Wayne State University Top Questions

Tell us about your professors.

My professors are usually raw asians that got hired by the school from a different country. Good luck learning when you can't even understand them.

My professors are AWESOME! Over my short year here I have met some very impactful people. Don't get me wrong, some of them I can't stand but a most will go out of their way to help you if you need it. But be careful of the lectures! You really have to come to class prepared to pay attention and if you aren't you might have some difficulties. My favorite class so far would be my spanish 1 class, with Professor Brender. He would always teach us funny things to ask people that would help us remember key ideas. He always told us, "If the most stupid person in Mexico can speak spanish, so can you!" I have been very pleased with many of my professors and depending on the one you get, you should be too.

I love the professors at Wayne State they are so diverse and are very educated and really know they are talking about. There is a difference between the younger professors and older professors. The younger ones sometimes cuss and try to relate to the students on a more personal level. While older professors seems to be more experienced and while still encouraging class discussion they seem more educated and technical. Altogether I have loved all of my teachers and they have all made me interested in the subjects they were teaching. They are always available through email and office hours and if you put the effort forth to get a good grade and ask questions they are more than willing to help you out.