Wayne State University

« See more reviews of Wayne State University

The students at Wayne State are pretty diverse, and encompass people with ethnicities from all over the world. Most students wear casual clothing and a some even dress up with heels and dresses. It seems like there are students from all different types of socio-economic backgrounds and a lot of them seem to hang out with other students with similar backgrounds. I would say that middle class seems to be the most prevelant. Its also pretty obvious that a lot of students are politically active especially those that are a part of on-campus student activities and are always at tables asking people to join a cause. There are also a lot of different religious students mostly Christian and Muslim and everyone seems to respect eachothers beliefs and are non-judgemental.

At Wayne State University, you find a huge amount of diversity amongst students. Several different races can be found, as well as students coming from different economic standards. The rich and the poor both attend a lecture containing about four hundred students, and together they will study, since studying in a group is highly encouraged from professors at our university. Most students do not discuss their political affiliations and you remain unaware of them, unless asked. There are organizations that students may join who are interested in politics, but they are very few. Most students finance their own college expenses or pay for college by financial aid.

Students at my school come from many walks of life, cultures, backgrounds, and cities. There is no student that should feel out of place at Wayne, because you will most definitely meet someone just like yourself here. In class students wear what every they choose to wear; since this isn't a private school there isn't really a subjugation on dress or attire. I would say most students are either from the suburbs and the city of Detroit itself. Also, the students who are there to go on to later professional degrees or graduate school are the students who are politically aware. Also are the students who are in the Irvin D. Reid Honors College!

There are a lot of amazing and intelligent peole. There are some who really are commited and are there to be there and get an education and others who are just there to have good time. It is great to see so many cultures and ethinicities come together and hear their views on the subjects. It is way different than high school. Most people are here to get educated and to succeed in a career and that makes it even better to be around them because they really care.

Wayne State is a very diverse school with students from many different ethnic backgrounds. People are mostly from middle class backgrounds and most are also from the Metro Detroit area. Some students there are very friendly while others are not so much.

Some are friendly once they warm up to you. Just like anywhere else I suppose. The lectures consist of hundereds of students so, you wont have much luck finding a friend. I've found that it was easier in my smaller classes to make friends.

We have a very diverse student body here and I love it. For the most part, though there are exceptions, the students are genuinely interested in furthering their education and making sure their experience is the best possible.

The students at wayne are very friendly, there is a very diverse environment at wayne and wear what makes them feel comfortable. I think most students are local but then again there are a lot of diverse places.

As I touched on in a previous question, Wayne State is very diverse and open. Many different cultures come together at Wayne and unite together. It's very interesting emmersing myself into si much diversity.

The classmates are generally pretty nice, and will help you if you ask. It is mainly a commuting school so most of the people you see like once and then never again. It is a nice atmosphere though.