children and come up with the best solution that the student and parent can agree on. Last piece of advice stay focused and pay very close attention.

Students who are interested in the medical field should attend Wanye State University, By far the best university for medical field in the state of Michigan.

The worst thing is not having a dorm when going to school during the winter, it gets really cold in michigan and catching the bus everyday to get to class on time was rough during the winter.

Wayne State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.