Detroit, MI
Wayne State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wayne State University

Maria

My advice to future college students would be to apply to as many colleges as possible. Make sure to look at the programs offered at each college, and make the right descision based on personal interest in a field. I would visit all of the colleges and make sure I can picture myself living there, surrounding myself with only positive people, because after all you will be there for a whole 4 or more years for undergrad. Being comfortable around a new enviroment is the most important part of beginning a college career, because otherwise you won't make the most of the experience you can get. I would make sure the college fits my kind of interests and particularly offer the program which I want to get into. Making most of your college experience is based on the descions you first decide to make for yourself, like picking the right college, this will be the most important move. If you are not happy with this choice, you will be miserable every day. To be happy and successful in college, you must choose the univeristy that makes you feel the most comfortable and has interests that you like!!

The worst thing about Wayne State is the lack of interest and help academic advisors provide students. I am not sure why most of the academic advisors are the way they are, maybe because they hate their job? Of all the academic advisors I have spoken to, I can't say that I was advised the right way.

Chidinma

Finding the right college begins with deciding what's important to you. For me, it was proximity of the school to where I wanted to be, which was in the Metro-Detroit area; availability of the program I was interested in; and cost of tuition. Other important factors might be housing, extra-curricular activities, and financial aid. When you decide what's important, you can then find what school has the most of the qualities you're looking for and is the best fit. To make the most of your college experience, get involved! Every year I've tried something new, a program, a group, whatever, and I haven't regretted it. I've made friends and had many interesting experiences. From choir, to alternative spring break, from a student society for African students to the school newspaper, I've done so many cool things that have made my time more worthwhile. I don't think my college experience would be so great if I had done nothing but gone to class.

I say that it's in Detroit -- a city with so many positive things to do . Also with all the diversity, you never have to feel like an outsider, no matter who you are.

The financial aid process is the biggest complaint at my school. Students often have problems signing up for classes or housing because of slow disbursements. I work in my school's call center to raise money and one alumnus even told me that she liked Wayne State and the education she got there, but the financial aid process was so bad compared to other schools that she didn't want to donate any money to the school.

Alexandria

Don't make a decision based solely on cost, because you actually do get what you pay for. Also, if a guide says, "this doesn't happen often" when something weird happens, take that to mean it happens all the time. Every day, even.

It's as far away from home as possible while stil charging in state tuition.

Scared white people shouldn't attend this school.

Twania

Investigate the school thoroughly and make several visits to the campus.

Investigate the school thoroughly and make several visits to the campus.

No one ever is able to answer questions. There is always a run around and when you finally get an answer its usually to late and you missed the deadline for financial aid, graduation, etc.

James

Know what you want before you chose a college, so that college costs as less expensive.

Classes are close together

Wayne State University is an ethnically diverse, fun, and academically challenging.

I would advice parents and students to complete their first two years of school at a community college. Not only will it save them money, but time and a chance to explore what they really want to do without feeling pressured to have it all together.

I consider the diversity to be the best thing at our school because of the culture it surrounds us in. It also allows us to learn and experience different things in life.

Renita

WSU is a culturally diverse school where students aspire to be the best and succeed.

Depending on the expectation and curriculum of interest, picking a school should be based on their rates of academic success as well as the accredidation in which the school holds. Some students learn in smaller classroom settings while others are not effected by the overwhelming amount of students in class (being known only as a number to the professor), class size should also be taken into consideration when choosing a school and so should the area in which the school is located because every parent wants to feel their child is safe away at school, and every student wants to feel safe when walking through the street on and nearby campus.

The diversity in ethnicity and study, because it provides a well-rounded education and cultural understanding of the world we live in.

Kelly

It is important for students to select a college that best fits their educational needs however, it is also vital that they have the ability to choose a school that motivates them to be involved in campus activites and to do their best work academically. Choosing a college where the student feels at home and where they recieve the right amount of attention according to their needs will help ensure success. I recommend going to any and all the schools the student is interested in and even some that they have never considered for open houses to see what all have to offer. Most importantly is the ability of the school to provide the type of education that the student needs to be placed in the career that they desire. Second to that is providing extra- curricular activites. Inspiring students to be involved in things outside of school tends to motivate students to do better in all areas of their lives. And finally, the best advice I can give is to be involved in as much as possible. I waited two years to be involved and it was the biggest mistake of my life.

It is very difficult to remain enthusiastic about school work and campus activites since Wayne State is mostly a commuter campus. It is very frustrated to stay motivated when we lack things to be motivated about.

I mostly brag about my specific academic program (mortuary science) since Wayne State has one of the best bachelor programs in this field in the country. I also brag on it's location because I love the fact that we are located in the heart of an urban city.

Wayne State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.