Detroit, MI
Wayne State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wayne State University

Heather

WSU is a career focused university with an older student body.

WSU is a career focused university with an older student body.

The advice that I was given when choosing a college was 'don't let money factor in to your decision'. Although I agree that you shouldn't choose a college because it's "cheaper", and that your education is an investment, I also think it's important to look at the quality of the school and professors, not just the reputation of the school. I went to a university (Wayne State) where the faculty taught at UofM and State as well, but I had classes with them for a significantly lower cost. Don't get caught up in the "name brand" appeal of university. Do the research and you could save yourself a lot of money.

Getting the run around from the admin buildings

andrea

I would tell the parents and or student, make sure you pick a college not because of the parties, or because your friends go there, but pick a college that meet your educational needs. also make sure its in your budget.

I wish i would of known that the student to teacher ratio exact.

The worst thing about my school is financial aid office. Your money is never there on time and you have to sit and wait on hold forever.

We have a very diverse student body here and I love it. For the most part, though there are exceptions, the students are genuinely interested in furthering their education and making sure their experience is the best possible.

Schedule college visits because the way a school feels is extremely important. I feel at home with my university. I did some traveling and looking at transferring btu after visiting the other schools I realized the one I was at was truly the best in every way for me. The campus is nice and feels homey to me, but the student body and overall goals of the university complements me and parallels my own goals. No student should feel left out, so it's best to make sure that there are programs that support your beliefs and way of living.

I wish I had reserached the field I was going into a little bit more. I originally entered Wayne State University under the pre-med program. I would have liked to have a seminar included in my orientation so that we could hear from the administrators of the medical school. There was such a seminar offered a couple semesters later. However, I think it would have helped me a lot more had it been earlier. Though, now, I eblieve the school does include such seminars for all programs.

Tylene

Parents should not be involved in helping their child choose the college that they want to attend. I believe that choosing a college is up to the student. But, I will say go to the school that is going to offer you more finanically. Also, get involved on campus, it is a great way to meet new people and also a great way to network. Also, talk to your proffessor's that is what they are there for. And participate in class discussions teachers love students that do this. (your grade may be raised because of this.) Finally, parents remeber it is your child's decision on which school they would like to attend, but do advise them of your financial support.

Someone that wants a good education in any other field other than health.

Aiman

My classmates are a very diverse group of students.

My classmates are a very diverse group of students.

Talk to students who attend the school and are following the career path you find interesting. Although, take your time deciding what you want to do with your life. Explore your options!

For Pre-Medical students, there is a lot of research and resources available.

Kirsten

My classmates are very willing to help with whatever needed to help me succeed.

My classmates are very willing to help with whatever needed to help me succeed.

Because Wayne State University is in Detroit, there are many cultural experiences. Also, being located downtown, Comerica Park, Ford Field, The State Theatre, as well as the Majestic are all conveniently located for entertainment purposes. I also feel that the faculty takes my progress to heart; they genuinely care about me.

My advice to finding the right college would be to start looking for colleges in the latter part of your sophomore year in high school . This way, you are able to visit the colleges and decide on whether you would be interested or not. After taking the tour of the campus, see if you can spend a weekend or a weeknight on campus to get a feel of the college life. I would recommend doing this for all of your choices and in the end, it helps you decide what school is right for you. To make the most of your college experience, don't study all the time. Get out of your comfort zone and meet people. Go do something you wouldn't normally do, like attending an event that the student council put on. If you live in the dorms, go around your floor and start networking, you never know if they will be in your classes (you can study together). In your classes, say hello to the person next to you, they can make the semester fun or they even may become one of your best friends. Just have fun, but be smart about it.

LaShawnda

make sure its what u whant to do and is it the right choice for you and make sure u keep a bugit and do spent a hole lot of money or don't get broke if you have some money.

just being around different people ever day and getting a chance to me new people because sometimes metting new people can open doors for you later on in life.

Allen

It's in Detroit, a close campus, so not too much walking.

It's in Detroit, a close campus, so not too much walking.

You don't need to decide what you want to do right off the bat, but don't waste your time on campus without a plan. Find a place that works for everything: it provides a good education, it's close/far enough away from home, it has the social life you desire. Once you get to college, be active. Join a community and get involved. It's the best way to meet people and get into activities that can help you and your carrers.

Those who don't feel safe in the big city

Alicia

I think that people shouldn't worry about money or other obstacles when finding the right college because your education is something that people can never take from you.

That it is very highly respected in the research field especially in the medical area.

Someone that wants to go far in life and has high goals and aspirations for themselves should attend Wayne State.

Krista

A research university with a world-class education.

A research university with a world-class education.

It's small enough to fit the needs of students that like a comfortable atmosphere.

Allow your student plenty of time to discover which school is right for them. You should start searching with them their sophmore year of high school. Let them go to campus visits and allow them to stay for a weekend to see what it's like to eat and be in the atmosphere of other college students. Also, make sure that they apply for college by the middle of their senior year in high school.

Wayne State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.