Detroit, MI
Wayne State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wayne State University

Kyra

It has an awesome medical program.

It has an awesome medical program.

First, go where you have the best chance of getting the best education in your career field. Second, go to the better offering school.

Zena

My advice to parent and student is to attend the school that caters to your major. Make the most of your college experience by joining organzations and make professional contacts.

The best thing about Wayne State University is the flexibility of class schedules. There are a variety of days and times to choose from.

Wayne State University has one of the top business schools in the state of Michigan.

LaSee

Always visit a college during the weekdays. You'll get a better feel on what the school is like and make sure the school has the majors that your interested in!!!!!!!

any kind of person can come here. This school for the popular kids and the misfits everyone feels welcome here!!!!!

The only bad thing about this school is the little black squirrels that jump out the trash can when u try to throw something away outside. Other than that this school is awsome!!!!!!!!!!!

Marisa

Figuring out what college or university is the best choice for you is difficult. It's not something that anyone can tell exactly how to do it. You just have to do what you think is the best thing for you. When I was in high school I thought I knew where I wanted to be for college. I applied to two schools, to have a backup. I got in to my first school of choice, CMU, and was so excited! In August, I moved into my first dorm at CMU. I met my roommates and was suddenly terrified. I had just been in the car for over 2 hours and my parents were leaving me here alone. I didn't have a good year. I had roommate issues and was always homesick. Over christmas break, I decided I wasn't going back there for my Sophomore year. I applied to schools again because I wanted to be home. I decided to go to Wayne and live here. This is such a better fit for me, and it was my second choice. Really think hard about the decision to be made and make sure its the right one for you.

Although I love going to school in a big city, Detroit isn't the safest city. That's the thing I consider the worst about my school. Just the fact that I can't just walk down the street alone because it's not safe bothers me a lot of the time. This is such a wonderful school in a great city, its just that the city hasn't kept a good name for itself.

I personally don't think I can pick out a certain type of person and tell them they shouldn't be allowed to attend Wayne State U. It is a very diverse, cultural, and welcoming University. Any student, from any part of the world, with any background is welcome here. The only way to really know if this is the right place for you is if you are ready to buckle down and focus on school. If you can handle a heavy workload while being involved with campus activities this is the place for you!

Bilal

To enjoy the college experience, get involved. Find a university that you could live in. Find a part time job to pay for the few expenses and spending money. Make friends with people that share the same major. It will be necessary when the classes get tougher.

Somebody that doesn't like diversity. My school is in the middle of Detroit and has a rich African American culture. Some might find it to be a culture shock.

Marcia

Wayne State is extremely diverse. There are opportunities to interact with students from all ethnic backgrounds and races. Its setting in an urban environment also provides opportunity to interact with city residents, and to feel a part of the Detroit community.

The focus of college is obviously academics and preparation for the future. However, there is one thing unique to the college experience that can spur great personal growth: the opportunity to interact with people from virtually any and all background. My greatest advice for new students is to look for other students on campus who are not like you... maybe they don't look like you, maybe they don't believe what you believe. Seek them out, and begin a friendship. You will find your life become richer, and the world will suddenly become a very small place. You will not only learn about points of view and lifestyles you never knew about before, but you will also learn that deep down we are all very much the same. It will change the way you think about virtually everything. It will open great windows for you in your future. Embrace it!

Most students at this college are working and have families, many are commuters. There seems to be minimal concern from the faculty and financial aid office for the real life pressures that student's face. Students are often treated like children, when in fact they have rich life experiences and are very much adults.

raefah

wayne state is a very diverse and involved school. The clubs here are very enthusiastic and are always welcoming new members. Although currently the financial aid dept isnt exactly my favorite they have been always there to answer any questions I may have. The tuition is also very high here. I am currently enrolled full time taking 13 credits and a semester is costing me $4200.

Probably most the students. They are very friendly and always welcoming you into their groups in classes.

Alisa

My classmates are ethnically diverse, liberal, welcoming, friendly, and artistic.

I would say that size does matter! Class size and school size are very important. For example, I don't learn well in large lecture halls. At my school I've been able to select classes that are smaller in size which has helped me greatly. Some have even been 8-10 students so there is a lot of instructor face-time. Also, the location of your school is important for a students overall happiness. If you are a person that loves city life (like me) you may not be happy in a small town. After school your activities would leave you frusterated and yearning for more. Once these two criteria are met it's important to choose a school with a variety of classes in the field you wish to study. The more class options there are the more likely you are to enjoy them. And most importantly be open and make friends!

The most frustrating thing is the academic advising center. I once sat there for the majority of the day to see someone. I had to go to walk-in hours because there were no appointments left.

Shardae

My Classmates love Social Work, provide diverse cultural backgrounds and experiences.

Find a student(s) at the college or University that you're interested in attending. Students tend to give honest feed back about college life (classes, social life, professors...) than a faculty member. Secondly, remember that a good majority of Universitys and Colleges have beautiful landscape, so don't that be a fact that determines your enrollment. Lastly, learn how to manage your time. Be willing to meet and network with people who may not look like you. And most importantly, learn how to schmooze. I'm not talking about telling the Prof. He/She has nice shoes! NO, you need to sit toward the front of the class and nod your head to let the Prof. know you understand them and that you're paying attention. Even if you know the answer to a question, ask it anyway! Let the Prof. get to know your face and name. It helps, at least at Wayne State University, boost your grade from a B+ to an A! Good Luck!!

I brag about being so close to downtown area like The Fox Theatre and Motown.

Wayne State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.